Quantcast

Page 707 of 951 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717757807 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Well, which we all should have been to begin with. I think early successes like the Super Fighter Team games got people too comfortable with handing money over early.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

On the Genesis front that’s true, but crowdfunding for NES homebrew has been generally successful and reliable with only a few games demonstrating immense delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    Yeah SLaVE is a similar disaster that gets way less attention. When was the last update? Two years ago?
    You know what else is a total disaster? Elysian Shadows. When I got my money back last year after numerous attempts I was called a narcissist and an asshole. Girgis needed the money for meds and I dared to tell him to refund me.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

When you think about it, it does seem ridiculous that we would part with cash so readily for something that didn't exist at the time. I did so based on the success of pier solar - Paprium didn't seem like a scam, but a product from a genuine company with a track record (albeit limited). Now, based on Paprium, if Watermelon were to ever function as a legitimate business again, it will never have another pre-order from me. Unfortunately that same philosophy has been carried across to all crowdfund projects - once you've been burned you're wary of being burned again!

The same people behind SLaVE are also behind the Dreamcast vaporware Hypertension. It's had a couple names: https://tdgmods.blogspot.com/

Well, which we all should have been to begin with. I think early successes like the Super Fighter Team games got people too comfortable with handing money over early.
    This is why with Arkagis Revolution I refused to go with crowdfunding at all costs, I already don't like taking debt, let alone one where I can't really promise I'll make it to whatever arbitrary deadline gets imposed (I'm horribly inconsistent with everything), even if that cost me visibility since crowdfunding seems the modus operandi for selling most homebrew these days. Heck, I'd have avoided preorders and go directly with orders if I could afford it… and annoyingly, that still got delayed because of the pandemic (though it looks like preorders kept trickling in at the same rate during that extended period so maybe it wasn't so bad after all).

Reminds me, I need to get my shit together on a download-only release >_>
    Last edited by Sik; 08-03-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

Yeah SLaVE is a similar disaster that gets way less attention. When was the last update? Two years ago?
    my last email in that folder is from 9/10/2019.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spendle View Post
    When you think about it, it does seem ridiculous that we would part with cash so readily for something that didn't exist at the time. I did so based on the success of pier solar - Paprium didn't seem like a scam, but a product from a genuine company with a track record (albeit limited). Now, based on Paprium, if Watermelon were to ever function as a legitimate business again, it will never have another pre-order from me. Unfortunately that same philosophy has been carried across to all crowdfund projects - once you've been burned you're wary of being burned again!
    Fonzie and Watermelon are both forever tainted by this disaster, I will never ever buy anything by Watermelon ever again. nor will I ever do business again with a company that has Fonzie on the payroll.
    even if he's only working at a company as a janitor I will refuse to do business with that company, based on how we saw him grab power within Watermelon and how he drove everybody off after becoming the boss.

This man can not be trusted, he will always try to weasel himself into a top position because he feels that only he knows whats best.

What's best now Fonzie? the game will never see the light of day and you only have one person left who still believes in your bullshit enough to occasionally come here to lie to us.

Refund us and disappear into the French foreign Legion or something.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    Yes, it is. I find surprising to upload a new peak file as it has no use... Except making talkers talk!
    After all that went, and all this time, I was actually shocked anyone is monitoring those things.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Yes please. I haven't bothered with physical media in years, but I really want to buy your game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One jymannob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    After all that went, and all this time, I was actually shocked anyone is monitoring those things.
    There are tools to monitor a change on a web page.
    Distill for example.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I'll gladly pay for a digital release on itch.io or similar.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    Tbh shills like Luis deserve as low credibility as Fonzie
    Thank you, very kind of you.

Ok let's get this straight. I also have shared in the past my disappointment with the countless delays and lack of updates from WM, I also totally understand those who are or have been angry. But at one point I decided that staying angry was not helping the cause of the game to see the light of day or getting me anywhere. So I decided that that in the end it is in my best interest and for the community that I swallow my pride and do everything I can to help this get out. That was the choice I made with much reflection. So, if I am asked to help, get the opportunity work on it, improve it, finish it for the reasons I said before and bellow, I will. It's a very personal choice that I dont take lightly. It doesnt change my views or how I felt or feel about the situation that I might have shared with my colleges, friend developers and they know that. The man himself knows it. I'm taking the time to say this because I have been asked to help and I care for those who supported this project, the game I helped creating and dont want to see 5-6 years of hard work go to waste. So, unfortunately or fortunately depending on you talk to, without the resources of WM and the community the game could never have been be made, that's just the reality of it.

That said, all I can say without divulging anything more then Im permitted to or causing issues to the current logistics in progress is that the game is indeed working amazingly, it's fully playable down to the music, it's fun and isn't afraid to show off a few nice visual effects. The naysayers and non believers will finally have piece of mind once see it for themselves. If for any reason China would be nuked or Ninjas would come over and try and take it from me, I'll be waiting with my black belt and few booby traps planted here and there. But jokes aside, all I'm saying is there is still hope people, and if for any reason that would fail. I have a plan B and still prove that I have been honest with everything I have ever said.
    Last edited by XGoldenboyX; 08-04-2020 at 02:02 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Thank you, very kind of you.

Ok let's get this straight. I also have shared in the past my disappointment with the countless delays and lack of updates from WM, I also totally understand those who are or have been angry. But at one point I decided that staying angry was not helping the cause of the game to see the light of day or getting me anywhere. So I decided that that in the end it is in my best interest and for the community that I swallow my pride and do everything I can to help this get out. That was the choice I made with much reflection. So, if I am asked to help, get the opportunity work on it, improve it, finish it for the reasons I said before and bellow. I will, its a very personal choice and it doesnt change my views or how I felt or feel about the situation that I might have shared with my colleges, friend developers and they know that. The man himself knows it. I'm taking the time to say this because I have been asked to help and I care for those who supported this project, the game I helped creating and dont want to see 5-6 years of hard work go to waste. So, unfortunately or fortunately depending on you talk to, without the resources of WM and the community the game could never have been be made, that's just the reality of it.

That said, all I can say without divulging anything more then Im permitted to or causing issues to the current logistics in progress is that the game is indeed working amazingly, it's fully playable down to the music, it's fun and isn't afraid to show off a few nice visual effects. The naysayers and non believers will finally have piece of mind once see it for themselves. If for any reason China would be nuked or Ninjas would come over and try and take it from me, I'll be waiting with my black belt and few booby traps planted here and there. But jokes aside, all I'm saying is there is still hope people, and if for any reason that would fail. I have a plan B and still prove that I have been honest with everything I have ever said.
    I have a simple question,

It's a good game ? with correct collision?

Do we expect anything at the level of a Final Fight 2 or 3?

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chev Chelios View Post
    I have a simple question,

It's a good game ? with correct collision?

Do we expect anything at the level of a Final Fight 2 or 3?

yup!

Thread Information