Quantcast

Page 214 of 951 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Am I like the only person in Sega-16 who is just eagerly awaiting for Project-Y?

No complaints. No snarky remarks. No jokes. Just eagerly awaiting.
    You're not alone! But I'm kinda sad that we don't have any updates. Still, eagerly awaiting for it!
    SEGA, mais forte que tu!

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IvoSlash View Post
    You're not alone! But I'm kinda sad that we don't have any updates. Still, eagerly awaiting for it!
    No, I too am eager! I have been pretty pessimistic of late but some of these recent posts are more encouraging. One thing I have learned in this scene is patience: The amount of cool home built projects I've managed to get my hands on have taken ages, but they came all the same.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I think the really cool thing is that this is happening at all. In the meantime, there is always something cool brewing in the Genesis/Megadrive scene. If it's not smaller releases like Sasha's game, then there is cool stuff like the Pyko games. Of course the wider distribution/ availability of high-quality repros has really been great, but even the rom/color hacks provided by the community, and the translation hacks that seem to stay at a relatively constant pace seem to keep me busy/occupied, as far as Genesis stuff goes.

I just want to see this game get completed, or at the very least, see WM's progress. Their concept/summary of gameplay/content sounds great. I'd love to have another beat em up on the console, especially if it's as high quality as the stuff WM is capable of.

Master of Shinobi

I think this project suffers from being hyped to death (because of the footage shown and the promises) and long developping cycle but hey that's exactly what the indie scene is about, see Fez or The Witness for reference. I wish Project Y was as good for the MD as those 2 games are for the history of (indie) gaming. I guess with this kind of expectation it can only be disappointing but hey aren't we getting a 40 meg beat em up in 201X for a system abandoned by Sega in 1995?

Come on. I'd trade the last 40 AAA titles just for this project.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I wouldn't trade project-y for anything, seeing as there is quite literally, nothing there, at least for the time being.

That being said, I think that there would be so much less backlash about this game if there had been some sort of updates and development transparency. Now, if the game was privately funded, I think people would be less critical, although, it certainly wouldn't absolve them of any allegations of poor marketing. But I do believe that when they are playing with investor's money, they need to be clear and honest with their investors.

Look at it this way, let's say WM was making a new Streets of Rage, and Sega was funding it. Do you think Sega would be okay with Fonzie telling them to wait, or simply disappearing for months on end? Sega would set milestones, withhold payments, and expect to see updates. The investors are the ones getting screwed here, and that is wrong.

It's really cool to be part of something, even if it's just as a source of funding, but to then be completely shut out and treated with very little regard is simply asinine. WM is taking advantage of their position, and it's just sad to see.I know I've been really vocal about this situation, but this kind of development is really messed up, regardless of how well intentioned some people may think it is.

If the people that weren't part of the initial funding were the only ones not seeing anything, I could, maybe, make a case for WM. But this whole ordeal is nonsensical as all get out.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

yeah, if this delivers on more than half of what's promised, i'll no doubt be singing WM's praises on high, and purchasing their next projects as well

but i'm done with investing. taking forever with such a work/small team is perfectly fine - literally opposing updates of any kind is the only issue i have.

Gromble of pirates...? Outrunner Bramsworth's Avatar

I love Watermelon and think what they do is fantastic, but am a bit disappointed with how they're mostly radio silent. I can recall representatives being critical of how Super Fighter Team would just take pre-orders which then went unfulfilled for an eternity, so it sucks to see pretty much the exact same situation repeating itself here. But if anything, it's just a testament to how indie stuff like this aren't like big game company projects with deadlines that have to be met. That would hopefully mean quality over quantity since they seem to be adopting the principle of "it's done when it's done".

The silence though... let's hear SOMETHING! I literally only ever come to this forum every few days just to see if this thread has been bumped with an update. Going on like over two years now doing this Fonzie was nothing but a standup guy in my time working with him in the past, though, so despite how things aren't perfect, I choose to trust him.

I'm very curious to see more of Project N, too. Hope we get more news on that one soon.
    I'm Pro A'can

Master of Shinobi

Though I agree with some of the criticism, I can't let you call yourself an 'investor' when you've put 50 or 100 $ on something, or maybe a little more. That's not being an investor even if WM calls you that.

Sorry to be that rude, it's not even your fault/mistake (and you have the right to be pissed, that's understandable), it's this internet postcapitalism language nonsense that does this to us.

I guess "investors" are just some sort of VIP buyers, so you get what you paid for: very little until the actual delivery of the product you paid for. That's like expecting Amazon to give you info about where you package is at all times: it's nice, it's better when others do it, but it's absolutely non essential.

I agree with criticising delays, expenctations not fullfilled, etc but at some point, when a project changes or goes on trouble, I understand people being hesitant as to openly communicate what it's going on all the time. He should have said something a long time ago, though, that is obvious to everyone.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

^Who are u talking to?

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Though I agree with some of the criticism, I can't let you call yourself an 'investor' when you've put 50 or 100 $ on something, or maybe a little more. That's not being an investor even if WM calls you that.

Sorry to be that rude, it's not even your fault/mistake (and you have the right to be pissed, that's understandable), it's this internet postcapitalism language nonsense that does this to us.

I guess "investors" are just some sort of VIP buyers, so you get what you paid for: very little until the actual delivery of the product you paid for. That's like expecting Amazon to give you info about where you package is at all times: it's nice, it's better when others do it, but it's absolutely non essential.
    Shut the fuck up.

People expect what was promised to them. And, in such context, WM delivered much, much less than what they promised. Pretty much nothing at this point to be very honest.
    And it really doesn't matter what kind of retard interpretation you want to get out of your ass, WM used the term "investor" with the exact purpose of making people believe they would have a voice and WM itself established the rules.

It's so beyond stupid and nonsense when people like you try to sugar-coat such a crystal clear shameful situation for WM that it's really hard to swallow it, even if as a piss-poor "opinion".

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

if & when Project N gets a proper name/updates before Y though, i'm gonna be salty.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    if & when Project N gets a proper name/updates before Y though, i'm gonna be salty.
    That won't happen, project n does not even have a teaser trailer and as far as updates goes it is more behind then project y. Project y has gone on a long time without an update, but project n is way over six months of nothing.

Master of Shinobi

Sorry I was talking to SegaJorge but more generally to anyone who thinks that putting 50 $ onto something once gives you the same rights as someone who puts thousands of dollars a year on a real project backed by a real company and not some 5 MB piece of code done by an very small and relatively inexperienced venue that comes from the amateur world.

People promises many things and it is just human not to fullfill them. I don't see people angry at Gasega, Sik or Generation 16's awesome dude (& project) because of their delayed to death or cancelled projects. If the difference is just those 50 $ and not sufficient updates.. well what more can I say, just grow up.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

^
    I honestly don't care what people choose to call themselves. It's their prerogative.

As for feeling entitled to demand your every question on the project answered just because you shelled-out $50...? Not me brother.

As for demanding such answers when one has not even made a contribution to the project...?

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Sorry I was talking to SegaJorge but more generally to anyone who thinks that putting 50 $ onto something once gives you the same rights as someone who puts thousands of dollars a year on a real project backed by a real company and not some 5 MB piece of code done by an very small and relatively inexperienced venue that comes from the amateur world.

People promises many things and it is just human not to fullfill them. I don't see people angry at Gasega, Sik or Generation 16's awesome dude (& project) because of their delayed to death or cancelled projects. If the difference is just those 50 $ and not sufficient updates.. well what more can I say, just grow up.
    You're so full of shit.

SegaJorge never said what your implying here. I sure did invested more than $50 but it doesn't really matter in the context of this thread. SegaJorge or whoever Sega-16 member that wants to come here and express his opinion, criticism; whatever, they can do it because it's a fucking Internet forum.
    Sorry, bro, but the world is not as political correct as you're trying to enforce here.
    Furthermore, I'd rather read SegaJorge's well written criticism than your shitty views of what people should or should not say about WM.

To compare WM's MGF and Project Y debacles to gasega68k's, Sik's and stewy's initiatives really doesn't make any sense. There's a gigantic gap of participation and knowledge share by them in our community that you're simply ignoring in order to make it somehow fit in your narrative.

Why don't you take your own advice and try to grow up a little bit?
    Quit crying and mumbling about people who express opinions you dislike.
    Last edited by Barone; 09-03-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Thread Information