Quantcast

Page 906 of 953 FirstFirst ... 406806856896902903904905906907908909910916 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,590 of 14281

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Spendle's Avatar

My partner couldn't believe I pre-ordered something years ago with no tangible evidence of its existence at the time. To be fair she had a point and I was stumped when trying to think of a response.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spendle View Post
    My partner couldn't believe I pre-ordered something years ago with no tangible evidence of its existence at the time. To be fair she had a point and I was stumped when trying to think of a response.
    Show her a picture of Fonzie and ask how could you not trust a person that cute

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    Why do people care that there are Streets of Rage and Golden Axe III Easter Eggs? Not one sale of the game was gained from these easter eggs. They were never promoted and they probably account for less then %1 of the games content. These were what a deem a gesture of respect to a couple of classic Sega beat em up franchises. Sega will give no shits about the content and frankly neither should any of the Karens.

Let's go cancel The Revenge of Shinobi while were at it.
    Guess what, they had to change numerous things, as recent as wii virtual console re-release.
    You can't get away now like you could 30 years ago.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Pain for Fun View Post
    Not at all, I did what any respectable person would do if you know someone stolen from another. Thieves get what they deserve, plain & simple.
    Maybe you’re from a different upbringing to me, but I was always taught not to sh*t on your own community. Sure, report paedos, murderers or violent criminals to the police, but not Dave who’s selling hooky DVDs down the boozer or Sarah who’s just scored some sensi for her mates. We might hate Fonzie for this complete clusterf*ck but he has delivered at least half of the games he promised, and seems to have an incredible business plan of using a Ponzi scheme to fund the remaining half. His business practices are highly contentious but, love him or loathe him, he is one of us. He loves the Megadrive and in spite his faults he just wants to create games for the platform. Calling a homage “theft” is a huge exaggeration.

I wonder, was you the one who informed Sega about SORR? Were you disappointed when the C&D was issued or did you think they got what they deserved?

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    Fonzie is about as transparent as the Skull Lords in Symphony of the Night on the Saturn.
    That, sir, had the perfect balance of humour and nerdiness. Colour me amused.
    Last edited by crazyteknohed; 01-27-2021 at 03:50 AM.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    Let's go cancel The Revenge of Shinobi while were at it.
    Revenge of Shinobi is a good example of the best-case scenario in this kind of situation. Sega were forced to modify their game and while they were allowed to keep Spider-man because of an earlier deal, they had to include a licensing notice on the title screen. And Sega didn't even blatantly lifted sprites from other games; they merely recreated recognizable characters from movie and comic franchises. That's more trademark infringement, which is harder to prove and enforce than copyright infringement.

Also that was a large company (Sega) versus several other large companies. They will try to strike a deal first to avoid expensive lawsuits. But when it's a large company versus a little guy, they won't hesitate to sic their lawyers on them straight away. Long story short: I don't expect Paprium will be treated as favorably as Revenge of Shinobi got back in the day.

I don't necessarily approve of snitching on WaterMelon, but I also think it's naive to think that Sega wouldn't have found out if we just kept quiet. This mess is entirely of Fonzie's own creation and it annoys me to no good, because after waiting for *so* long he would jeopardize his masterpiece with such a brash and ignorant action. It doesn't matter how well-intended it might have been, Fonzie should have learned how the world works before he tried to run any kind of business.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
    Revenge of Shinobi is a good example of the best-case scenario in this kind of situation. Sega were forced to modify their game and while they were allowed to keep Spider-man because of an earlier deal, they had to include a licensing notice on the title screen. And Sega didn't even blatantly lifted sprites from other games; they merely recreated recognizable characters from movie and comic franchises. That's more trademark infringement, which is harder to prove and enforce than copyright infringement.
    Revenge of Shinobi had changes as recent as 2009 because of title screen bearing a little too much likeness to a Tv show.
    Even a big(ish) company such as Sega had to care about IP.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ichbinian View Post
    Based on your history of negative, speculative BS comments on this forum your more interested in seeing something negative happen than any concern for copyright.
    You think the bullshit is on my side, I think it is on yours. Fonzie keeps on making bad decisions, which in itself would not be a problem if he didn't keep lying and breaking his promises, and now the law. People like you are enablers for Fonzie, lowering the standards we should hold indie game makers to. At least most of the other people here acknowledge Fonzie brought this upon himself, instead of trying to defend him against all common sense.
    Last edited by Stifu; 01-27-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    You think the bullshit is on my side, I think it is on yours. Fonzie keeps on making bad decisions, which in itself would not be a problem if he didn't keep lying and breaking his promises, and now the law. People like you are enablers for Fonzie, lowering the standards we should hold indie game makers to. At least most of the other people here acknowledge Fonzie brought this upon himself, instead of trying to defend him against all common sense.
    To me attitudes like that looks like a bit of jealousy problem... I agree with people instead of try to hurt all the comunity and make us not receive our game why not try to make a better game yourself???
    Last edited by kenshinsp; 01-27-2021 at 08:21 AM.
    "There's no knowledge, that is not power..."

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinsp View Post
    To me attitudes like that looks like a bit of jealousy problem... I agree with people instead of try to hurt all the comunity and make us not receive our game why not try to make a better game yourself???
    Sigh. Again with this? The fact I'm working on a game is completely irrelevant. I'm not in competition with Fonzie, and my game is not in competition with Paprium. This is just a hobby for me and I don't even think I'll be able to finish my game. Just forget about it, instead of trying to tell me what I should do, or how I should spend my time. Surely you can do better to try and defend Fonzie or Paprium than lame whataboutism about my game.

Also, how am I trying to hurt the community and make you guys not receive your game? Enlighten me.

Also, how am I trying to hurt the community and make you guys not receive your game? Enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

Defending the guy who made contact with Sega, every time we flame the community to hate Fonzie, it doesnt matter if hate or not at that point everyone just want the game... And yes you're right, you know what's best to do with your time I guess ^^ The truth is, it's pointless to waste mine trying to convince people of something, better I waste my time with another new game I guess haha ^^

Defending the guy who made contact with Sega
    Okay, so defending him hurts you and lowers your chances of getting your game? I see. Surely Sega is watching what I post here in order to decide whether to sue Fonzie or not. That makes total sense.

Okay, so defending him hurts you and lowers your chances of getting your game? I see. Surely Sega is watching what I post here in order to decide whether to sue Fonzie or not. That makes total sense.
    OMG don't you understand that doing that we incentive other people to do the same? and yes everyone who not received their game yet should be worry about it...
    Last edited by kenshinsp; 01-27-2021 at 09:07 AM.

OMG don't you understand that doing that we incentive other people to do the same?
    I doubt it. People can form their own opinion, and do what they think is right. I pointed that that it's unfair to blame it all on the messenger and not on Fonzie. If that encourages others to report the infringement to Sega, then so be it. It seems to me you're willing to put blame on anyone but Fonzie.

and yes everyone who not received your game yet should be worry about it...
    ... What? I guess you mean their game.

I doubt it. People can form their own opinion, and do what they think is right. I pointed that that it's unfair to blame it all on the messenger and not on Fonzie. If that encourages others to report the infringement to Sega, then so be it. It seems to me you're willing to put blame on anyone but Fonzie.
    What makes you think he's out to blame anyone? It seems pretty clear to me that Kenshirosp, like myself and many others, would simply prefer people not to go out of their way to take any actions that could cost members of this community the games they paid for. I always thought it was common decency not to spit in the face of those around you. That anyone in this community would sit here and flex about possibly getting a C&D issued that could very well cost members of this forum their money and games (Fonzie isn't refunding anyone a dime) is just wrong.

Fonzie was an ass to include those assets. Then again, he's kind of been his own worst enemy and an awful decision-maker for ages. It's very on-brand for him, and none of us are surprised by the SoR and GA revelations. But that doesn't mean those of us still waiting on our stuff should just concede that, yeah, he blew it and sit idly by with a grin while other members of this community work to jeopardize us receiving our copies that we've been waiting eight years for, intentionally or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixels View Post
    What makes you think he's out to blame anyone?
    The fact he has only been voicing his discontent at us and not at Fonzie. Anyway, I believe everyone's opinions have been made clear. As I said, I do hope you get your games. Time will tell.

Thread Information