Quantcast

Page 851 of 951 FirstFirst ... 351751801841847848849850851852853854855861901 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    Try to check if you can face the final boss in Solarium when all areas are throned or when they are not. Additionally a very hard or paprium level of difficulty is probably required to get a good ending after defeating the final boss.
    When you Throne a character can you not use them any more? I got the the throne for the Sewer boss and I guess I have to go back and get the police chief boss again. I bet that guy at the Sky spy and it says OH NOOOOOO and then sends you back to the title screen with no save. I am finding secrets and have both new characters just trying to figure out the order of the Kiosks to use or when to use them.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

avlon: I've tested that, and results are the same, stuck at the mini-game.

Lichtkegel: Yes, there's a little speaker inside the thing. It makes some noises while playing Paprium but it's not too loud. If TV's volume is high you almost can't hear it, and there are no volume options. Playing with other games it does nothing.

Barone: You've already mentioned twice in a few hours the "unparalled compatibility" bit... I may be wrong, but to my knowledge there's only one (1) game not compatible at this moment, and it just happens to be a really special cart that has been released a few days ago. Everything else is in fact compatible and runs flawlessly. You can put there any cart, USA/JAP/EUR/Unlicensed/whatever, and it works. If you have a jailbroken console like mine you can run any ROM (except Virtua Racing, for obvious reasons) from the SD card. No adapters, no Framemeisters, no bullcrap or hiccups of any kind. So they really deliver on their promise of unparalled compatibility, whether you acknowledge it or not. I'm 99% positive that Paprium will be compatible too.

About Analogue, I think most people don't get that they're not Sony or Nintendo. They don't produce large numbers because 1) They can't, they're a really small business, and 2) It's a niche business that will never sell millions of consoles. An item like the NT Mini is really hard to make because it has a lot of analogue inputs that need to be made one by one by very specialized employees, there's not a big machine where you push a button and a 1,000 Mini Nt's are ready to sell. My hope is in the future they will release a more affordable and easy to manufacture NES, because really, I don't care about analogue cables anymore, I just need HDMI. About their business model, they do what they can with the means they have. Right now the Super Nt is out of stock, but it is in production and will be restocked soon from what I've been told (I asked, I want one). The Mega Sg is available, I bought mine in august. New models like the portable one will be on sale again when they make more, it's not a "one batch only" endeavor, and the PC Engine one hasn't even gone on sale yet, so if you want one, just pay attention and click that "Buy" button when the time comes. If you want one of their consoles you can get them, if not now, sometime in the future, because they restock them (not the Nt Mini, the Noir was the last batch because of the aforementioned reasons). Problem is, like it happens with almost anything in our very little retro world, fucking scalpers, and people who instead of just buying it when it's available, or waiting for a new batch, run to eBay and pay thrice the original price thinking they're buying the holy grail, a once in a lifetime item. It is not. That creates an artificial alarm that some people just repeat without any fact-checking on their side. Also, most people shit-talking Analogue are curiosly people who don't own anything by them nor had even tried to, or it's just simply that they're not interested in FPGA tech because they enjoy their bulky CRT's, which is respectable. I wish I had the space for that, but it's not my case. Also, I'm not a collector, I don't really care about owning every single piece of Mega Drive history. I just need to own the games that really mean something for me for whatever reasons, and even with that in mind, I'll never own M.U.S.H.A. because I'll never pay that much money for a game Maybe if they did some reprint like the Toaplan ones recently I'll get one. It's already been said: just let people enjoy their gaming time, it doesn't matter if they play with the first ever released Mega Drive or with the fanciest clone. If it works for you, then it's fine. I really enjoy the Mega Sg. I made a great effort to get one, and I haven't regreted it for a single second.

And I repeat: Paprium doesn't even work with some official (and were not talking very obscure models here) Mega Drive models. That's some lazy testing on Fonzie's side. He should look at some of his homebrew colleagues and learn from them about love for it's own game and respect for his customers. It's his job to make sure his game reaches the most people possible, and that includes all Mega Drive models. Whether you like it or not that includes the Mega Sg, which is the best Mega Drive available (not second hand) today.

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    Is the final boss the dude at the top of the tower who is basically a huge blue monster because he's addicted to the Blu drug?

If so, yes
    How do you get there? I don't have the pass I guess?

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Yeap I don't doubt it as others have stated this as well. There are also others that have a va6 and above that haven't gotten it to work unless they had it attached to a SegaCD. All I know is that mine locks on the copyright screen after the TMSS screen and doesn't get past it. Attached to the SegaCD or with my 32x attached and it gets past it and plays normal. That is why we are trying to track this stuff. With the recent discussion about the cap off the expansion port tied to b21, I'm going to take a look tonight to see. But I'm pretty sure my other models do NOT have this cap in place on them.
    If I ever do get my copy in, I will desolder the capacitor and see if it makes any difference. If the game doesn't boot up
    without the capacitor, we might be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    How do you get there? I don't have the pass I guess?
    I just throned all 3 regions. I assume this is how you get there?
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    I'm in the tri-state and haven't received mine either. With all of the spoilers out and the head start that many have, I might pass on reviewing it.
    Don't be worried about other reviews that might come out first. Your opinions and thoughts will very likely be unique enough. The Internet is in too much of a hurry.

I don't just watch one review for something I'm interested in. For something like this I'll watch all I can find when I'm ready.

I've actually stopped looking at Paprium stuff until after I've had a chance to play it myself. I'm in Canada and I haven't received mine yet.

But once I've played the heck out of Paprium I'll be eager to check out everyone's opinions and reviews.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

When you Throne a character can you not use them any more?
    I am not sure if throning/dethroning has an impact on getting to the final boss.

I got the the throne for the Sewer boss and I guess I have to go back and get the police chief boss again. I bet that guy at the Sky spy and it says OH NOOOOOO and then sends you back to the title screen with no save.
    A G.O.S boss gives you a KTV member-card.

I am finding secrets and have both new characters just trying to figure out the order of the Kiosks to use or when to use them.
    Ba Ba teaches you how to use an NX terminal if you let him join you. Kiosks give you only food and extra points which can be used at NX terminal.
    Last edited by molasar; 12-28-2020 at 01:24 PM.

OK so when you throne someone, you have to use another character to get the other throne?

So far I beat the Police Chief who is easy to find and beat. Then I got to the Electric girl with no arms and asked her to join me, then I got that Pink Ninja dude and did the same. Then I figured out to use that KIOSK at the mall which took me to the SKY SPA which takes you through a nightclub and then to a huge guy in a white coat who I beat three times but kept saying "OH NO""" and takes me back to the title screen with no save or progression at all. Then I got to the Sewer Boss and beat him and Throned a Character so that is where I am at. I guess I have to go back and complete where I found that Ninja dude. There is a lot to this game. I really like it makes my Genesis feel modern and relevant again. I love that my Sega CD Model 1 is getting used as well. I can't wait for a sequel and pray it uses the 32X and Sega CD again. That would rule.

I believe only the KTV member-card is required to get there but if not all thrones are taken, the final boss is not showing up.

The Bishop seems to be like a mutated gorilla which absorbed a human being.

I believe only the KTV member-card is required to get there but if not all thrones are taken, the final boss is not showing up.

The Bishop seems to be like a mutated gorilla which absorbed a human being.
    Where do I get that card? Also when I started the game yesterday it started me tied up in a sewer which i thought was interesting.

Where do I get that card? Also when I started the game yesterday it started me tied up in a sewer which i thought was interesting.
    I guess you started in Deep Storage level. Take a look at a map and follow arrows to get to G.O.S. and beat a boss there.

Quote Originally Posted by otobo View Post
    Sure, here's some pictures, so there are 3 buttons on top, and the Start button on the side of your choice. There's an Atari female connector to the back, and a cable. All arcade parts are Sanwa. There's room to add weight if you like, but the weight of the stick and the rubber pads alone give it a good grip.

Monster Joystick are the people I bought joystick interfaces from to make my own joystick.

They work very well. I'm glad I found them because I didn't find any other options out there.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

I guess you started in Deep Storage level. Take a look at a map and follow arrows to get to G.O.S. and beat a boss there.
    Said map is included in the game's manual and on the back of the poster, but I also scanned it in for easy access here: https://imgur.com/gd2R1qk

The black lines are the paths between levels. You can tell from the arrows where the branching paths will take you. The colored diamonds indicate which starting level you return to when you go Game Over.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Default Paprium delivery issues thread

Thread for those awaiting delivery. I'll post regarding mine whenever I receive an update.

Delivery target: UK
    Last update: 18/12/2020

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

I've created a new thread for those awaiting delivery so we can avoid all these spoilers...

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...-issues-thread

Thread Information