Quantcast

Page 500 of 951 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

I was hoping we'd finally see the game being released. I was holding off on the paprium series of videos because I genuinely thought we'd finally be getting the game. I'm disappointed.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

kirby

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    At this point it's hard to believe any source of information. They ultimately tie back to fonzie and there's no guarantee what he told anyone is true.
    He's chopped and changed the board spec so many times I don't even know what to believe myself. I very much doubt the corruption is due to the onboard stuff. I do wonder if his paranoid tendencies made him strip out all of the enemies so not to show "too much" a result of doing so screwed the memory management and caused the corruption. That maybe giving too much credit tho...

Wildside Expert

The Xeno Crisis guys were right to keep the cartridge standard. If you look at the top 10 most technically impressive games on the Genesis you realize the hardware is fine as it is (assuming you're willing to work for it). the Super Nintendo needed the help because it was relatively slow, but on the Genesis what did we get for it? A severely limited 100$ Virtua Racing...

...But I digress, what I wanted to say is that they should've know the project was maybe too ambitious for them. I really do believe the numerous delays are due to technical difficulties (going by what I read in this thread mostly). If you look at the SOR series as technical benchmarks they are pretty close to early 90's arcade brawlers, if Paprium could've compete with them I"m positive no investor would complain.

a.k.a. ManuLöwe Sports Talker Ramsis's Avatar

I wonder what's in that big white box under the CRT? And LOL how he hastily shuts the game off at the end

Anyway, what a huge mess. Pathetic.

All the effort clearly went into the graphics, there's a 20 min video on youtube showing off a lot of the "game", and it's all just really nice looking backgrounds and glitched up sprites.
    I somehow expected more than this, at least some enemies moving around with crappy patterns.

All these years for that? Yikes.

Hey guys, long time no see.
    I'm a little bit disappointed for this, but somewhat I keep thinking that this was a beta done some time ago and Fonz only showcased it to keep the secret of the final product.
    However, I DO AGREE that move is just what we say in Portugal: um tiro no pé (a shot in the foot). That just made (even more) mad the customers!!
    Graphically speaking, the game looks great IMO. I just don't like the sprite for the selection highlight... That kinda looks 89-90 to me, not a high-end MD game. Too bad we couldn't hear GrooveMaster303 epic OST
    Let's keep the fingers crossed... and light one more candle for this game.
    SEGA, é mais forte que tu!

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

There's a weird discussion in the French comments on Facebook.
    I wondered if anyone who is or knows French could work this out for me. It sounds like he made a load of excuse at the event for not releasing. Could someone confirm this?

Screenshot_20181028-111420__01.jpg

better translation:

Fonzie said several things, but different depending on who he was talking to, a sudden it would be on the chip, a shot is just the version he had in his possession was not good. but after that it's like for production, a shot he says it will be before Christmas, then after he says next year, and then he says it will not be over because he needs an investor he did not find, brief different versions of the story anyway ....
    Last edited by matteus; 10-28-2018 at 07:35 AM. Reason: better translation

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert molul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IvoSlash View Post
    somewhat I keep thinking that this was a beta done some time ago and Fonz only showcased it to keep the secret of the final product.
    I don't really care if it's true or not, but I must say this doesn't make sense at all. If you have a nearly finished game you can prepare a demo of 1 or 2 stages, not this.

Quote Originally Posted by molul View Post
    I don't really care if it's true or not, but I must say this doesn't make sense at all. If you have a nearly finished game you can prepare a demo of 1 or 2 stages, not this.
    Agree. I think it is a terrible idea what has been done. I understand that he wants to keep things running for a surprise, but what you said makes much more sense.
    SEGA, é mais forte que tu!

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    There's a weird discussion in the French comments on Facebook.
    I wondered if anyone who is or knows French could work this out for me. It sounds like he made a load of excuse at the event for not releasing. Could someone confirm this?

Screenshot_20181028-111420__01.jpg

better translation:
    Way to keep the mystery alive! After stating the game was finished, that's just disappointing. I hope he will give a good explanation and confirm release before Xmas as hopefully it was just the PCB that was buggy (according to one of the guys who was there on FB, Fonzie said the enemy sprites are "dynamically added" by the chip but it was buggy here), but it just doesn't seem realistic with this poor showing. If the game was complete but he only had that cartridge with him, he should have brought some video to play and reassure investors and customers.

Wildside Expert

Fonzie had asked me to come but I couldn't attend in the end. In any case, the fact there was no actual gameplay footage is pretty worrisome. How can he tell people the game will soon be shipped... I had seen these kind of scrolling and all the character frames when he had asked me to check the sprite animations 3 years ago. Honestly I feel bad for all the customers and wonder what will remain of WM after so many delays and disappointment. Pretty discouraging.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

As others have said, even if it was just a buggy PCB or something like that, the game is still not going to be ready for release for another many months (best case scenario). Once finished, it would have to undergo lengthy playtesting and debugging, and then the production process will take a while.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by otobo View Post
    on FB, Fonzie said the enemy sprites are "dynamically added" by the chip but it was buggy here), but it just doesn't seem realistic with this poor showing. If the game was complete but he only had that cartridge with him, he should have brought some video to play and reassure investors and customers.
    The text in french says: 'Fonzie said different things according to the person he spoke to. To one, he would say it (what was shown?)was due to the chip, to others that the build he had brought wasn't the correct one. Likewise, as it comes to manufacture, he would say to some not before Christmas, then not before next year to eventually say the process isn't complete because he would need an investor's help, he hasn't found yet.

https://translate.googleusercontent....oES94Y6jAGzS3w

Supposedly the game is done but the Chinese factory won't let the product leave till they have the rest of thier money.

https://translate.googleusercontent....T_1F8QAEbwn0Qw

Alot of confusion going on. Gonna check the french forums next.
    Last edited by zredgemz; 10-28-2018 at 09:55 AM.

This thread became so hilarious all of a sudden. I have some things I want to say, but I probably shouldn't, so I'll just be quiet for once.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information