Quantcast

Page 716 of 951 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766816 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoandr View Post
    That's disrespectful. For some people it's several hundreds of dollars. Send paypal if for you hundos is pocket money.
    If someone puts hundreds of dollars on the crowfunded development of a 30 year old console game it surely is not money that was essential to living in decent conditions in the first place (for that person). So it's pocket money for all I know. My life wouldn't be any better or worse if I got my 59 dollars back.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    If someone puts hundreds of dollars on the crowfunded development of a 30 year old console game it surely is not money that was essential to living in decent conditions in the first place (for that person). So it's pocket money for all I know. My life wouldn't be any better or worse if I got my 59 dollars back.
    What are you, poor ? Stop being poor !

Road Rasher

And to add to my post, some peeps might be legit struggling, either because their region is in trouble (economics, conflicts), or because of life events (natural disaster, divorce, funeral, medical condition). But they have the right of having a hobby or a passion.
    I am certain that some put on the cash because they are passionate about the console, the genre, the studio, the scene or any combination. I am certain some put money they might have saved, maybe little by little over the years, in the project (and side accessories also), to support the scene, show their passion.

Denying them of having a passion is a huge disrespect.

Denying them of complaining about STOLEN MONEY is a huge FUCK YOU to them.

Denying them of requesting proof of even mere progress is a huge FUCK YOU AGAIN to them.

They aren't at fault, yet all they get is dude get over it lol.

I still think goldenboy should post some video evidence even if it breaks NDA. Words on a forum mean jack shit.

Road Rasher

Gameplay was supposed to be revealed at the launch party 2 years ago!!! And now Fonzie wants it to be secret again??? Just sayin showing off actual cart amd gameplay would be the least to show investors

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

We have to be realistic, if the game isn't in a good place, giving any information at in this forum will sink them. We have too many people with knowledge of the hardware and it's limitations that would call shenanigans on anything that sounds even remotely questionable.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Claiming that someone own's a cart containing a complete version of the game and that it's running on real hardware also helps if you intend to run another pre-order campaign (nothing would really surprise me at this point).
    And, rest assured, some money would still flow.
    That's an interesting point. The way the "PR" has been handled for this project means that if they do intend to run another pre-order campaign it'll go poorly. There's so much bad publicity out there that most people would hold back on parting with their money.

I've no idea what Fonzie's thought process has been regarding his approach to marketing but he's shot himself in the foot and created a bigger hole to get out of. It makes little sense to me but that's what happens when egos rule.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    This is an odd statement. I thought it would be obvious if a Genesis game has a 300 MHz DSP in the cart, because it should be doing stuff that simply isn't possible on the base hardware. If it's not apparent by looking at the game then I wonder what was the point of even including it. Considering you're an experienced game designer who's worked on this hardware for years I figured you'd be able to tell at a glance.
    That is a great point. According to what Luis is saying, it sounds to me like he's the most involved guy in the Paprium development team after Fonzie. If someone as experienced with the Mega Drive and so deeply involved with the development of Paprium can't even tell if the game is running with a chip or not, then this makes the fact that Fonzie spent so much time and money on this chip even sadder.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Yeah, fixed.. by removing the entire chip!
    One can only hope. I don't want emulators to have to add dirty hacks just to support this game, if it ever comes out.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

But that's the entire point why Fonzie uses chips. As a copy protection measure to make it harder for emulators.

ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar

Never releasing the game is the best anti-piracy measure.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    But that's the entire point why Fonzie uses chips. As a copy protection measure to make it harder for emulators.
    Looking forward to the day-1 cracking of the game. If people care enough, that is.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    That is a great point. According to what Luis is saying, it sounds to me like he's the most involved guy in the Paprium development team after Fonzie. If someone as experienced with the Mega Drive and so deeply involved with the development of Paprium can't even tell if the game is running with a chip or not, then this makes the fact that Fonzie spent so much time and money on this chip even sadder.

One can only hope. I don't want emulators to have to add dirty hacks just to support this game, if it ever comes out.
    Previously, Watermelon's Pier Solar wasn't supported by emulators and it didn't use a chip. It first became playable by dirty hacks a long time after its release.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    But all of the chiptines make use of the dvd audio quality channels. Without it they will need to all be redone with fewer channels and perhaps zero samples.
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Previously, Watermelon's Pier Solar wasn't supported by emulators and it didn't use a chip. It first became playable by dirty hacks a long time after its release.
    Pier Solar used a mapper chip that also acted as some kind of copy protection. It was also potted to hell and back. IIRC it was figured out decently fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoandr View Post
    Pier Solar used a mapper chip that also acted as some kind of copy protection. It was also potted to hell and back. IIRC it was figured out decently fast.
    What people were saying on here at the time is that emulator authors intentionally kept the game unsupported and that the only way it became playable was by people hacking the emulators.

Thread Information