Quantcast

Page 967 of 968 FirstFirst ... 467867917957963964965966967968 LastLast
Results 14,491 to 14,505 of 14509

Thread: Paprium: The Official Thread Mk 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training gamerfly1011's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    You never know if the buyer lives on some island in the middle of nowhere, where shipping costs are enormous.
    I'm sure even in that case, somewhere in the thousands of dollars sale. They can spare a little bit for shipping reasons.

Nameless One

Anyone jump onto the kickstarter for this? Seems it has gone quite the last month and a bit?
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Mega CD Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Alright, I know this is off-topic... I mentioned some time ago that I was about to make a new game, and yeah. I quit my job, so a new game is gonna happen!

I posted the details on this thread:
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...ake-a-new-game

I'm going to make a new game for an exciting Sega platform. Visit my Patreon page.

From the Kickstarter Comments 👇

"Crock

14 days ago

Just a quick thought about the next gen port of Paprium..

I hope people understand that these next gen console ports are completely reworked and adapted to modern display standards. Meaning 16:9 display ratio and higher resolutions than what the MD is capable of outputting resulting in a heavy upscale of every asset of the game or at the very least a readaptation of these assets (1080p, 4K)

Also the code must be completely rebuilt from the ground up and must comply with the original MD Paprium features and gamefeel : Controller feel, sprite animation speed, parallax scrolling, VFX, etc... This is an extremely tedious task. I wonder what engine they'll go with... Unity maybe?

They are also working on a specific scanline emulation that will allow modern flat pannels to correctly display what the game's VFX and lighting effects were supposed to look like via an original CRT display. I have no idea what that implies on technical stand point but I bet it's not cake.

Also you have to take into consideration that releasing a game on Sony or Nintendo consoles requires a full product submission via a specific pipeline (TRC) That pipeline requires Paprium to fully comply with the manufacturer's quality standards, achievements, compatibility with hardware devices, age rating process, full localization, manufacturer's naming protocols, etc.. This is a very tedious step that often leads to a submission fail and can eventually cost more than initially planned by WM. Heavy QA is required on this step too, and yes it costs money to have professional testers...."

And no updates from WM since April 28, 2022.

If Fonzie can pull off these various projects, I wonder how many years it will take?

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    From the Kickstarter Comments 👇

"Crock

14 days ago

Just a quick thought about the next gen port of Paprium..

I hope people understand that these next gen console ports are completely reworked and adapted to modern display standards. Meaning 16:9 display ratio and higher resolutions than what the MD is capable of outputting resulting in a heavy upscale of every asset of the game or at the very least a readaptation of these assets (1080p, 4K)

Also the code must be completely rebuilt from the ground up and must comply with the original MD Paprium features and gamefeel : Controller feel, sprite animation speed, parallax scrolling, VFX, etc... This is an extremely tedious task. I wonder what engine they'll go with... Unity maybe?

They are also working on a specific scanline emulation that will allow modern flat pannels to correctly display what the game's VFX and lighting effects were supposed to look like via an original CRT display. I have no idea what that implies on technical stand point but I bet it's not cake.

Also you have to take into consideration that releasing a game on Sony or Nintendo consoles requires a full product submission via a specific pipeline (TRC) That pipeline requires Paprium to fully comply with the manufacturer's quality standards, achievements, compatibility with hardware devices, age rating process, full localization, manufacturer's naming protocols, etc.. This is a very tedious step that often leads to a submission fail and can eventually cost more than initially planned by WM. Heavy QA is required on this step too, and yes it costs money to have professional testers...."

And no updates from WM since April 28, 2022.
    It sounds like the excuses have started already. Why does it need any of those things? Xeno Crisis got ported to modern platforms and they didn't need to re-do every asset. The pixel art looks just fine at higher res. Wouldn't it be easier to just run the game under emulation rather than rebuild everything in Unity?

I don't know what Sony requires of developers but at least on the Switch eShop it's easier than ever to get indie games published, maybe too easy in fact with some of the crapware that makes it through. Considering Pier Solar got ported to several platforms Fonzie should know the process by now.

If Fonzie can pull off these various projects, I wonder how many years it will take?
    I'm going with "never".

Edit: Oh, I get it now. Selling a Mega Drive game with stolen assets is one thing, putting that on the eShop is a new level of risk. Re-doing all the art will give Fonzie an excuse to remove the traced sprites without admitting to any wrongdoing.
    Last edited by axel; 08-27-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Not defending Fonzie in any way, things will probably never be delivered or at least years late, but there are some points to consider.

Nintendo's normal, cheaper (indie) license only gives you Unity. You can't code directly on the platform with it. At least that was the case a while back.
    Fonzie wasn't involved in Pier Solar HD ports to my knowledge, that was Tulio's side.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Not defending Fonzie in any way, things will probably never be delivered or at least years late, but there are some points to consider.

Nintendo's normal, cheaper (indie) license only gives you Unity. You can't code directly on the platform with it. At least that was the case a while back.
    Fonzie wasn't involved in Pier Solar HD ports to my knowledge, that was Tulio's side.
    Yes I remember Tulio did the work on Pier Solar HD, but surely somewhere on a WaterMelon hard drive there must be documentation of what he had to do to get it approved? Or not? I didn't realize the cheaper license only gives you Unity, considering the eShop is filled with emulated games. I would have thought $900k would go a long way toward paying licensing fees, or worst case just have an intermediary act as the publisher.

I just think it's odd the whole game needs to be rebuilt when almost nobody else is doing that. For example Tanglewood is on many platforms and I doubt Matt ported his entire assembly code to Unity.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Also the code must be completely rebuilt from the ground up and must comply with the original MD Paprium features and gamefeel : Controller feel, sprite animation speed, parallax scrolling, VFX, etc... This is an extremely tedious task.
    Ah, yes. Paprium being the pinnacle of gaming, its gameplay must be replicated with surgical precision. The slighest change to the gameplay would automatically make the game worse. Right?

I wonder what engine they'll go with... Unity maybe?
    So it's just a random guy guessing what they're going to do? Some things don't change. No news at all, so people are left with speculations.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Xeno Crisis got ported to modern platforms and they didn't need to re-do every asset. The pixel art looks just fine at higher res. Wouldn't it be easier to just run the game under emulation rather than rebuild everything in Unity?
    Exactly. Demons of Asteborg just relied on emulation, and it was fine. Xeno Crisis went the extra mile.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post

Remember, there's still the new game to be released in early 2022.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

Right now, http://amb96.magicalgamefactory.com/ says "OOOPS! STAY TUNED!"

Master of Shinobi

Yes, and the website has had so many informative updates for those who parted with $170, or $230 for the limited edition.
    http://amb96.magicalgamefactory.com/

Edit: Stifu beat me to it lol

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Was that the dolphin one? What about project N?

Oh, would be interesting to know the status for the subcontracted mini-Paprium for Game Gear.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Does ANYONE know if this game's OST has the greenlight to be uploaded on Youtube? (Not being hit with copyright marks) I like to give the entire OST a proper upload per track but can't find the OST available anywhere VGM or MP3 wise.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Aaand it's down... again.
    Screenshot_1.png

I'm really hoping for ProjectLittleMan to take off, as it seems to be the only way I'm ever going to play this damn game.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Rapha7 View Post
    Aaand it's down... again.
    Screenshot_1.png

I'm really hoping for ProjectLittleMan to take off, as it seems to be the only way I'm ever going to play this damn game.
    Patience. It won't be long now.

Thread Information