Quantcast

Page 722 of 951 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772822 ... LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    It was about a year ago that we were told '50 factories' were on the case with Paprium. Well they must be the most inefficient factories in the world if its taken them a whole year to produce one cart and send it to Luis.
    Hahahahahahahaha
    Oh, yes, the fifty factories joke by Fonzie was really pushing the envelope.

Well, Luis told us (August 4, 2020):
    "all I can say without divulging anything more then Im permitted to or causing issues to the current logistics in progress is that the game is indeed working amazingly, it's fully playable down to the music, it's fun and isn't afraid to show off a few nice visual effects. The naysayers and non believers will finally have piece of mind once see it for themselves."

Let's pinpoint this date and see how the "current logistics in progress" goes.
    Hopefully the logistics will be faster than the 50 factories were. *Fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Assuming Paprium ever does surface as a complete game, it will be in a few years time. And at that point Luis will come back on here to say "see, I told you it was real". And he will expect us to believe that he possessed a copy of Paprium the whole time and he wasn't just handed a copy a few days before launch and had spent 2019/2020 dispensing bullshit on this forum.
    Yeah, he referred to naysayers as those who basically believe it's vaporware and/or don't believe his claims.
    I'd think the major concern would be people who can't get their games nor their money back and are angry because of that, but what the heck do I know.

Master of Shinobi

Angry for years and years over a 60$ fake pre-order? Maybe the problem is elsewhere (the game not being released despite the promising screenshots and general hype), which is understandable. But the major concern is still getting the game out if it is really finished, which is something many posters were 100% denying some pages ago. If it is far from finished and the project is dead then yes, the major concern would be refunds, etc.

I know some people did put way more than that, but my guess is most of the buyers -not represented by forum members- just did purchase the cart.

The "current logistics in progress" is not necesarily the PCB, chips and cart being made: it's probably just Fonzie still struggling to make a deal with one of those famed 50 factories as not a single one will do the work for the amount of cash that is left... just a guess. Anyway every phrasing and statement can be interpreted in any direction, to claim he is part of the scam or the exact opposite...
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Even if Fonzie is simply not being able to produce the carts, shouldn't he at least post video proof the game exists and works to make up for that lame party demo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Well, Luis told us (August 4, 2020):
    "all I can say without divulging anything more then Im permitted to or causing issues to the current logistics in progress is that the game is indeed working amazingly, it's fully playable down to the music, it's fun and isn't afraid to show off a few nice visual effects. The naysayers and non believers will finally have piece of mind once see it for themselves."
    I wonder how Fonzie's logic works. How does divulging something cause issues with producing cartridges in China? Why is or isn't Fonzie permitted from doing something?? (sarcasm)Is he also tied to an NDA to the factories he contracted?(/sarcasm)
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

He probably can't produce the carts because he doesn't have the money for it, because PayPal retained it for taking pre-orders for something that didn't exist... It's his own making

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher tokay's Avatar

In WM's NDA it is written that:

Confidential Information shall not include information that:
    → Is publicly available (other than as a result of a breach of this Agreement)
    → Is known by me prior to my employment or volunteer work with Watermelon Corporation
    So, again, as the party legitimately spoiled a lot of materials (full manuals and videos), there is no problem to record the intro + exit from the condo to show that the game actually works.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Angry for years and years over a 60$ fake pre-order?
    Wasn't the whole project designed to milk people for a lot more than $60?

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Wasn't the whole project designed to milk people for a lot more than $60?
    IDK but that's what I paid for a (shipping included, I guess) CIB cartridge on the pre-order campaign that was started with that also awesome and terrible trailer. Other people buying exclusive editions or arcade sticks must have paid quite a bit more I suppose. But I guess most buyers did choose just the cart (outside of collectors and active forum members, which are probably the minority of the purchases for such a high profile homebrew). It was going to be cheaper than Tanglewood and many other lower profile homebrews. Alas.
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    He probably can't produce the carts because he doesn't have the money for it, because PayPal retained it for taking pre-orders for something that didn't exist... It's his own making
    That actually makes a lot of sense. Do other pre-order campaings also use paypal (well, the problem was with Paypal China IIRC so maybe that country isn't comfortable with that kind of model?). What is different in those cases when taking the pre-orders? I'm asking out of ingenuity.
    Also yes Fonzie should have shown/stated something from time to time, long ago, that is very obvious to everyone (and what was promised back then, at least to the "investors"), that's why we stopped repeating it in this forum. His last direct statement is from 2018 or 2019 IIRC, but it feels it was like 8 years ago by now.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Plot twist: Luis is Fonzie.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    You are totally lost: Barone is Fonzie and is trying to cool down the hype because if not, it won't meet expectations. Also, I have proof of this. I will make it public SOON

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

IDK but that's what I paid for a (shipping included, I guess) CIB cartridge on the pre-order campaign that was started with that also awesome and terrible trailer. Other people buying exclusive editions or arcade sticks must have paid quite a bit more I suppose.
    I think he's talking about the "gems" system, where you had to pay to buy gems, to vote for features in the game development. It was very scandalous.

OK, admittedly I'd need to look back at this thread *stares at page count* but uh, did Luis ever state that he got to keep the cartridge? I was under the impression that Fonzie took back the cartridge after the fact, but that could just be me speculating from what was said so far.

Banned by Administrators

"50 factories" probably refers to 50 Uyghur prison laborers hand soldering the Datameisters and hand carving the clamshells from blocks of plastic. These things take time.

ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar

I'm morbidly curious about what happens when you feed this thread into some neural network that spits out novels.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

His last direct statement is from 2018 or 2019 IIRC, but it feels it was like 8 years ago by now.
    If memory serves, he has gone radio silent since the party (October 2018). I believe the messages we've seen from him since were not public statements, but people sharing stuff he said to them.
    Edit: or maybe that's his last direct communication (I guess it was a mail to the buyers).

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    OK, admittedly I'd need to look back at this thread *stares at page count* but uh, did Luis ever state that he got to keep the cartridge? I was under the impression that Fonzie took back the cartridge after the fact, but that could just be me speculating from what was said so far.
    It sounds like he still has it:
    Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Jeez. If you dont believe me when i say I have a fully working game on my hands on a cart running on a Sega Genesis , thats not my problem.
    Last edited by Stifu; 08-08-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Luis could at least share why he did make the statements he did. It's been more than a month now, he should say if Fonzie led him to believe something would happen (and maybe even what).
    Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    If Luis wasn't someone known beforehand I'd think that, too. Any chance Fonzie hacked Luis's account?
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Thread Information