Quantcast

Page 955 of 968 FirstFirst ... 455855905945951952953954955956957958959965 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,325 of 14509

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Less than 2000$ from funding.

Dude added the one thing I've been wanting from this from the beginning...an OST. I didn't need the vinyl, though.

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Priest View Post
    Less than 2000$ from funding.

Dude added the one thing I've been wanting from this from the beginning...an OST. I didn't need the vinyl, though.
    This is the exciting part for myself.
    I might be one of the composers but itís just as exciting for me to know itís actually happening.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

well watermelon last night reached it's funding Goal anything else is Gravy! anyone else pick up on these two things? or am I just slow the intake.

1st Paprium Brazilian edition hard case with art design to match the Legendary Tectoy.. $100 the cheapest of all the Editions... But wait did I read in the small print it ships out at that price if you're in Brazil but the countries outside Brazil there's an increase of $39?! to bring the price in line with the other editions ZERO saving

2nd I've just realised that all shipping and production doesn't take place until next December 22nd 2022 Damn it

3nd can't help but wonder if there's ever going to be any mention of updating existing cartridges? I mean the only way reasonably to update them is over to send the Cartridge back to Watermelon That's not going to Happen, or to bring out the mega wire 4 with full support? but I wonder what the cost of that is compared to just buying a new updated cartridge when / if the time comes.

on the positive side I hope some of this ends the ridiculous prices on eBay and I hope some of the people regret spending $$$$
    Last edited by Nano Babe; 10-28-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovemaster303 View Post
    This is the exciting part for myself.
    I might be one of the composers but itís just as exciting for me to know itís actually happening.
    thanks great job hopefully your talent will be used again in new games

Master of Shinobi

the most appealing to me is the OST and both strategy guides. I'm not going on board this time, given the production dates Nano Babe just posted, which let's suppose is the most optimistic of scenarios. Fonzie will rightfully prioritize sending pre-kickstarter purchases so that'll take time, maybe those buyers will at last have their game before Christmas, who knows. I'm actually glad the kickstarter is working as it means at least all of you who still haven't received the game, should. Hopefully WM will deliver on all those new promises, though they seem to be a lot for the time being. They are known for excellent if not excessive detail-oriented packaging and that is mostly what the new options are offering, maybe that's why it's working so well. Say what you want of the final game and mismanagement, everyone wants a WM made OST or book-like goodies...

As for updating existing owned carts, doing so via the 2.5" jack would be easy AF as long as it can be done via PC/android external software (and not hardware) as it was apparently planned (see Tulio's post). It would also be much cheaper and faster than sending back the carts, which given the present scenario, seems out of the question both from owners and WM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    The rom is 14.6 MB isn't it?
    Mine is 15.3 MB. Maybe mine has an extra level.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Mine is 15.3 MB. Maybe mine has an extra level.
    IIRC Zebbe stated (on Demon's of Asteborg thread) the game clocked in just under 15 MB and could have been a bit smaller had they implemented some more compression (on things like title screen etc.) so tThat's strange. Maybe they included a beached surfer dude as a hidden playable character on your copy.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

This whole Kickstarter thing is going to be curious to watch. I was one of the lucky "1 in 10" that got their original copy of Paprium. Although the cartridge didn't work on my original Model 1. Thankfully I had another that it did work on. Some weren't so lucky. And while I did have fun playing the actual game, after a while to reflect, I think the game still needs major work in the gameplay department (although the presentation IMO is probably the best in any 16-bit game ever). It just isn't on par with Streets of Rage 2, 3, or even 4 for that matter. I've had a lot more fun playing Streets of Rage 4 in the past year than I have with Paprium actually. Mainly because SOR4's gameplay is just way more tight, refined and thought out. There is also a lot more for you to do in terms of actual fighting (not to mention when you hit someone you FEEL it, Papriums hit detection and hit sounds are sadly pretty weak, so you end up feeling underwealmed as a result). Paprium's fighting system is more on the level of SOR1, which would be fine for a game with like, 6-8 stages. But when you drag it out with the dozens of levels and countless features of Paprium, it's way too thin for a game with this much content. The AI needs an overhaul as well sadly.

Frankly, I'm much more interested in seeing the gameplay issues addressed than all these rewards, a Game Gear port etc. I would pay for an update that improved gameplay, that's all the game needs IMO to make it truly great. If this game is just going to be ported to modern consoles as is with no improvements, I have zero interest. SOR4 eats Paprium for breakfast in the gameplay department which is why I am still playing it over a year later (despite it having far fewer levels and unlockable content compared to Paprium, that should tell you something).

I haven't read through the whole Kickstarter and since certain info is locked behind a paywall, I won't bother with it. Maybe Fonzie has talked about improving the gameplay? I don't know. But that is what he should be focused on. As well as delivering the promised cartridges to backers who have not received theirs yet. I got super lucky. Not only did I get my cartridge and have a model of Genesis that it worked on, my copy is now worth a small fortune. I could sell it on eBay and actually make a bit of money. Granted, I won't do that. But it's interesting that it's an option for me lol...

I am pleasantly surprised to see the Kickstarter doing so well and I REALLY hope that people get what they are being promised. Fonzie is a genius when it comes to building hype it seems and his presentation on these things is always sky high. So it's easy to see why so many people are throwing money at him for this. However, I will be sitting this one out. I have major doubts as to whether Fonzie can pull this all off and like I said before, I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten my copy of the game at all. Although if this game actually does make it to next gen consoles/PC, and gameplay improvements are made, I will absolutely buy a digital copy. Which reminds me... where is the Switch port? Seems insane not to have that front and center....

Wildside Expert

I am really interested in the Game Gear port, but after all the drama of the original Mega Drive release, not sure if I want to go through it all again. I was one of the lucky ones who received their copy and I really did enjoy the game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Which reminds me... where is the Switch port? Seems insane not to have that front and center....
    Switch port is the $400k stretch goal. Which the Kickstarter is currently less than $10k away from. Oddly that fact is not well promoted within the fundraising as you've noticed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

I know people have been wondering, but wasnít sure if there was an answer out there. Other than the box and cartridge, is there a difference between the Pier Solar 10Years edition and the previous Genesis/Mega Drive release? Are there any changes or updates made to the game itself?

Wildside Expert

The 10years edition of ps has a different cover and manual and includes the segacd disc and a post card signed by yours truly. The game is identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrobins09 View Post
    I know people have been wondering, but wasnít sure if there was an answer out there. Other than the box and cartridge, is there a difference between the Pier Solar 10Years edition and the previous Genesis/Mega Drive release? Are there any changes or updates made to the game itself?
    in a previous interview with Fonzie he was asked that same question. His reply was the code was MessY and if he was to attempt to fix any missing text or bugs it may create new ones in a costly production run. He went onto say that Paprium was his own code and was far easier to edit and change

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nano Babe View Post
    in a previous interview with Fonzie he was asked that same question. His reply was the code was MessY and if he was to attempt to fix any missing text or bugs it may create new ones in a costly production run. He went onto say that Paprium was his own code and was far easier to edit and change
    Pier Solar was predominantly his own code in the same way Paprium was . . . So I find that last point a little hard to believe.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Thread Information