Quantcast

Page 953 of 960 FirstFirst ... 453853903943949950951952953954955956957 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 14395

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

With all due respect, this same game getting a kickstarter to release on modern platforms does not warrant its own thread when there are already two other threads about this game on the front page. This will just get derailed with more complaints as others are already talking about this kickstarter in the Where is my copy of Paprium thread. Thread merged with the megathread.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled
    Demons is 117 MEGA POWER, please be precise when counting MEGA POWER, Mr. Redifer
    Nope. 15.3 MB = 122.4 MEGA POWER.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled
    this and assets probably being less compressed than Paprium's.
    No doubt, but it doesn't matter. Absolutely nobody is running around saying Star Control is bigger than Streets of Rage 2. All that matters is the final count when it comes down to marketing. 122 MEGS is more, much more than 80 MEGS. Paprium is not the biggest.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post

Your honor.. they send my client a THONG!
    I've come back to read this thread! I'm expecting a lot of entertainment!

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Nope. 15.3 MB = 122.4 MEGA POWER.

No doubt, but it doesn't matter. Absolutely nobody is running around saying Star Control is bigger than Streets of Rage 2. All that matters is the final count when it comes down to marketing. 122 MEGS is more, much more than 80 MEGS. Paprium is not the biggest.
    The rom is 14.6 MB isn't it? So converted to the Imperial Intergalactic System (which everyone should use instead of that universal metric bullshit) that gives us 116.8 MEGA POWER, the size of many early to mid age Neo Geo games, btw.
    Unless you have some sort of special rom in which case I'm interested! That's the size of v1.1, but IIRC v1 was the same size.

I agree on the rest, concerning compression. You can check cartridge sizes records & highlights on the post linked on my signature, or here, updated to reflect Asteborg's new record.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    So they will have a scanlines option with bloom (hopefully not forced). He can get even more realistic aperture grilles, etc if he outputs at 4K. Maybe have a little RGB bleed. Maybe a touch of noise. The Retrotink 5X upscaler does a tremendous job with the fake CRT effects and it's only 1200p. Also isn't Demons of Asteborg a bigger cart memory-wise than Paprium? Paprium is only 80 Megs, DOA is like 120. Its ROM is over 15MB (bytes not bits). Not sure where all the memory went, though.
    Yeah, the good old Blargg NTSC filter does composite signal simulation wonderfully. The RF option is particularly noisy. Combined with CRT shaders like you said, which incorporate CRT Mask and scanline bloom and you get yourself a "90's simulator".

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    PAPRIUM, the 16-BIT Beat Them All Coming to the Next-GEN

PAPRIUM, the Near-Legendary SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive Brawler is Coming to the Next-GEN Platforms, STEAM, PS4/5, and so Much More!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t_rewards_page

10 Years after Pier Solar - PAPRIUM - released in 2020 is WM's new landmark in what can be achieved on 16-BIT hardware.

PAPRIUM is a brutal - screaming 90's - game with a unique take on the genre such as multiple paths and hints of RPG elements. It's also challenging most of the Beat Them Ups (or did we say Beat Them All?) published on modern platforms! PAPRIUM is also a true hommage to older/venerable brawlers such as Streets Of Rage, Final Fight, C&D or Double Dragon.

We are proud to bring PAPRIUM to Next-GEN hardware, SONY Playstation PS4/5, STEAM (Windows/Linux...) and soon more?

̶*̶*̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶.̶*̶*̶ <-- Looks like this is not worth of it's own thread. OK, no problem
    The Kickstarter already has a lot of 'add-ons' that you can buy.

And as the campaign progresses more items will be added.

A Paprium guide has just been added and it looks very good. This game is full of secrets and I'm sure there will be lots to cover.

Paprium Compendium.jpg
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    A Paprium guide has just been added
    Why would I want a guide for a game that isn't very fun? he should fix the game before trying to cash in on guides and coffee mugs.
    if he fixes the game, then yeah.. I could see myself enhance the experience with a Paprium Fridge Magnet.

but why would anyone want merchandise of a bad game?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Out of curiosity, who here has hopped aboard the Fonzie love-train? I'm waiting for confirmation that the physical PS5 edition will include an actual game disc (and not just a code for a digital copy) before jumping on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Why would I want a guide for a game that isn't very fun? he should fix the game before trying to cash in on guides and coffee mugs.
    if he fixes the game, then yeah.. I could see myself enhance the experience with a Paprium Fridge Magnet.

but why would anyone want merchandise of a bad game?
    Paprium is a ton of fun to play. It is very entertaining. And I'm really glad it's no longer exclusive to the Genesis/MD and that people are getting another change to scoop it up.
    Sega Dude

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    Out of curiosity, who here has hopped aboard the Fonzie love-train? I'm waiting for confirmation that the physical PS5 edition will include an actual game disc (and not just a code for a digital copy) before jumping on it.
    I'm also really hoping that the physical PS4/5 release will come with a disc and not just a code. I was surprised to read that it's not yet a sure thing.

I have already hopped aboard and pledged despite not really wanted an empty case. I can pull out before the campaign ends if we don't find out before then.
    Sega Dude

Wildside Expert Hairlesswookiee's Avatar

So I'm a little late jumping back into this thread but I just revisited the Kickstarter page and saw the Game Gear add-on. Ok, I gotta admit that sounds appealing to me. I think I"m gonna hop on that and get a Game Gear version.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    So I'm a little late jumping back into this thread but I just revisited the Kickstarter page and saw the Game Gear add-on. Ok, I gotta admit that sounds appealing to me. I think I"m gonna hop on that and get a Game Gear version.
    Fingers crossed you get it!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I don't collect for handhelds but that Game Gear version is a cool idea. I saw they're doing a Brazilian version of Paprium now as well. I'm surprised at the amount of money they've already raised in less than a week.

One interesting thing I noticed in the description of the Genesis/Megadrive versions: "The Game works on any Official SEGA System, any Region (EUR/USA/JAP/ASIA...) and any Frequency (PAL, NTSC)."

There had been some issues with the copies initially sent out not working on all consoles. Watermelon had it mentioned on their website. I guess they've fixed this or are planning on doing so?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Fingers crossed you get it!
    Guess we'll know in about ten years.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    huh? I guess he can just shove there the mini game ?

EDIT: well the screenshots (if they are not mockups) look indeed awesome. Game Gear version is by far the most unexpected & better announcement since Paprium release.
    Last edited by chilled; 10-26-2021 at 06:06 AM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Thread Information