Quantcast

Page 933 of 933 FirstFirst ... 433833883923929930931932933
Results 13,981 to 13,994 of 13994

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Road Rasher

Good for you! Makes as much sense claiming Bubsy on jaguar is a better platformer than marioworld

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Good for you! Makes as much sense claiming Bubsy on jaguar is a better platformer than marioworld
    I interpret your statement that you prefer Jag's Bubsy over marioworld. It all depends on personal preferences.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

What I like about this thread is that it's on a constant derail

It wouldn't be a Sega-16 thread if it wasn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    It wouldn't be a Sega-16 thread if it wasn't!
    This is our home.

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Time to derail it even more

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Here's one thing that I really don't get about the PayPal situation if its true. If PayPal decides to freeze funds due to suspicious behavior, then why aren't consumers immediately notified and those assets immediately refunded? That should be easily doable for them.

Does PayPal reserve the right to steal funds from both ends? That is also grimy as hell.

As for Fonzie, well, the irony of having his money tied up with little to do but to trust the company that he gave it to is almost poetic justice.

"Justice" Ah, yes. Also the paypal bit has happened to other people as well. I guess when it happens to people you dislike it is justice indeed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Frost Blossom's Avatar

Good beat em' up gameplay is when you spam jump kick . And it's more Good beat em' up gameplay the more jump kicks you use. And if you do a real lot of jump kicks it's the best game of all time!

Attachment 15923

#NOLOCUSTERYALLOWED
    #PAPRIUMSAIPUTSSOR2TOSHAME
    #FONZIEDOESWHATNINTENDON'T #WATERMELONPLEASELETMEPREORDERYOURNEXTGAMEIKNOWNOT HINGABOUTFOR80BUCKS

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

You know, it'd be a blast to watch someone finishing Paprium, not on Easy, just by jumpkicking. Any videos? :/

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Here's one thing that I really don't get about the PayPal situation if its true. If PayPal decides to freeze funds due to suspicious behavior, then why aren't consumers immediately notified and those assets immediately refunded? That should be easily doable for them.

Does PayPal reserve the right to steal funds from both ends? That is also grimy as hell.

As for Fonzie, well, the irony of having his money tied up with little to do but to trust the company that he gave it to is almost poetic justice.
    I think the problem for Fonzie is that since he's taking so long to deliver on the games, PayPal is considering these to be pre-sales and that raises all sorts of red flags for them. You have 20 days to guarantee delivery on a pre-sale item, and because of the past issues PayPal may be requiring things like shipping receipts before Fonzie can even withdraw the money. (Maybe that's why the games show up as "shipping" right away, even if they take two months to arrive?) So it wouldn't take much for PayPal to freeze the account and while it's frozen Fonzie is even less likely to be able to deliver the games, so then if people start canceling the orders it gets worse.

By the way I don't post stuff like this because I have some vendetta against Fonzie, I just see the whole situation as a learning experience for people who want to get into homebrew. Money issues need to be worked out before you offer anything for sale and PayPal probably isn't the best choice if your business model depends on pre-orders.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I think the problem for Fonzie is that since he's taking so long to deliver on the games, PayPal is considering these to be pre-sales and that raises all sorts of red flags for them. You have 20 days to guarantee delivery on a pre-sale item, and because of the past issues PayPal may be requiring things like shipping receipts before Fonzie can even withdraw the money. (Maybe that's why the games show up as "shipping" right away, even if they take two months to arrive?) So it wouldn't take much for PayPal to freeze the account and while it's frozen Fonzie is even less likely to be able to deliver the games, so then if people start canceling the orders it gets worse.

By the way I don't post stuff like this because I have some vendetta against Fonzie, I just see the whole situation as a learning experience for people who want to get into homebrew. Money issues need to be worked out before you offer anything for sale and PayPal probably isn't the best choice if your business model depends on pre-orders.
    I get why it it would be done, but the question is what happens to that money? Does PayPal keep it? Do they return it to the customer? I mean, they collected the funds from me in early 2017 and it seems like they are still holding onto that money. Never was I notified that my payment was in hold and no offer was made to return it to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    "Justice" Ah, yes. Also the paypal bit has happened to other people as well. I guess when it happens to people you dislike it is justice indeed.
    What does it happening to other people have to do with Watermelon or Fonzie? False equivalence.

And yes, Poetic Justice. If you don't like that, that's your problem.

Master of Shinobi

I get why it it would be done, but the question is what happens to that money? Does PayPal keep it? Do they return it to the customer? I mean, they collected the funds from me in early 2017 and it seems like they are still holding onto that money. Never was I notified that my payment was in hold and no offer was made to return it to me either.
    If the account was frozen then yes PayPal would be holding the money and it wouldn't go to anyone. I didn't think they could hold anything longer than 180 days though.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One jymannob's Avatar

What does it happening to other people have to do with Watermelon or Fonzie? False equivalence.
    After some research. It seems that some small businesses have their funds blocked if they grow too fast.
    And so far all I have found is that Paypal never give any money back even after the business goes bankrupt. (the customers too indeed)

I was skeptical of Fonzie's words, but that puts me in perspective.

Thread Information