Quantcast

Page 938 of 950 FirstFirst ... 438838888928934935936937938939940941942948 ... LastLast
Results 14,056 to 14,070 of 14250

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I really don't have a problem with the dumb A.I. It's the stages with long seconds of empty space that bother me. Sometimes you can walk or ride an elevator or car for quite a while with nothing happening.
    Yeah. I swear one area I sat there for a minute with nothing happening. All the baddies were gone, but it wouldn't let me progress. I intentionally dropped my weapon and picked up another then I was allowed to progress. Probably just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinsp View Post
    youre talking about the robot boss? She mirrors herself in both sides, you have to see who is hitting you and hit her thats the one, but she's always moving and changing to the other three ^^
    Yeah. She was phased out and in 4 places on the screen at once but didn't seem to be moving much. Even when the health bar went down there was no knock down or anything. Then she would start to move and vanish then reappear on other parts of the screen instantaneously but I could see attacks at that point.
    Last edited by nieds16; 03-04-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Frost Blossom's Avatar

fun fact about Paprium. I don't think I've ever mentioned this before.

Did you know that Paprium can force grabs on you? Yup. Know how in many beat em' ups you grab enemies by walking into them? It works like that in Paprium too. It also happens if an enemy walks into you. So like, you could be blocking in a crowd of bad dudes (Who even blocks in Paprium anyway) and then one of the enemies can walk into you, forcing you into grabbing them!

AAA+ game design! Send Fonzie my regards!

#LOCUSTERY

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Grab them by the block!

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Someone just tipped me that the Konami code that's hidden in Paprium is slightly different from the "real" Konami code (it ends with B, B instead of B, A) and supposedly it unlocks the remaining music tracks in the sound test. After a little bit of searching I found that you're supposed to enter the code on the main menu. I tried it and yes, the game does confirm entry of the code! However it did not unlock anything in the sound test for me. So... we know what the Konami code is and where to enter it now, but what does it actually do?

Here's a short video I made demonstrating the Konami code entry:

https://streamable.com/1huwk9

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Kamon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Someone just tipped me that the Konami code that's hidden in Paprium is slightly different from the "real" Konami code (it ends with B, B instead of B, A) and supposedly it unlocks the remaining music tracks in the sound test. After a little bit of searching I found that you're supposed to enter the code on the main menu. I tried it and yes, the game does confirm entry of the code! However it did not unlock anything in the sound test for me. So... we know what the Konami code is and where to enter it now, but what does it actually do?

Awesome, I have some theories to contribute. If it does unlock the extra tracks its possible that it only happens after you have all the other tracks first. I thought it might be related to the mega wire to get them...What that does mean is you have access to track 60! Why is this important? Everyone remember the 'LX-V' code in the police HQ? Well, if it's Roman numerals it's actually 60-5. I think we might have a sonic style sound test secret hiding in there if you play track 60 and 5 back to back. Haven't unlocked the jukebox myself yet so feel free to test it for me.

Entirely speculation in my part but I'm convinced there's more to the restrained enemies that give you tokens for lives in original mode. The icon above their head matches the ones above the character select, I think it's possible for a second player to take over them temporarily! Doesn't it seem strange that they fight you at all given you just freed them? Was going to test this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post

Aha! Now we at least know where to use the code. But indeed, I couldn't find anything unlocked or changed by it. No extra songs, no new Arcade paths (Royale B??), no characters, not even infinite health or something! Maybe it's the code that Fonzie said makes the CPU buddy smarter? I'd test but I haven't hooked up my Sega CD since I got a MegaSD and now I can't find the AC adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamon View Post
    Awesome, I have some theories to contribute. If it does unlock the extra tracks its possible that it only happens after you have all the other tracks first. I thought it might be related to the mega wire to get them...What that does mean is you have access to track 60! Why is this important? Everyone remember the 'LX-V' code in the police HQ? Well, if it's Roman numerals it's actually 60-5. I think we might have a sonic style sound test secret hiding in there if you play track 60 and 5 back to back. Haven't unlocked the jukebox myself yet so feel free to test it for me.
    I have all the known tracks up to this point so I am fairly sure I have everything unlockable through normal gameplay, but nothing extra has been unlocked. Track 60 is 3C in hex, which is Urban in the sound test, and unlocked as part of normal gameplay. I did try playing 3C and then 05, but no good. Another thing I tried was thinking that maybe LX-V meant "60 minus 5" so 3C and 37, or even starting at 3C and going down in increments of 5. Haven't found anything yet-- if it's really obscure it might only be found once a ROM is dumped and someone tries disassembling it. Shrug.

Entirely speculation in my part but I'm convinced there's more to the restrained enemies that give you tokens for lives in original mode. The icon above their head matches the ones above the character select, I think it's possible for a second player to take over them temporarily! Doesn't it seem strange that they fight you at all given you just freed them? Was going to test this tonight.
    I agree that something is up with those guys, but then again it could also be a feature where Fonzie was going to do something more with it and decided to cop out and just make them give lives.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ksoft View Post
    Aha! Now we at least know where to use the code. But indeed, I couldn't find anything unlocked or changed by it. No extra songs, no new Arcade paths (Royale B??), no characters, not even infinite health or something! Maybe it's the code that Fonzie said makes the CPU buddy smarter? I'd test but I haven't hooked up my Sega CD since I got a MegaSD and now I can't find the AC adapter.

I have all the known tracks up to this point so I am fairly sure I have everything unlockable through normal gameplay, but nothing extra has been unlocked. Track 60 is 3C in hex, which is Urban in the sound test, and unlocked as part of normal gameplay. I did try playing 3C and then 05, but no good. Another thing I tried was thinking that maybe LX-V meant "60 minus 5" so 3C and 37, or even starting at 3C and going down in increments of 5. Haven't found anything yet-- if it's really obscure it might only be found once a ROM is dumped and someone tries disassembling it. Shrug.

I agree that something is up with those guys, but then again it could also be a feature where Fonzie was going to do something more with it and decided to cop out and just make them give lives.
    It works almost exactly like trapped hostages did in Golden Axe 3, down to the behavior, icon, icon position in the HUD, etc. They just never made "hostage" sprites. That's my best guess at least.

Figured out how konami code does btw. It adds an option labelled ??? (With the caption 'Good sh*t!) To your options menu. Looks like t just activated the boom box early for me when selected.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Figured out how konami code does btw. It adds an option labelled ??? (With the caption 'Good sh*t!) To your options menu. Looks like t just activated the boom box early for me when selected.
    Good Job I wouldn't have been able to figure that out as I'd already got the option

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Ah okay. That's pretty useless and disappointing then, because the boom box was already unlocked for me after completing the game with whatever score was required. It doesn't seem to unlock any of the hidden tracks in the boom box.

Master of Shinobi

second part of the "nicer" interview. He says amb96/dolphin game needs its backgrounds to be redone and there will be no screenshots for this one (looks like a fast & modest project as a rebound thing from Paprium), Project N's programmer (it's not him) said he must redo the game from scratch in order to optimize/avoid slowdowns...

He was in Italy by the time of this shooting (what would those boxes be?)
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post

second part of the "nicer" interview. He says amb96/dolphin game needs its backgrounds to be redone and there will be no screenshots for this one (looks like a fast & modest project as a rebound thing from Paprium), Project N's programmer (it's not him) said he must redo the game from scratch in order to optimize/avoid slowdowns...

He was in Italy by the time of this shooting (what would those boxes be?)
    I got that vibe too. On paper it seems like a responsible decision, use your old engine to make game that is smaller in scope to build up more funds for larger projects. If what you're saying it true about the engine needing to be redone then that game isn't coming out anytime soon, Its not coming out at all if he doesn't magically secure his funds or sell off his ip. He's all over the place. One week he's all for selling off project N and his frabicating equipment and the next he's saying project N is the next project to ship! Mix in amb96 and the locustery minigame (although it's safe to assume they're the same thing) and it's clear his direction is entirely steered by his cash flow, which is zero. I really wish people wouldnt enable him anymore. The only people who preordered amb96 are looking to make a quick buck or stupidly believe the 'always delivers' mantra he's pushing. For all his showboating about how resellers and scalpers are scum he loves appealing to them. He had no problem selling amb96 by the dozen with a discount and he sure as hell didn't mind selling a promise and thin air either. I really do hope the amb96 pre-order folk get burned hard and lose their money. It would leave all the folk who want good games without the toxicity and mistreatment better off. When the people who threw their money at project titles on a gradient come complaining you can link them this thread as the million word essay as to why they deserve whatever came their way.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

That's awesome, I have been waiting for that! Thanks bunches!

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher tokay's Avatar

I really do hope the amb96 pre-order folk get burned hard and lose their money.
    I really do hope we can find a cure for brain cancer.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I really do hope the amb96 pre-order folk get burned hard and lose their money. It would leave all the folk who want good games without the toxicity and mistreatment better off.
    I would be careful with hopes towards other people you don't know. It's nasty. And whether people pre-order it or not will not change reality for you or any other backers of any other retro releases. We all know the person is *special* to say the least, but to his credit, nobody else yet came up with a game like Paprium, if others follow doing similar games with custom chips and similar design choices, all power to them.

Thread Information