Quantcast

Page 940 of 968 FirstFirst ... 440840890930936937938939940941942943944950 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 14509

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Assuming he's telling the truth, how do you even get yourself into such a situation where the Chinese mafia would be after you? Forget about his games, I would pay good money for a camera crew to follow him throughout the development of one of his games and make it into a documentary movie. This guy's life needs to be put on film.
    All I can guess is that at some point in the process he needed to borrow money and he got a loan from some unsavory characters, maybe not the actual mafia but the kind of guys who don't take "soon" for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RvR View Post
    If I understand his story right he tried to use a random Chinese company called Paypal but it wasnt the real paypal and they held his money for a year with excuses before he started pressing them for the money and they sent him some intimidating messages to make him back off?

Someone should make a Paprium rom hack with a character sprite of one of the characters changed to Fonzie and the enemies changed to the Chinese mafia lol
    I believe what he meant was that rather than establishing offices in China, Paypal outsourced it to a different company who is legally allowed to use their name, but is mostly left up to their own devices.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

If I get a refund, I will use it to buy Ken's new book (since it would cover that with shipping).

Doesn't sound like it is coming any time soon.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    I believe what he meant was that rather than establishing offices in China, Paypal outsourced it to a different company who is legally allowed to use their name, but is mostly left up to their own devices.
    I guess that's possible but if it really was a mix-up on the part of PayPal, wouldn't the first thing to do be to contact PayPal HQ in the US or at least the international offices in Singapore? I've used PayPal internationally for a decade and have never heard of something like this happening, even in the worst case scenario they have to return the money in 180 days.

But maybe it did happen that way, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by JPEC83 View Post
    If I get a refund, I will use it to buy Ken's new book (since it would cover that with shipping).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post

Hey Melf were you the same person that helped Sasha Darko's Sacred Line? just saw your name mentioned somewhere

Yes indeed!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

super I thought the name was unusual have you been asked about any other projects on the pipeline?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

Can someone else make a game and run off with the funds for 10 years so we can talk about it?

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

I have been checking on these forums far more than I have spent time playing my copy, after receiving it.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    Can someone else make a game and run off with the funds for 10 years so we can talk about it?
    I was hoping someone would ask that. I've got this great idea for a platform game on the Mega Drive, it's going to be similar to High Seas Havoc except a lot faster. There will be lots of underwater levels because I know those are everybody's favorite. I cannot talk too much about technical specifics just yet but I plan to include a 128 GB SSD in the cart to make sure there's room for DLC.

I'm still years away from being able to move a pixel but get your pre-orders in today so you won't miss out on a limited edition copy.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

In all seriousness I want to make a game but I have no idea where to start. I certainly wouldn't make it too ambitious or ask people for money before it was finished. This fiasco makes the risk to reward ratio seem pretty poor.

Wow so this is it, Paprium's released, buyers have received and played it and people on this thread have run out of things to say!

Quote Originally Posted by otobo View Post
    Wow so this is it, Paprium's released, buyers have received and played it and people on this thread have run out of things to say!
    Did everyone receive their copy? I thought there was still people waiting on games and sticks.

Thread Information