Quantcast

Page 726 of 951 FirstFirst ... 226626676716722723724725726727728729730736776826 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

My excitement about the game has already ended with a fake release party event.

And the only thing I would like to see is a proper closure for the project. Whether it is its cancellation or release in some form.

Also I take into account that Luis as an artist would like to have people enjoy his work. That is why he takes some action.

Master of Shinobi

Maybe the game and stick got released and as we spend most of our lives in this thread we didn't notice?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Master of Shinobi

Oh man, I forgot about those threads from 2016. So plenty of people suspected it was a scam even back then. Too bad they all didn't request refunds or things might have gone differently.

Then there's the irony of Fonzie claiming the lack of updates was to preserve a 1990s experience... yeah no. In retrospect it sounds like he was planning a scam even back then. While it's true we saw fewer updates prior to the YouTube era, I doubt you can find one game from the 8 or 16-bit era that was in constant development for 5 years, let alone more than 8.

Imagine a French developer buying a Mega Drive the day it's released in Europe and setting out to make a beat 'em up in the form of Golden Axe and Final Fight (because Streets of Rage doesn't exist yet.) If they kept the same timeline as Paprium, it would be early 1999 with no game to show, the Mega Drive is finished with the final game being Majesco's port of Frogger, the Sega CD, Game Gear, 32X and Saturn have all come and gone, Sonic (who didn't exist when they started) is about to be rebooted with Sonic Adventure and the top selling games are titles like Final Fantasy 8, Ocarina of Time, Starcraft and Virtua Fighter 3.

Outrunner

Without meaning to be pedantic, Sonic Adventure was released in Japan in December 98 so in fact the reboot would have already taken place on a console two generations apart from the Mega Drive. Astounding when you think of it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    Luis does not have to do anything. The only thing he promised is his plan B. What exactly his plan is we can only speculate about it. But we can ask him how much time he gave Fonzie to release the game.
    To me, this sounds like a good idea.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker peido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    I have a plan B and still prove that I have been honest with everything I have ever said.
    Luis, can you please tell us what is the Date Limit you gave to Fonzie before Plan B?
    Thank you.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Plan B is a Game Boy port of Paprium

https://twitter.com/XLuis__MartinsX/...79151091097600

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peido View Post
    Luis, can you please tell us what is the Date Limit you gave to Fonzie before Plan B?
    Thank you.
    There is no plan B, its just a way to keep people calm. "don't worry guys, there's always plan... B!!!!!!!"
    These guys have been lying to us from the start, nothing but false flags.

All this bullshit when 3 simple blog posts a year would have sufficed. "datenmeister chip refuses to accept the signal of blabla" "lost touch with guy who does the blabla" "corona caused factories to get shut down blabla"
    But Fonzie loves to pretend that a simple 2 minute written blog eats up a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of time otherwise spend on development.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    But Fonzie loves to pretend that a simple 2 minute written blog eats up a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of time otherwise spend on development.
    He sounds like that person everyone has at work who is always too busy to take anything else on but their output is, at best, nothing. It's quite simple, he's way in over his head and has decided to hide from the community as a result. There's no smart play here.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Plan B is a Game Boy port of Paprium

https://twitter.com/XLuis__MartinsX/...79151091097600
    Haha! I can picture it... The first Game Boy cart with a special chip that makes it more powerful than a next gen console... or something.
    That said, GB Studio is a pretty cool project.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Haha! I can picture it... The first Game Boy cart with a special chip that makes it more powerful than a next gen console... or something.
    paprium gb.jpg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Yeah, I saw that tweet a number of days ago. I'm glad the GB/C is getting some love. That was my first console homebrew development.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Yeah, I saw that tweet a number of days ago. I'm glad the GB/C is getting some love. That was my first console homebrew development.
    I'm happy to see that too, the GB is such a classic platform and people have done some creative things within its limitations.

Re: the "Plan B" -- I bet it's going to be Fonzie dying (or faking his death?) and then it's going to be up to Luis to release the game from that one copy he miraculously received from the Magical Game Factory... of course since he's not really part of the company you'll have to place a new pre-order. I know I sound pessimistic but what else do you see happening?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Re: the "Plan B" -- I bet it's going to be Fonzie dying (or faking his death?) and then it's going to be up to Luis to release the game from that one copy he miraculously received from the Magical Game Factory... of course since he's not really part of the company you'll have to place a new pre-order. I know I sound pessimistic but what else do you see happening?
    Release Party 2.0

Road Rasher

Release party 1 was
    "Hey plz, bring monitors !"

Release party 2 wll be
    "Hey plz, bring debuggers !"

Thread Information