Quantcast

Page 867 of 951 FirstFirst ... 367767817857863864865866867868869870871877917 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

Is there an undo button??

I see the logic in merging the threads about posting and cart issues as that was being simultaneously discussed in this thread, but it's definitely worth having a separate, focussed thread on which systems the game works on and which it doesn't. That'll be a useful resource for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I am sure I will get some flack for this, but for the sake of not cluttering up this subforum, I merged all threads regarding Paprium into one thread.
    I agree that Paprium doesn't need to be taking up the entire front page, but merging all the threads into one was overzealous. Probably best to have a general discussion thread, and an "Issues" thread for things like order status and system compatibility.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker rideordie71's Avatar

Is the megawire feature no longer a thing in the final (shipped) carts?
    It was mentioned as having megawire some years ago (in the early manual, party in paris?).

I haven't seen in this thread about it recently but I also didn't thoroughly search. Curious because I bought a couple pre-orders for April 2021 ship.

Excellent episode, thanks for the notification Pyron and thanks for the episode Joe. "Plasic Game Room", I lol'd there and at other times.

Damn, there's some heavy dithering in some places.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rideordie71 View Post
    Is the megawire feature no longer a thing in the final (shipped) carts?
    It was mentioned as having megawire some years ago (in the early manual, party in paris?).

I haven't seen in this thread about it recently but I also didn't thoroughly search. Curious because I bought a couple pre-orders for April 2021 ship.
    It seems it's still a thing: it's mentioned in the manual, and the cart sports a 2.5 jack connection. Also the game checks for modem connection. Anyway, MegaWire is to be sold separately at a later date, no news of it at this moment.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otobo View Post
    Excellent episode, thanks for the notification Pyron and thanks for the episode Joe. "Plasic Game Room", I lol'd there and at other times.

Damn, there's some heavy dithering in some places.
    Dithering is there as it should be. It was fundamental for giving the illusion of more colors back in the day. Atleast in Japan and North America were RF/Composite were the standard.
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Some stuff about Paprium is so terrible. When you get the second mission for the Police Headquarters (Cleaning out the Skyspa of "scums") you get to the boss, and he literally has the worst boss AI I've ever seen. He does a kick, over and over, and when he gets to the corner of the screen, he turns, and does it the other way. Then there are chains everywhere, and this stupid, garbage game doesn't have a way for this enemy to break out of hit stun on weapons, so you essentially can put the boss in an infinite, which isn't really an infinite, it's simply inescapable because he has no moves that start-up faster than the chain, and has no way to move quickly without falling. It's the most anti-climactic boss, as I went through an entire game to get to that mission, only to get this absolutely terrible boss. What a waste. There are some seriously good things about this game, but then there is so much just absolute garbage design.

I like this game, but man, some of this is just so freaking outlandishly bad. It's got a lot of content, and some of it is pure garbage.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    Dithering is there as it should be. It was fundamental for giving the illusion of more colors back in the day. Atleast in Japan and North America were RF/Composite were the standard.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    That moment reading Fonzie's manifesto 🤣

Great review! Joe is always reliable and informative, but it's also great fun.

DANZIG!
    Last edited by nihilblack; 01-03-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadispalembang View Post
    http://www.hardwarebook.info/Mega_Drive_Expansion

This might potentially be of interest for anyone trying to get the game to work without
    a Sega CD. It mentions on the expansion port's B23 pin connecting directly to the
    B21 pin of the cartridge port itself.

This is a photo of my VA3 Model 1's expansion port, serial 39X15763.
    It appears to have a ceramic disc capacitor grounding pin B23, that
    same pin which goes to the cartridge's B21 pin.

EDIT: That is a 101 ceramic capacitor, which is rated 100pF. Don't know of
    the voltage, but 50v is typical.

What would that do? The game works without a Sega CD Just fine unless you want a CPU controlled 2nd player. What would that Capacitor do?

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    What would that do? The game works without a Sega CD Just fine unless you want a CPU controlled 2nd player. What would that Capacitor do?

The game doesn't work with certain revisions of the console, and some people are reporting of consoles that don't
    run the game at all unless there is a Sega CD present. Since that pin with the decoupling capacitor connects the
    Sega CD directly to a pin on the cartridge slot, I figured it might be worth experimenting with.

This was discussed in a separate thread which has since been merged with this one, so I expect confusion.

EDIT: Not every console revision appears to have a 100pF capacitor present on that expansion port pin.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert zborgerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Beating the game on Hard should unlock the sound test (Boom Box) feature in the Options menu, though a number of tracks are still locked. It showed up for me after defeating the final(?) boss in any case.

I've started a new save on Very Hard mode, under the assumption that completing all the extra missions on the three main paths will/might trigger the "true" ending. I'm not sure if that is actually how it works, but I'm determined to find out.

No idea how to unlock the Arena mode yet. It hasn't shown up for me so far.

Also on my new Very Hard save, the Sexy Sax Man has appeared several times now. He never appeared for me before in Hard mode. So either it's determined by the difficulty setting, or he only shows up on your second save.
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    I wonder if there are more shortcuts like that in other levels. That would make repeating the same path three times to do the missions less of a grind.

By the way, I've finished the original mode a few times on hard, and no Boom Box for me. I think it's probably tied to your score, as someone mentioned here (It's in the book included with the Investor's Edition? Someone should scan it!).
    I got "A" score on almost every stage on hard. I need to check if boombox was unlocked though I don't recall seeing it. I might have mucked up my save by not paying close attention to how the copy and delete functions work and had to copy my save back to slot 0 after accidentally deleting it. I think that all that matters though is that a save slot has some unlockables.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert zborgerd's Avatar

Thanks to Joe, I'll forever hear "DANZIG!" where I previously heard nonsense.

BTW: Joe mentioned something about there not being selectable paths in arcade mode but I have them at least after unlocking them in original mode. Loved the Classic Game Room bit at the end.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    BTW: Joe mentioned something about there not being selectable paths in arcade mode but I have them at least after unlocking them in original mode.
    He probably did not mean a predestined path i.e. not selectable at junction points within levels.

Thread Information