Quantcast

Page 951 of 952 FirstFirst ... 451851901941947948949950951952 LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,265 of 14278

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Why hasn't the Mafia, the Locusts, PayPal and others taken out the following, similar companies?

Piko Interactive
    Mega Cat Studios
    PSCD Games
    Second Dimension
    Strictly Limited

Did the Mafia capture Brandon Cobb, from Super Fighter Team, and now Fonzie is next?
    Last edited by Iced Snowman; 06-15-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Are there arp codes for the game or cheats ?
    1 XB360, 1 md2, 1 mcd2, 1 snes, 1 ms adapter, 1 Nes, 2Gamegears (for playing sor co op)
    http://soundcloud.com/djtwok

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Action Replay does not work. When using such a device it triggers the minigame to start.
    There is only one cheatcode known which activates the sound box in the options.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training gamerfly1011's Avatar

Attachment 16137

I've gotten my investors Japanese edition from a third party, and my copy does not work on any of my original consoles and hangs on a black screen. Even on TMSS edition consoles it doesn't even pop up with the splash screen or the TMSS screen, and reads it as if there's not even a cart inserted. The cartridge is powered since it lights up, but no minigame, splash screen freeze, nothing. The only console I've gotten it to work on was my Mega SG, with certain settings attached like 0 boot delay and such. Such a shame since I've tested a lot of consoles including such as, Model 1 VA2 (which worked on game sacks console), VA3, VA4, A recapped and Mega Amp'd Model 2, My VA2 and VA3 with Sega CD Model 1 attached. None of these have worked and if it wasn't for the game working on my Mega SG I would have thought it was a cartridge dead on arrival. And the weirdest part is that incompatible consoles I see freeze on the splash screen, while mine is just a straight black screen. Even resetting the console didn't help either so I'm kinda stuck ngl. I read something on this thread that someone took off a capacitor on their genesis and it worked, but even then I don't think that'll help my problem. And really bums me out since I genuinely was wanting to play this on my CRT. Has anyone else experienced this black screen problem, or is it just me?

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Why hasn't the Mafia, the Locusts, PayPal and others taken out the following, similar companies?

Piko Interactive
    Mega Cat Studios
    PSCD Games
    Second Dimension
    Strictly Limited

Did the Mafia capture Brandon Cobb, from Super Fighter Team, and now Fonzie is next?
    someone stated at the time that it has to do with the quite higher number of games/money handled here. I do think Paprium has sold (mostly via pre-orders back then) in another level of amounts as any game from the companies you cited. My guess is the only ones that maybe could approach those figures are Beggar Prince (doubtful) and of course Pier Solar (but being and RPG...). Also don't forget Paprium was sold quite cheap at the time, when you compare to the last 5 years worth of homebrews (I paid 58 for it, vs 73 and 74 for Tanglewood and Demons, shipping included in all of them).

I would be better if they were a bit more transparent as how many carts have been made, or sold, but most of those companies, including WM, never give out such figures. It'd be great if they did once they sold out (but then again reprints, etc.).

I suspect sales figures are way lower than what we imagine for most Sega homebrews, and quite higher for Paprium than what could be expected after the whole drama unfolded.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Nameless One

paprium will get ported to "more modern platforms" via crowfunding

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nding_campaign

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

He could just throw the ROM up on Steam/modern systems as it is. This is just a lame attempt to squeeze the stupid for more dosh.

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post

Piko Interactive
    Mega Cat Studios
    PSCD Games
    Second Dimension
    Strictly Limited

Hmm. Strictly Limited - there's another one! I buy physical titles from online stores, and I understand they take time to produce.

I ordered both the Turrican games for my Switch there pretty much a year ago. Since then a retail release (of one game) has come and gone, and I have ignored it as I am waiting for my order from them.
    Still no sign, some recent update that it's still not ready - I can't remember now what the difference between their version or the retail one is, outside of I bought two carts from them, and the retail is on one - do I get more games?

Quote Originally Posted by cawley1 View Post
    Hmm. Strictly Limited - there's another one! I buy physical titles from online stores, and I understand they take time to produce.

I ordered both the Turrican games for my Switch there pretty much a year ago. Since then a retail release (of one game) has come and gone, and I have ignored it as I am waiting for my order from them.
    Still no sign, some recent update that it's still not ready - I can't remember now what the difference between their version or the retail one is, outside of I bought two carts from them, and the retail is on one - do I get more games?
    Stuff like this and the issue of Paprium is why I'm so cautious about buying from sites like these. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that when I finally caved in and decided to try ordering Paprium that their site was no longer taking orders. And also lucky that another member here was kind enough to sell me one of the copes they received for a fair price.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher nihilblack's Avatar

Well, it seems I did send a support ticket back in January (!!), and I received a reply today. My question was about the arcade mode and how to insert coins. The response is it isn't possible right now, and it would need some dedicated hardware atached to the GrandStick III. Maybe the most interesting thing about this is that Fonzie is still checking support messages.

Thanks for your patience.
    Yes, the free coin option got disabled for a funny reason but that's for the arcade cab, need a 5V USB power supply and a 12V coin system plugged-in.

We will give more details once we get our issues solved (with paypal).

PS: Lot more secrets to find!

Thanks again,
    Fonz

Quote Originally Posted by pepodmc View Post
    paprium will get ported to "more modern platforms" via crowfunding

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nding_campaign
    I'm pretty sure WM said that Paprium was to stay exclusive to the Genesis/MD but I'm glad it's getting released on modern platforms. It's good for WM and for anyone who missed out or isn't into retro hardware.

And I was happy to hear Fonzie's last comment:

"All difficulties do not apply to the ???? project, which is still on schedule thanks to the few individuals who dared circumvent the GAFAMs grip!"

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Well, it seems I did send a support ticket back in January (!!), and I received a reply today. My question was about the arcade mode and how to insert coins. The response is it isn't possible right now, and it would need some dedicated hardware atached to the GrandStick III. Maybe the most interesting thing about this is that Fonzie is still checking support messages.
    It is really good to see that Fonzie is responding to people.

Thanks for sharing these guys!
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training gamerfly1011's Avatar

Yeah Fonzie recently recently responded to my old one as well, so it's good to see he's catching up with it. I just sent in one for my black screen Paprium problem since some dude in France had the same problem as mine and it is a cart defect. Glad to see it possibly getting ported to consoles! 😁

From the time between backing this and when it finally arrived for me, I was done with keeping physical retro consoles and games. I just prefer emulation completely for old games, all I need is a good controller. The less physical clutter the better for me. I sold my copies of Paprium because I don't feel comfortable opening a game worth so much. I will get it for pc or switch though.

More crowdfunding? Starting to sound like a Ponzi scheme. Maybe they hope the hype of digital sales will float them enough money to fill the preorders. But if Paypal is not releasing the funds, what is the incentive?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

*Fonzie scheme

Thread Information