Quantcast

Page 820 of 951 FirstFirst ... 320720770810816817818819820821822823824830870920 ... LastLast
Results 12,286 to 12,300 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
    Finally got the game myself... but it already froze two times on me in the 20 min i played, couldnt even finish the first stage because it kept frozing before i could finish it (not on the same spot). Something in the cart is loose tho, probably the aforementioned ID tag? This is how it arrived. Does that have something to do with freezing? Any similar experiences? Any fix? How many times did it froze on others here?
    Did you try to enable/force the "YM DAC" option ? I heard it fixed some freeze issues for some people (meaning that usage of audio pins could lead to some instabilities on some system ?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfin View Post
    Where is yours being shipped from?
    No idea. Still waiting for a tracking number. Probably all orders from the Americas are coming from the US. What's your parcell status?

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    Not sure I buy into the "he had it on stock since 2017" theory; My guess is he sourced it from some second hand online vendor.

That's why I believe in the "second hand" theory: I've identified the 'unknown' chip.

Its a Spansion gl064n90ffis2 NOR-Flash memory chip (I believe 64MB... yeah, probably additionally for the FPGA), originally from 2006; Spansion doesn't exist anymore since they merged with Cypress back in 2014 (and Cypress itself is now part of Infineon, though atm they still exist with their own brand name, at least for now...)

I mean sourcing used chips from online vendors like Alibaba is a cheap way for homebrew tinkering, I get that. I'm just sceptical when such parts end up in products intended for end consumers though. :/
    Wait a second. If that's a 64Mbit chip, where are the other 16 for 80 MEG POWER?

I was thinking it used a 128 Mbit chip to use 80 Mbit for the game data, etc... with some extra room for DLC and whatnot.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Hey, I've got my "maracas" today, with the metal plate loose inside the cart. In fact, my order included two games, and both came loose. Used some glue and the game works fine. The Grand Stick III is a luxury item, I love it. I've already completed an arcade playthrough, and I find Paprium really ebjoyable, even with some rough edges. It feels great! This on an spare MD2 my brother brought me. It doesn't run on the Mega SG, as expected. Let's hope a firmware update can fix that sooner than later. Anyway, I'm happy that this story has reached an end, but man, we didn't need all this drama...

Wildside Expert

i wanted to open the cart but then i saw the weird screws... how the hell do i open those?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

i wanted to open the cart but then i saw the weird screws... how the hell do i open those?
    Yo need these screwdrivers:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey guys,

I can confirm that Paprium exists in Portuguese soil...
    Attachment 15748

It took almost one week but it has safely arrived at my hometown on the other side of the Tagus river.
    Now its time to destribute these to friends who already forgot that pre-ordered this!

GLS this time even called me before arriving at my door, I guess those complaints that I made back in 2012 made some results!

Now... I'm going to play SOR2.
    Last edited by IvoSlash; 12-22-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    SEGA, mais forte que tu!

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Either get a Gamebit screwdriver like the ones mentioned above, or there's an old trick to make one yourself. If you have a BIC pen lying around somewhere, one of those very simple ones made of a transparent plastic tube with a writing tip plugged in at the top. Take out the tip so you only have the plastic tube left. Heat it up under a flame so that the plastic becomes soft. Then push the open end of the tube down into one of the catridge's screw holes, so that the plastic molds itself around the screw head. Let the plastic cool down and harden, et voila, you now have a Gamebit-compatible screwdriver!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Either get a Gamebit screwdriver like the ones mentioned above, or there's an old trick to make one yourself. If you have a BIC pen lying around somewhere, one of those very simple ones made of a transparent plastic tube with a writing tip plugged in at the top. Take out the tip so you only have the plastic tube left. Heat it up under a flame so that the plastic becomes soft. Then push the open end of the tube down into one of the catridge's screw holes, so that the plastic molds itself around the screw head. Let the plastic cool down and harden, et voila, you now have a Gamebit-compatible screwdriver!
    Lol i just wasted to pens (and used it on a game i dont care for :P), that trick didnt work (not proper BIC pens i guess haha) :P

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Beginning to think the age of your PSU is a factor here. This cart must be drawing one hell of a lot of current.
    My power adapter is the problem here?

I got mine today too (and I'm in France so other countries aren't that far behind)!
    Got to take some pics for the collection before I play it. Luckily once it's out of its pill packaging, I'll still have my April's Fool Paprium case to put the cartridge in.
    I know the timing with Covid is unfortunate, but getting Tanglewood for Xmas '18, then XenoCrisis for Xmas '19 and finally Paprium for Xmas '20 doesn't feel so bad in the end ('17 would have been better I know...).
    Here's to more great releases for Xmas each year!

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Lol i just wasted to pens (and used it on a game i dont care for :P), that trick didnt work (not proper BIC pens i guess haha) :P
    It's a bit of an art, to be sure. I've done it once with success, but another time it completely failed.

I own a pair of Gamebit screwdrivers and under normal circumstances I would say I'd hop by to help fix the problems since you live so near. But with the current lockdown rules I'd rather not. I've also been self-isolating for the past week, so I can visit my parents for Christmas in a few days without bringing any unnecessary risks with me.

My power adapter is the problem here?
    That *is* one of the possible causes of freezes mentioned by the Paprium manual, but I'm not sure how plausible it really is. I am using my model 1's original power adapter and it works fine. If you're using a third-party generic power adapter, then yeah it might be a cause of stability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoSlash View Post
    Hey guys,

I can confirm that Paprium exists in Portuguese soil...
    Attachment 15748

It took almost one week but it has safely arrived at my hometown on the other side of the Tagus river.
    Now its time to destribute these to friends who already forgot that pre-ordered this!

GLS this time even called me before arriving at my door, I guess those complaints that I made back in 2012 made some results!

Now... I'm going to play SOR2.
    At the time i did not have a ton of money but i kinda wish i got at least one more grand stick but i still could now anyway.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    It's a bit of an art, to be sure. I've done it once with success, but another time it completely failed.

I own a pair of Gamebit screwdrivers and under normal circumstances I would say I'd hop by to help fix the problems since you live so near. But with the current lockdown rules I'd rather not. I've also been self-isolating for the past week, so I can visit my parents for Christmas in a few days without bringing any unnecessary risks with me.

That *is* one of the possible causes of freezes mentioned by the Paprium manual, but I'm not sure how plausible it really is. I am using my model 1's original power adapter and it works fine. If you're using a third-party generic power adapter, then yeah it might be a cause of stability issues.
    Nope, I use an official adaptor.
    And yes, ive the same problem, i want to go to visit my mum for the holiday :P

No luck yet, the game just keeps freezing everywhere. im gonna try to clean my contact pins but I need to find alcohol

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Wait a second. If that's a 64Mbit chip, where are the other 16 for 80 MEG POWER?

I was thinking it used a 128 Mbit chip to use 80 Mbit for the game data, etc... with some extra room for DLC and whatnot.
    Wasn't it 64Mbit with 16Mbit (2MB) of chip RAM?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Spoilers

Thread Information