Quantcast

Page 148 of 937 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 14041

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

There's no excuse for WM's lack of transparency. It's just bad marketing. If you guys are too busy to generate emails updating investors regularly in regards to what they paid for, you're doing it wrong. Every single time you post here, you could post on the blog, and post something worthwhile. Even random screenshots, concept art, sprite work, animation tests, design notes, play test observations, music examples, background art, interviews with you, the music crew, etc. The list is endless. This whole thing is just WM knowing that we have no viable options in this marketplace, and that they'll get our money regardless of how terrible they are at interfacing with their customers.

Bomber Games with Streets of Rage Remake did this right. Updates, demos, blog posts, interviews, betas. AND the game is probably one of the best beat em ups ever made... I'd pay those cats multiple times over to put that game on every console.I own.

If WM just stopped making BS promises, and then making excuses on why they couldn't deliver on basic social media/PR stuff that smaller, less experienced teams seem to have no problem handling, maybe people would be less critical. Seriously, stop promising on shit you can't deliver, whether it be in-game stuff, or simple stuff like gameplay examples or concrete evidence that the game exists as something beyond doctored screenshots and vague gameplay ideas. As it is, this whole thing is a freaking joke, it's unfortunate for the investors that expected even the most basic level of respect for their investment dollars...
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 02-23-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    There's no excuse for WM's lack of transparency. It's just bad marketing. If you guys are too busy to generate emails updating investors regularly in regards to what they paid for, you're doing it wrong. Every single time you post here, you could post on the blog, and post something worthwhile. Even random screenshots, concept art, sprite work, animation tests, design notes, play test observations, music examples, background art, interviews with you, the music crew, etc. The list is endless. This whole thing is just WM knowing that we have no viable options in this marketplace, and that they'll get our money regardless of how terrible they are at interfacing with their customers.

Bomber Games with Streets of Rage Remake did this right. Updates, demos, blog posts, interviews, betas. AND the game is probably one of the best beat em ups ever made... I'd pay those cats multiple times over to put that game on every console.I own.

If WM just stopped making BS promises, and then making excuses on why they couldn't deliver on basic social media/PR stuff that smaller, less experienced teams seem to have no problem handling, maybe people would be less critical. Seriously, stop promising on shit you can't deliver, whether it be in-game stuff, or simple stuff like gameplay examples or concrete evidence that the game exists as something beyond doctored screenshots and vague gameplay ideas. As it is, this whole thing is a freaking joke, it's unfortunate for the investors that expected even the most basic level of respect for their investment dollars...
    You've yet to invest one damn cent!

*ignored*
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong, because it's really not but my 2 cents is that I paid WM for a video game and not a marketing campaign.
    Sure, I'd like the game right away and prefer not to wait but I'd much rather let them have whatever time they need to get it done how they have envisioned it.

So much of the marketing we encounter is BS and I don't miss it all at. If WM hadn't already had one really good game already done and delivered I would be concerned at this point. But they have and for me that's enough to have complete confidence that we will get this game.

And we already know what we're getting. Those screen shots alone are enough. We're getting a retro game that will play like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe, has three playable characters and it will look amazing. As for seeing it in motion... Well, it's not unreasonable to think it will be as fluid as similar games that we already know on the Genesis. Maybe they'll nail that expectation, maybe fall a bit short or knock it out of the park.
    So I feel we already have a very solid idea of what to expect. And if there are any surprises my money says it will be on the positive side and we'll be amazed that a Genesis can run such an awesome game.

My only regret is missing out on investing on Project N! But I will get whatever version I can when it's ready.

Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    LOL WOW! Someone looks at my blog

I think you're only 5 hours away from me. You have an open invitation to stop by for some serious retro gaming any time!
    The Neo Geo stuff has killed the bank account but I love it.
    Awesome! Then consider it an offer i accept and keep it in mind : )

And I have no doubt that it cost's an arm and a leg hahaha! Never the less amazing fit with Sega Genesis. Love Neo Geo

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Come On Jorge, just take it easy already. Yes not much info as come forward, but we are trying to amend that , and At least I can tell you that the game is looking promisinga and its mooving forward. We also did have a moment of during the production time that it got really slow due to the fact many of us live in different countries... WM itself as a Company brand name as very little to do with the past lack of progress. So please be considerate and move on. Don't forget in the end we are doing this out of love for our Sega Genesis.. me included. And I work a day Job and take care of kids and work on this on my personal time with lack of sleep.....

IF it would be this simple , More people would have done more games, BUT it isn't.. and that's the truth.

What we are doing is really nice as far I will say , there are allot of surprises coming that we worked hard for and all this to please you and everyone else. So lets move on from this and would be nice for a more positive encouragement for those still working on this.

Once we feel we have something ready to show that we are proud of we will.

Agreed, but its time to move forward.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Frankly, a vast majority of this thread is people kissing ass and giving WM the benefit of the doubt. The second anyone points out what's so blatantly obvious, there's a metric sh*t ton of posts in this thread, and almost nothing at all to show for you're game, people get bent out of shape. What I'm saying isn't an attack on team members as much as a an observation of elements of WM's continued dismissal of people's request for basic information and content pertaining to the game. It's totally fine to not show anything, no one's restricting WM's right to approach marketing and public relations however they want, but that doesn't mean people can't criticize the shortsighted nature of that approach.

That being said, it's obvious most of your fans are fine with what you've ( or WM, or however you want to frame that). provided, and ultimately it's pretty clear that content will come out whenever it does, so I guess it just is what it is.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Meh

Frankly, a vast majority of this thread is people kissing ass and giving WM the benefit of the doubt. The second anyone points out what's so blatantly obvious, there's a metric sh*t ton of posts in this thread, and almost nothing at all to show for you're game, people get bent out of shape. What I'm saying isn't an attack on team members as much as a an observation of elements of WM's continued dismissal of people's request for basic information and content pertaining to the game. It's totally fine to not show anything, no one's restricting WM's right to approach marketing and public relations however they want, but that doesn't mean people can't criticize the shortsighted nature of that approach.

That being said, it's obvious most of your fans are fine with what you've ( or WM, or however you want to frame that). provided, and ultimately it's pretty clear that content will come out whenever it does, so I guess it just is what it is.
    xGoldenboyx gave you a cordial, polite answer (he didn't have to answer you in my opinion but he took the time to do so) and what do you do? Answer him with another negative comment! LOL! Let me sum up your posts! Negative comment without one red freaking red penny of investment: Wash, rince, repeat!

Yeah, you can continue to spew your criticism .... But today I'm throwing my usual decorum out the window ... GTFO bro!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

..i am sorry but watermelon is horrible as a company..yeah it IS hard to make an original md game from scratch like puier solar or be heavily influenced by sor2..but that is not the point..when fan cd-r's are better pressed than pro cd's than you pre AND PRO mass producde and re introduced as re issues as in pier solar sega cd, or you do not update people on a game with pre $sales from 2012..you are a bad business. period..i pre oredered..and now i want my money back..you just fail as a actual company..just a bunch of forum boys years late giving bad excuses for updates with two sentence posts from a forum of a forum for a game i gave you money to..YEARS AGO..i want my refund..NOW..

Are they still making this game for the sega genesis???

I love Shadow Dancer!"

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Genesis

Eh, i think it's perfectly fair to be both super excited for Project Y & still really bummed/pissy about the complete lack of anything in quite some time now, at least since those leaked screens right? like if it's still not at the point of a trailer/teaser yet that's fine too, i wasn't crazy about the project being stalled out for Project N but i understand they're running a business...it's just the "wait till you put the cart in" line was a bit've a copout, i mean even in the day i had magazine screens/previews you know? just something to show that things are indeed moving along would be cool.

XGoldenboyX i appreciate your post about this being a labor of love & having other stuff in your life, i do man. if anything just take all the piss & vinegar to show the strong interest people have in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by daminmancejin2 View Post
    Are they still making this game for the sega genesis???
    well they were but now it's gonna be on steam, PSN & XBLA first, might get a ROM dump by 2017 though

all love - even if i'm never gonna get my Pier Solar reprint, haha

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja;70663?[/QUOTE
    be pissy aand they're running a business?

well they were but now it's gonna be on steam, PSN & XBLA first, might get a ROM dump by 2017 though

..wow it will not be on genesis anymore..give me my money back now you lack of proper updates and bad business criminals..your audio engineer gave more info than your entire team on this forum than all of the main team online..the other posters are jokes..

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

...yeah, lazy devs! also, where's the SG-1000 port you guys mentioned in the kickstarter!?

ahahaha why would anyone listen to me ever

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Steam,PSN & XBLA are getting it first? Where'd that fact come from?
    Last edited by matteus; 02-24-2015 at 04:36 AM.

It's impressive that WM don't even say a single word about the CPS Changer port either. I just hope they don't mess up the WonderSwan version, at least, otherwise I'll ask for a refund!

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

Well as of right now I'm going to say that I'm 99% sure I've finished my work on Project Y. I've sent the latest music in, chucked in a couple of pictures of myself and some gear for use in my interview featured in the Combook too.

Sure I could keep tweaking and messing with tracks but I think there becomes a point where enough is enough.

Thread Information