Quantcast

Page 822 of 951 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826832872922 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 14251

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Got the model version too? Likely to start 1600-
    MK-1631-50

Quote Originally Posted by pepodmc View Post
    Even without playing it, it obvious that it has some hitboxes and hitstun problems. Some constructive criticism is a good thing.

About the AI, its not the best , but if i were fonzie i would have released the game only with the very hard difficulty because its the only difficult in which the AI kinds of do what it must do. i mean, if you combine a not very good Ai with having to dumb down the enemy behaviour because of the difficulty and you get a very bad combination.

With 6 more months this game would have released in a better state. Hope that Watermelon or fans can fix these problems.
    Very True, I just ran through ti last night on Hard ARCADE and it was definitely easy.

Is there gameplay of this being played in actual 2-player?
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Kamon's Avatar

So is the consensus that it's not just the 1601 units with issues? Will my older 1600 also have problems?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

I can't get this thing to work.
    I tried both, limited and classic, on 3 different MD and they do the same.
    What's the deal? It is broken? Or I really received a bag of rocks after all?

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Priest View Post
    Got a chance to put 1 1/2 hours into it tonight. I think there will be a consensus that it's not touching SoR2.

Still...it's pretty good. It's better than most of the 16-bit brawlers I've played. I still need to put more time into both SoR4 and Paprium to see which one's better, but at this point they're comparable.
    SOR4 is way better than people here give it credit for. Paprium isn't even in the same ballpark. That being said, I'm happy people are enjoying it. I really look forward to playing it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    SOR4 is way better than people here give it credit for. Paprium isn't even in the same ballpark.
    SoR 4 has polished gameplay but is boring and soulless to me (I'll keep it at that because we've gone over that already). Paprium seems to be the other way around, rough gameplay but the rest is good, and that is enough to make it worthwhile.

I got my copy yesterday. I was playing though my Tower of Power which consists of a 32X, a TMSS HDG Model 1, and a Model 1 Sega CD. The Sega CD lights up when being used so that is neat but have only played it once through without a CO-Op so ii have to figure out how to use the 2nd player CPU. Game ran perfect no freezing at all.

I Got the Rick Roll Mini Game at first and it did make me nervous!!! How do i get it back if I want to play iit again? It seems funny and I want to try it again.

In the Options Menu there is a setting called Baptism by Fire, What is that?
    Last edited by evilevoix; 12-22-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Wildside Expert

Game froze on me in stage 3 this time... we are making progress :P

Got mine this afternoon and I'm pleased to report that it seems to work just fine on my 1601 model Genesis. Specifically I have a va2 but it has quite a few modifications to it that I guess Paprium doesn't have an issue with. I have FirebrandX's M1 Mini Mega amp and M1 Double Mega installed in mine. But I also have it connected up to a model 2 SegaCD and running through the 32x attached as well. So be curious if those having issues might be able to replicated the setup and see if it helps at all?

I was a bit worried at first when the trolling 8-bit game came up at first but while incredibly limited, it isn't that bad a diversion when you think about it! Although the music on it is a bit grating. Only think I'm not sure is if some of the instruments sound a bit off key on mine. I need to watch more of the vids of others playing it to compare with mine.

Also I had to open mine up because the metal cap had come loose from the Charlie Fox of chips covered in the black epoxy. I might leave it off but for now it seems to be holding in place using some double sided scotch tape, although I'm pretty sure that won't last for the long term.

Another change on my Genesis is that about 2 years ago I replaced both of the original 7805s with 2A output variants. I did that because I had some odd power related issues with the SegaCD video being affected and replacing out the original 7805s took care of the issue. If the cart does require more juice to operate, perhaps the issue is aging VRs in the genesis systems simply not keeping enough current in the system?

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    SoR 4 has polished gameplay but is boring and soulless to me (I'll keep it at that because we've gone over that already). Paprium seems to be the other way around, rough gameplay but the rest is good, and that is enough to make it worthwhile.
    I wonder if SOR4 would have been a better experience with the story bits removed. Just get an intro, then brawl to the last boss. I think that's part of where the magic is on FF and SOR2.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    I wonder if SOR4 would have been a better experience with the story bits removed. Just get an intro, then brawl to the last boss. I think that's part of where the magic is on FF and SOR2.
    I'm not sure it'd really help, because most people just skip the story after their first playthrough. It might make load times shorter between each stage, making the game a little bit more dynamic, but I don't think it'd make much difference in the end. Also, SoR 3 has story bits and people don't seem to mind. To me, SoR 4 is the result of bland ideas but great execution, and the result is good. Just not good enough for me to want to come back to it.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I'm not sure it'd really help, because most people just skip the story after their first playthrough. It might make load times shorter between each stage, making the game a little bit more dynamic, but I don't think it'd make much difference in the end. Also, SoR 3 has story bits and people don't seem to mind. To me, SoR 4 is the result of bland ideas but great execution, and the result is good. Just not good enough for me to want to come back to it.
    Exactly just really safe fan catered product... Nora as a boss no thanks, barbon back as a boss... double no thanks... max as a boss but being brainwashed... triple please the fkk no. And then theres the pokemon trainer kids of Mr. X and their final boss pokemon-yu gi oh thing.

Commisioner looks like a filler scenery background character from some UDON comic, honestly why not just have Estel as a boss representing the corrupt cops. Uggghh i could puke by the kind of blandness and lazyness the Commisioner as boss character represents (and i know Murdock in Paprium is also a commisioner BUT he doesn't look so indistinguishible and charisma-less as 'Commisioner')... I like some of the new characters like some of the new characters like Diva and DJ K-Washi (even if he's responsible for the pokemon level plot device), I mean the fighting system is great, i don't mind the graphics. and they really retooled Adam to be a great character imo! I also really like the other new characters. The music is ehhh... ok-ish not Bare Knuckle worthy imo. So it's all about the lack of presentation and just too much fan catering.

Paprium is indeed the reverse haha good presentation.
    Last edited by loempiavreter; 12-22-2020 at 05:20 PM.

We all know the Ninja Warriors remake is the best recent beat 'em up anyway

Wildside Expert

Yeah loved that one, Ninja Warriors Again Remake! Pure crowd control (although arcade Ninja Warriors is still a bit better balanced).

Thread Information