Quantcast

Page 720 of 951 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730770820 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Road Rasher

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    I'm sorry but I dont take responsibility. It is not my company, if anything I am as perplexed as anyone else by the lack of anything logical from WM even to my regard.
    Anyways I'm done here. Have a good one guys.
    Cheers!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Luis decides to keep arguing instead of answering honest questions about Paprium. News at 11.
    If you can't share pics, just say no and that's it. This should not break any NDA.

We don't know if Luis is lying, only time will tell. But if I'm not mistaken, Luis had said the game was working even before that infamous party and if so it's weird that a working game wasn't shown. I also think it's extremely weird the possibility of the game being finished but Fonzie doesn't share gameplay videos, doesn't start production... nothing happens... how?! That said, if Luis is indeed telling the truth then I don't think he did anything wrong sharing the news. I don't agree that "no news" is better than "veeery small news". And I also disagree that Luis shouldn't help Fonzie. That's up to him, he's doing nothing wrong by helping the game come out. I don't see how it would be better for the game to not come out, so Luis is seemingly just trying to make for the best outcome possible. He helped make the game, and it being a game for a dead console it's obviously at least somewhat a passion project, so it's obvious that he'd want the game to come out. All of this, of course, if he is telling the truth.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Luis, I'm going to quote Christopher Hitchens here: That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    If you're going to come on here and make bullshit claims without any evidence, then you're going to get ridiculed and dismissed. I also think its insulting to come on here and make bold statements without evidence. Are you going to claim you have a working copy of Polybius too?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    In time you will see that I was being honest regardless.
    In ten years maybe, and that's my problem with what you're doing here. you're "calming the peasants" that's your fucking job for Watermelon.
    I bet Fonzie sends you on the occasional calm the angry mob mission, do not fret simple peasants! lord Fonzie has informed me that soon all will be well! soon angry peasants, and don't hate me.. I'm just like you!
    What lord Fonzie is doing? oh I know but I can't tell you simple mud eating hobos, but know that soon all will be well and amazing. and oh if only you simple retards could have seen what mine eyes hath seeneth!
    Thou would not be carrying pitchforks and torches that's for sure! yes Lord Fonzie's way are mysterious but if you all just calm down then I'll tell you a long story without any explanation whatsoever.
    just don't forget.. I'm one of you simpletons. I'll be back in a month when you get angry again.

Luis, you are just as responsible for the shit show as Fonzie. You are guilty by association even if you don't supposedly work for WM. If you want to appease the mob listen to what Tokay requested instead of arguing and saying everyone is trolling you.

Master of Shinobi

I don't know Luis enough to judge him but I don't know what he was thinking coming into the thread and then providing zero tangible info. If it was my career and a known scammer asked me for help, there's no way in hell I'd tarnish my own reputation by providing updates-but-not-really-updates on a project that's not really mine. If I even considered working with someone like that I would be the one demanding an NDA that they couldn't mention my involvement. I sure as hell wouldn't be posting about it on an open forum.

That's why none of it makes sense. Fonzie is the one who needs help not Luis. So what's in it for a guy like Luis to come here and act as the spokesperson for WM?

Im almost positive that if the game ever does get finished and released there are going to be tons of people whose pre-orders "get lost". No way they print enough carts to fulfill the backers and have some to sell on their site, not with that fancy chip in it. It'll be a low run limited release and it'll screw over people again.

Nameless One

Wow, the vaporware thread lives on. Wild.

At this point, I think folks just come here for the drama. We know there's no game, but the discourse is pretty epic.

"Don't worry it's still coming!"
    "Awesome! Show us something!"
    "Can't! NDAs and reasons!"
    "Wait, what?! You lying bastard!"
    "Stop being mean! I have a physical copy right here completed and I play it every night with this custom controller that I can't show you because well... um... I've been told not too!"

Dude. This is comically bad.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

I've gotta say, if it was Barone's plan to goad Luis into angrily revealing more about Paprium than he meant to, it worked.

At the beginning Luis was dropping little hints and pictures and hiding behind NDAs and having to handle Fonzie with kid gloves,, but several times in his responses he kept pushing the envelope. Almost if Barone's constant needling frustrated him enough to let something slip.

So depending on if you believe him or not, Luis has the only known working copy of the 100% finished Paprium. I would think so does Fonzie of course, but this puts a huge amount of power in Luis' hands.

At any time he could decide to dump the game and release the rom, and the only thing preventing him from doing so is a supposed NDA and his professional and artistic integrity.

So unless he is a complete and total liar, or gives back that cartridge, he could be the one to finally release Paprium into the world.

If 1-2 years from now ( lol, I know, it's been forever but no way this happens any time soon if EVER ) it becomes clear EVEN to Luis that Fonzie is never releasing the game, MAYBE he will dump and release the rom so there is finally some justice out of all this. The people who paid, essentially paid for a rom to be developed. Better than nothing I suppose, after all this heartache and bitterness.

Or, you know, Luis is lying through his teeth. But what the hell do I know? I'm a noob and a troll...

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    MAYBE he will dump and release the rom so there is finally some justice out of all this
    I don't think he would that, no matter what Fonzie ends up doing. At least not in a foreseeable future. And surely not using his name.

By doing that he would tarnish himself in the eyes of a lot of people, professionally speaking it sounds bad even if your working environment was extremely abusive and the company simply chose to trash or not release the game.

Also, I really doubt Fonzie would give him (or anyone) the absolute final version of the game prior to public release and/or in long advance. When we consider that we're in the middle of a global pandemic and that Fonzie has reportedly faced financial issues to finish the project, it simply doesn't add up.
    That would be moving complete control out of his own hands; Fonzie would never do that.

If Luis really has something of value with himself, it's a non-final and watermarked version of the game whose dumping procedure wouldn't be trivial for an inexperienced individual in all likelihood due to the enhancement chip.
    Fonzie may even have said to him it's the complete thing, but he'd never know.

Luis gave us this:
    "What I have in my hands right now is 100% completed and its what it is."
    "I have a fully working game on my hands on a cart running on a Sega Genesis"

The first statement is really foolish in the context that he provided by himself:
    "How many times do I need to say to someone like you that I have Zero control on what WM does or doesn't."

The second statement is something more credible and way more open-ended. I'd have used that instead.

The "100% completed" claim has the potential to haunt him for a while now.
    If the game isn't released (historically the heavily favorite option with Fonzie) in a matter of months, people may get really salty and forceful about that statement.

If he releases limited footage of the cartridge and the game gameplay (and deletes right after; again, what's to be expected with Luis) - which is probably what he has in mind when he refers to his Plan B to prove that he has been saying the truth - against Fonzie's will, Fonzie could follow up releasing a new teaser right after with game content that was never made available to Luis and he would look like an idiot.

Even if it were just a palette swap in the 1P character, Fonzie would be able to claim that Luis doesn't have the final version and use endless speculation is his favor.

If the game is finally released and a dumped ROM appears right after, Luis' name would be in the list of possible sources.
    Last edited by Barone; 08-08-2020 at 12:24 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

I hope a drama is over for now. It made me watch this again.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I don't think he would that, no matter what Fonzie ends up doing. At least not in a foreseeable future. And surely not using his name.
    If he's the only person other than Fonzie who owns the game, then there's little point in releasing it under another name. I agree that Luis' cart is probably watermarked anyway, considering Fonzie is a control freak.

There's also the possibility that Luis just doesn't care if people know he's the source of the ROM. But from what we've heard from Luis, I doubt he'd be able to dump the ROM himself. He doesn't know if the cart has a special chip, while it should be kinda obvious without even opening the cart if he knew the console well. So I think the best course of action would be for him to give it to someone he trusts for it to get dumped.

All conjecture, like everything in this thread.

Master of Shinobi

I don't care anymore whether Luis is lying or not. I'll just assume he is because I'm tired of waiting for the game.

What I just saw is a guy who worked on the game as a contractor (paid? unpaid? who cares) coming to the game's 10.000+ posts thread motivated/frustrated by the bitterness of those 700 pages and then trying to correct the totally derailed speculation based on absolute ZERO evidence (no proof that the lost luggage was a lie, no proof that the paypal blocked funds was a lie, etc etc) by just saying rest assured, the game is finished and working and uses a chip and then getting all the anger that was being directed towards the main (and probably only) person responsible for all this, to him. All because he provided the exact amount of proof that was provided by all the critics: ZERO.

So, as of now, we got a party with a glitched and largely unfinished game and the excuse was that that wasn't the latest revision of the game that was developped by then. Most of the other info on both sides is mere speculation, some of which is very well thought out and exposTHERE'S EVEN A FRIGGING DOCUMENTARY SERIES ABOUT IT, but still, it's all speculation based on info from people who are not in possesion nor have access to the source code (if there is one).

We gave money to WM and that gives us right to bash Luis and elaborate theories on why he is doing all this, without providing any proof of those claims, just like he and WM are doing? Not pretty. Just try to relate to HIS situation (instead of crying because he doesn't relate to our lost money and is -IMO inadvertedly- further contributing to the scam): I bet many of us would have reacted like him: I'd come to the forum to give some hope because what I'm reading on the development of the game is the opposite of what it is.

I know we cannot have access to proof of the it's a scam theory beyond mere deduction from what we have seen over the years, and I understand the need for all this nicely elaborated speculation, which I think has all its place in a forum like this one. But using this to assume everything is a lie because the lack of news/proof of claims and coming down on someone who isn't even expected to prove anything in the first place... not cool, particularly when every theory in here is doing the same.

Anyway I think Luis should not come in here anymore, for his own sake. And if some other sega-16 member has been involved in Paprium in any direct or indirect capacity, please refrain from posting here, again for your own sake: you could be next...
    Last edited by chilled; 08-08-2020 at 02:51 AM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Thread Information