Quantcast

Page 715 of 951 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725765815 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    If you dont believe me when i say I have a fully working game on my hands on a cart running on a Sega Genesis , thats not my problem.

I own a CIB copy of Stadium Events for the NES in mint condition. No, I don't have any pictures to prove it, just gotta believe me.

If you dont believe me when i say I have a fully working game on my hands on a cart running on a Sega Genesis , thats not my problem. Im sorry so please get your anger on someone else that trully deserves it. Go for a walk or something.
    I bet you do indeed have a fully working game. It just isn't Paprium is it? Once again you say nothing of substance, you're like a politician.

Hero of Algol

Wait wait ... YOU guys ? How many times I have to tell you I dont own or am part of anything that goes behind doors and decisions from WM.
    Well, I thought you're truly, deeply involved in this project:
    I have helped on the gameplay on Paprium, allot of it in fact and yes have worked or helped in game designing, testing, conceptualizing, story development, story boarding, gameplay tweaking, 2D pixel artsy fartsy, concept art, texturing, art directing...
    If you really helped in so much stuff, it's hard to believe that you didn't know the real status of the game all this time.
    You most probably knew that the game wasn't nowhere near ready for a pre-order campaign and a media tour with Fonzie, yet, you guys did it and promoted it.

Jeez. If you dont believe me when i say I have a fully working game on my hands on a cart running on a Sega Genesis , thats not my problem. Im sorry so please get your anger on someone else that trully deserves it. Go for a walk or something.
    Lack of faith is not really the issue here.
    It's irrelevant if I believe you or not; but it's good to know that you have in your possession a working copy of a game which was crowdfunded and pre-sold but never delivered.
    If it doesn't get released and delivered real soon, we already know one person to go after.
    That's the walk which needs to be done.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Well, I thought you're truly, deeply involved in this project:

If you really helped in so much stuff, it's hard to believe that you didn't know the real status of the game all this time.
    You most probably knew that the game wasn't nowhere near ready for a pre-order campaign and a media tour with Fonzie, yet, you guys did it and promoted it.

Lack of faith is not really the issue here.
    It's irrelevant if I believe you or not; but it's good to know that you have in your possession a working copy of a game which was crowdfunded and pre-sold but never delivered.
    If it doesn't get released and delivered real soon, we already know one person to go after.
    That's the walk which needs to be done.

Oh please give me a brake , you really have nothing else to do but to troll. Just stop !

Master of Shinobi

I dont want to say anything I dont know, I dint open the cart to inspect it but i was told that yes it was fixed. How legitimate this is only Fonzie who knows for certain. That said both visuals and sound are working, no glitches.
    This is an odd statement. I thought it would be obvious if a Genesis game has a 300 MHz DSP in the cart, because it should be doing stuff that simply isn't possible on the base hardware. If it's not apparent by looking at the game then I wonder what was the point of even including it. Considering you're an experienced game designer who's worked on this hardware for years I figured you'd be able to tell at a glance.

The amusing thing is that all this drama could have been easily avoided by just saying nothing. Radio silence is better than saying any of the stuff said at this point.

If I was in Luis' position, I'd honestly say nothing about Paprium unless there's anything to show like a new screenshot or a picture of the cartridge. There have been hoaxes, sure, but coming from an official source (or close enough to official) would already be something. We may debate whether that stuff is real or yet another mock-up, but at least it'd be a proper update. And if Fonzie refuses to allow anything like that to surface… well, I think that staying shut would be the best option at this point.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    The amusing thing is that all this drama could have been easily avoided by just saying nothing. Radio silence is better than saying any of the stuff said at this point.

If I was in Luis' position, I'd honestly say nothing about Paprium unless there's anything to show like a new screenshot or a picture of the cartridge. There have been hoaxes, sure, but coming from an official source (or close enough to official) would already be something. We may debate whether that stuff is real or yet another mock-up, but at least it'd be a proper update. And if Fonzie refuses to allow anything like that to surface… well, I think that staying shut would be the best option at this point.
    I see it the same way, this is the Internet equivalent of throwing yourself on a grenade.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

but i was told that yes it was fixed.
    Yeah, fixed.. by removing the entire chip!

1. Fonzie has grand expansion chip ideas!
    2. Invests a lot of the preorder money into research and mockup tech
    3. Can't get it to do what he wants it to do
    4. Prolonged development time eating up the preorder money like crazy
    5. Fonzie decides to scrap the datenmeister and codes a normal game
    6. Luis mentions that the game is running with some nice effects
    7. Half if not more of development time was wasted on tech that Fonzie couldn't get working
    8. Development was probably restarted from scratch 2 years ago.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    The amusing thing is that all this drama could have been easily avoided by just saying nothing.
    I think the "need" to break the silence came right after Game Sack's video mentioning it and people in the comments writing about how much money they had lost in the project.

Whenever there's bad public talk about Paprium, Luis appears with some """update""".

However, there's always a built-in excuse:
    If for any reason China would be nuked or Ninjas would come over and try and take it from me, I'll be waiting with my black belt and few booby traps planted here and there. But jokes aside, all I'm saying is there is still hope people, and if for any reason that would fail. I have a plan B and still prove that I have been honest with everything I have ever said.
    At the end of the day, Luis/Fonzie may still try to say something in the lines of:
    "Yikes! The game was really ready to be mass produced and shipped to the world but the 50 factories we've been working with in the past 3 years have now closed due to the COVID-19 crisis.
    Meanwhile we'll keep working hard 24/7 despite all our personal issues and financial struggles to bring you the best Beat'em up evar!!!
    Stay tuned for news soon."

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I see it the same way, this is the Internet equivalent of throwing yourself on a grenade.
    Or maybe its just the 'fake it till you make it' culture. Nothing has been shown that would calm people down, yet Luis claims to have access to the very material that would prove Paprium's existence. If Luis and Fonzie can string everyone along for just long enough with the bullshit then maybe it will give Fonzie enough time to finish the game.

I don't think either of them anticipated just how long development would take though, and now Luis doesn't understand that he's making it worse for himself and Fonzie by claiming to have a completed game.

Master of Shinobi

This drama has gotten so out of sense that even an actual video footage on RH would be dismissed as just mindfuckery.

Anyway people have not lost their homes to Paprium... just some pocket money was stolen, far from the end of the world or the end of the homebrew scene etc. I don't see homebrew projects slowing down because of this.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Thanks for the answer, Luis! Let's hope for the best.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    just some pocket money was stolen
    That's disrespectful. For some people it's several hundreds of dollars. Send paypal if for you hundos is pocket money.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

I think at this point, even if it was eventually released, there would be no way it could live up to the hype and drama surrounding it. Oof

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Or maybe its just the 'fake it till you make it' culture. Nothing has been shown that would calm people down, yet Luis claims to have access to the very material that would prove Paprium's existence. If Luis and Fonzie can string everyone along for just long enough with the bullshit then maybe it will give Fonzie enough time to finish the game.

I don't think either of them anticipated just how long development would take though, and now Luis doesn't understand that he's making it worse for himself and Fonzie by claiming to have a completed game.
    Claiming that someone own's a cart containing a complete version of the game and that it's running on real hardware also helps if you intend to run another pre-order campaign (nothing would really surprise me at this point).
    And, rest assured, some money would still flow.

Thread Information