Quantcast

Page 706 of 951 FirstFirst ... 206606656696702703704705706707708709710716756806 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Master of Shinobi

In a way this is good to see, because it means Fonzie will not be able to use excuses like "I had the Covid" or "the ChiComs kidnapped me and held me for ransom."

If he can do work for a client he could be working on Paprium -- or at the very least -- communicating with all the people who sent in their money.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

[QUOTE=eukara;865271]It's clearly the update Luis was referring to. [/QUOTE

no , but funny comment : )
    Last edited by XGoldenboyX; 07-29-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eukara View Post
    It's clearly the update Luis was referring to.
    no , but funny comment : )
    I, along with most of the people here, were hoping that when you DO say something, you'd add more than that. It was your comments on Twitter and on Gamesack's video that started the conversation up again, then you went radio silent. This really is a bad look on everyone involved with this game. If you have anything to add, please, do so, we want to hear good news about this game. Otherwise, I don't think that additional vague comments, tweets, etc. that answer little to nothing, are remotely helpful at this point.

Don't forget, people have money tied up in this project, please try to be considerate to the community members that funded this game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I, along with most of the people here, were hoping that when you DO say something, you'd add more than that. It was your comments on Twitter and on Gamesack's video that started the conversation up again, then you went radio silent. This really is a bad look on everyone involved with this game. If you have anything to add, please, do so, we want to hear good news about this game. Otherwise, I don't think that additional vague comments, tweets, etc. that answer little to nothing, are remotely helpful at this point.

Don't forget, people have money tied up in this project, please try to be considerate to the community members that funded this game.
    Well said. I for one think the artwork for Paprium looks great and Luis should be recognised for that, but the cryptic bollocks really doesn't help or make anyone feel better about this game, it adds to the resentment.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    Both Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis got it absolutely spot on as to how and at what point to run a Kickstarter, and also for the quality of the end product. Matt was working on Tanglewood’s engine for a couple of years before getting to the stage whereby he felt he could develop it into a fully-fledged game and so was able to release a demo quite early on to encourage backers. Bitmap Bureau didn’t release a demo but the names of the people involved was enough to generate fervour and meet their backing goal. Both provided little snippets of updates without going into too much detail so when the games were finally released, backers were able to enjoy and fully appreciate them without having seen/heard too much and become saturated.

For the record I backed both projects right from the start but haven’t yet backed Demons of Asteborg. I need to see a bit more than an animated bloke running across a rather flat level, albeit with some nice graphical effects. Not criticising the developers and I hope it turns out to be a great game. As a person who doesn’t really care much for collecting homebrew titles, I prefer to have reassurance that the end product will be of similar quality to a legit commercial release from back in the day.
    I agree on Asteborg. It looks good but I need a bit more meat first, I'm sure there will be copies available eventually if/when it gets finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post

Tbh shills like Luis deserve as low credibility as Fonzie, I understand the staff people that remain silent because they don't want to get further involved in this disaster, but still parroting the "you just wait guys it'll be awesome!" nonsense at this point without any proof nor willing to clear up things whatsoever is just insulting and worthless.
    Last edited by Vludi; 07-29-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

But Paprika ...

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Cyberdrive's Avatar

Paprium.
    Miss you from things that we didn't live yet.
    genesis & mega drive assemble!!!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Paprium, coming soon since 2017. Longest coming soon ever.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Paprium, coming soon since 2017. Longest coming soon ever.
    Wrong.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Lots of projects get delayed but the key difference here is that money was taken with the promise that the game would be out soon. Try that at a major studio and as soon as it becomes clear you can't (or won't) stick to a schedule they will seize the assets and assign the project to someone else.

Blast Processing! Sports Talker Bear78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    I pre-ordered SLaVE on the Dreamcast in 2014....

https://www.goatstore.com/Products/S...tion_Preorder/

I'll get an update email about once a year saying it's close to done and will be coming "soon".

Yeah SLaVE is a similar disaster that gets way less attention. When was the last update? Two years ago?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

The sad thing about all of this is that it hurts honest people that may require a crowdfunding to finish their games. Now we as users are very suspicious about anyone asking for money in advance.

Thread Information