Quantcast

Thread: Firearm for SEGA CD

Default Firearm for SEGA CD

I was deleting some files from a comics torrent I downloaded when I found an ad for a SEGA CD game that I have never heard about, it is called Firearm and is suposed to be based on a Malibu Comics property.

A quick google found no references of any kind of this game being announced for the SEGA CD but I did find a mention for an unreleased Genesis/SNES version. Was it known around here?

Last edited by ReBirFh; 12-28-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Wow, that's awesome. Nice find. I've never heard of a Sega CD version.

Master of Shinobi

Never heard of this one at all. 20 minutes of FMV from the Firearm movie! A quick Google suggests the "movie" was only 35 minutes anyway.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Very cool, I've never heard of this one either in terms of a Sega CD release.

They mention Ultraverse in the ad though which was a late SegaCD release, so maybe Sony got a couple IPs from Malibu and were working on doing several comic book games. I know Ultraverse Prime kind of limped out the door at release, it was even bundled with Microcosm.

The ad is a bit heavy on box within a box format though no?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Whoa nice find!

I believe this is one of the many games based on the Ultraverse that were canned when publisher Malibu Comics were aquired by Marvel and the latter shut down the video game business (Malibu Interactive, who had handled design and contracting for the Ultraverse Prime game), which lead to the cancellations of video game sub licensees like Imagesoft. IIRC, Malibu Interactive had several more games planned based on the Malibu IPs before the hammer came down post-acquisition.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Thread Information