Quantcast

Page 960 of 966 FirstFirst ... 460860910950956957958959960961962963964 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 14483

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    Well it's now official. Paprium has been cracked and is playable in MAME.
    While awesome, it is a shame that the emulation does not emulate the buyers remorse depression. Once again robbing people of fully experiencing the game as it was meant to be experienced.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    the Paprium ROM is only 8 MB so all of Fonzie's claims of "it's really as big as a Neo Geo game" were bullshit.
    Well it looks like an early to mid Neo Geo game and if you are correct (and not even considering the compression, which is probably way higher than back-then games because of the hardware available to decompress on the fly), it's still bigger than Fatal Fury, Super Side Kicks, Burning Fight, Sengoku, Soccer Brawl, Magician Lord, etc etc

Also someone explained somewhere (sorry can't remember) why it was advertised as 80 meg when the rom is 64 meg, IIRC those 16 meg are "ram" where the assets are being decompressed or something.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Well it looks like an early to mid Neo Geo game and if you are correct (and not even considering the compression, which is probably way higher than back-then games because of the hardware available to decompress on the fly), it's still bigger than Fatal Fury, Super Side Kicks, Burning Fight, Sengoku, Soccer Brawl, Magician Lord, etc etc

Also someone explained somewhere (sorry can't remember) why it was advertised as 80 meg when the rom is 64 meg, IIRC those 16 meg are "ram" where the assets are being decompressed or something.
    Yeah it's in line with an early Neo Geo game in ROM size I just thought Fonzie said it was going to be more like one of the later NG games. Either way, it's not really an "80MEG" cart. RAM doesn't count toward a game's size.

Master of Shinobi

The dude even said at some point that once uncompressed it was equivalent to a 128 or more like a 256 meg game... anyway I can't remember if those 16 meg were audio assets or just some work ram (I think the latter) which obviously doesn't count as content. It's the same gimmick as with S2&K and S3&K where the total rom space advertised was never used jointly.

Anyway, beyond 16/24 meg it's hard to tell the size of a game by its looks etc (Paprium is 4 times bigger than SoR 2, Panorama Cotton is 20 meg but looks smaller, Alien 3 is only 4 meg etc etc)
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    While awesome, it is a shame that the emulation does not emulate the buyers remorse depression. Once again robbing people of fully experiencing the game as it was meant to be experienced.
    I actually really enjoy Paprium and think its a top tier brawler, but that comment did make me laugh 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Really? Does this look great to you? I guess we all have different expectations.
    I'm going with my own firsthand experience from playing Paprium.
    I've played a lot and it is a really fun game to play. If Paprium never changes I am very happy with it and I'm excited to have it.

If there comes an option to use the Mega Wire and update it, sure, I'll do that too. But it's not needed because it's a fully playable game right now; and it's also a blast to play.

I'm curious, who here is playing Paprium and not enjoying it?
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I'm curious, who here is playing Paprium and not enjoying it?
    Thanks for reminding me that I still haven't received my copy. You could always just lend me yours and I'll give you my opinion on it

Gold Gamer Goati Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

My video gets a lot of dislikes. I expected no less

Retrogaming lore videos on YouTube

Twitch partner at twitch.tv/goati_

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project: beating and documenting every single Mega Drive videogame.
    All regions, unlicensed, unreleased, homebrews...

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post
    My video gets a lot of dislikes. I expected no less
    What video are you talking about? Bit of a vague post. I've seen some of your stuff, I wouldn't consider them divisive in any way.

SEGA-Jorge

I was referring to the one linked above but it was just a lighthearted comment

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project: beating and documenting every single Mega Drive videogame.

Quick question: I thought the different region released of paprium had different language options. I opened and played my JP copy which I got for the spine artwork. Can anybody confirm I can change to English and how to do so if possible.

Master of Shinobi

Oh man, sorry to hear about your firing. You were doing so well too

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Haha. I thought that was the real Fonzie at first. Like, I expected it to be an existing video with Fonzie taken out of context, or one with altered audio.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

This MegaWire commercial is, uhhh, really something:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3386361
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Thread Information