Quantcast

Page 954 of 960 FirstFirst ... 454854904944950951952953954955956957958 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 14395

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

for what it's worth, the sample of the Game Gear versions of the music tracks, are pretty hot.

Wildside Expert

Super excited about the Game Gear version .. but a little worried about the $1+ADD-ON "trick" as it seems like a way to side-step Kickstarter's pledge fulfillment requirements.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Super excited about the Game Gear version .. but a little worried about the $1+ADD-ON "trick" as it seems like a way to side-step Kickstarter's pledge fulfillment requirements.
    I did wonder about that but I think it's just a way to get a few extra bucks!

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    Out of curiosity, who here has hopped aboard the Fonzie love-train? I'm waiting for confirmation that the physical PS5 edition will include an actual game disc (and not just a code for a digital copy) before jumping on it.
    I am pretty sure by the time this comes out they will have stopped production of PS5 discs though?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I do want that Game Gear version but...

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I am pretty sure by the time this comes out they will have stopped production of PS5 discs though?
    LOL!! I can't believe people are once again giving Fonzie this much money for pre-orders. So far he's fulfilled maybe one promise out of ten. Where's the Paprium DLC, or the MegaWire, or Project N, or Project Z, or whatever else was supposed to be done by now? Why does it take $300k to port a Genesis game to modern hardware?

The Game Gear thing is cool, I'll admit I'd like to see it running. I just can't understand people giving him a quarter million when all he's shown is a few screenshots. There are people on SMSPower who have been making SMS and GG homebrews for the last 20 years, I'd rather give money to them than to a guy with a highly questionable track record of finishing projects.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    LOL!! I can't believe people are once again giving Fonzie this much money for pre-orders. So far he's fulfilled maybe one promise out of ten. Where's the Paprium DLC, or the MegaWire, or Project N, or Project Z, or whatever else was supposed to be done by now? Why does it take $300k to port a Genesis game to modern hardware?

The Game Gear thing is cool, I'll admit I'd like to see it running. I just can't understand people giving him a quarter million when all he's shown is a few screenshots. There are people on SMSPower who have been making SMS and GG homebrews for the last 20 years, I'd rather give money to them than to a guy with a highly questionable track record of finishing projects.
    To be fair, most of the pledges and funding are for physical items which are very expensive to produce. I followed the Thimbleweed Park development blog extensively and Ron Gilbert said over and over and over again that people need to realize that whatever people think it costs to port games and to create physical items, it's way more expensive than what people would think because of having to purchase all sorts of licenses and stuff to use to run the game and port it (the sound program FMOD cost the TP team $10,000 for the license).

Secondly, I'm not sure since Tulio isn't involved and he worked his butt off to be one of the key guys to make Pier Solar HD happen, but it seems to be mostly the same few behind the scenes people running this kickstarter as those who handled the Pier Solar KS? Pier Solar HD was a huge success and Watermelon delivered with that.

Also Tulio if you're reading this, thanks again for the quality of life patch for PS HD later on, the encounter rate and battle speed toggles in particular really transformed the game (although personally i think encounter rate toggle at 0 should've only been allowed in new game+ lol)

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    To be fair, most of the pledges and funding are for physical items which are very expensive to produce. I followed the Thimbleweed Park development blog extensively and Ron Gilbert said over and over and over again that people need to realize that whatever people think it costs to port games and to create physical items, it's way more expensive than what people would think because of having to purchase all sorts of licenses and stuff to use to run the game and port it (the sound program FMOD cost the TP team $10,000 for the license).

Secondly, I'm not sure since Tulio isn't involved and he worked his butt off to be one of the key guys to make Pier Solar HD happen, but it seems to be mostly the same few behind the scenes people running this kickstarter as those who handled the Pier Solar KS? Pier Solar HD was a huge success and Watermelon delivered with that.

Also Tulio if you're reading this, thanks again for the quality of life patch for PS HD later on, the encounter rate and battle speed toggles in particular really transformed the game (although personally i think encounter rate toggle at 0 should've only been allowed in new game+ lol)
    Hey I'm with you on Pier Solar HD, it really turned out well, a big improvement over the original. If Paprium on modern hardware fixes the gameplay issues I'll be the first to congratulate Fonzie for doing so. But if it's going to take several years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to ship physical products why not just sell a digital version? Call me old fashioned but I thought the point of games was to play them, not admire the packaging or get a free thong with purchase.

Whatever though, I don't care if people invest I'm just surprised to see this happening again.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I do want that Game Gear version but...
    It's only a decade! we'll be in our fifties!

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Hey I'm with you on Pier Solar HD, it really turned out well, a big improvement over the original. If Paprium on modern hardware fixes the gameplay issues I'll be the first to congratulate Fonzie for doing so. But if it's going to take several years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to ship physical products why not just sell a digital version? Call me old fashioned but I thought the point of games was to play them, not admire the packaging or get a free thong with purchase.

Whatever though, I don't care if people invest I'm just surprised to see this happening again.
    I would think that making enemy A.I. more aggressive would be one of the biggest improvements that Watermelon could make, as sometimes they just act like wandering punching bags for your characters. True widescreen support is a huge improvement too so that there's more action on screen.

Regarding Pier Solar HD, that game is a perfect example of how to remaster a 16-bit game for modern platforms. I would put it right up there with Wild Guns Reloaded and The Ninja Saviours: Return of the Warriors.

Also, want to mention too that without the Pier Solar HD kickstarter being so successful (for both Watermelon and backers), that there was no way this Paprium campaign would've been anywhere near close in terms of backers/funders as it is right now. There's a good chance that the campaign will reach it's $300,000 goal by the end of tomorrow (!!!!!) and there's still 54 days left on it's 60 day campaign. This is gonna eventually surpass $500,000 and I can't believe I'm typing this but $1,000,000 now looks to be a real possibility lol. I think the fact that both Pier Solar and Paprium already had existing Genesis/MegaDrive ports so players know what they're getting also made a huge difference to their crowdfunding being successful. And again, the Pier Solar HD port turned out GREAT so why isn't there reason to think that Paprium on modern platforms won't turn out great as well?
    Last edited by DrLight99; 10-27-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

I am very suspicious of the GG game. Fonzie is a C coder, C toolchains for Z80 are terribad. Maybe he contracts it out, in which case we probably hit the usual "Fonzie didn't pay me so I stopped working" case.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    I am very suspicious of the GG game. Fonzie is a C coder, C toolchains for Z80 are terribad. Maybe he contracts it out, in which case we probably hit the usual "Fonzie didn't pay me so I stopped working" case.
    Over on the SMS Power forum ichigobankai ( 2MINDS ) confirmed that he's in charge of the Game Gear port.

I'm sure something got lost in translation, I think he was actually answering the question "yes I have balls of steel" Hail to the King baby

248892571_1545674032467390_7590674104609189682_n.jpg

I was planning to only get the digital game, but I am considering getting the game gear game just to get the poster. I think the art is cute. I sure hope it's released digitally or dumped. I do not like playing with that small blurry screen.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Over on the SMS Power forum ichigobankai ( 2MINDS ) confirmed that he's in charge of the Game Gear port.
    OK, that's reassuring at least.

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    That's been my experience as well with the Z80, the compilers don't come near to taking full advantage of the architecture, unless you know how to work around the limitations. But yeah, I hope ichigobankai is getting paid in advance.

Thread Information