Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sega Mega CD 1 Repairs in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    Who did that for you? Corey Haim? Debbie Harry?

No sadly, they were busy on Double Switch. Double Switched also worked their magic on my Pal Mega Drive and Pal Saturn too before modded took over for my XBox PS2
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Death Adder's minion

Well, I am really chuffed today! I bagged all this bundle in a mega bargain on eBay so very happy !!!!

Not 1 rare Dev CD Unit but 3!! Yeah, I know the PC SCSI and other PC boards are missing but makes a great display piece! Will try to get one working in as a standalone unit and prob sell the other 2 on.

This is nice to know 1 unit it was once originally owned by Sega!!!

Death Adder's minion

eBay purchase delivered today totally trashed mainboard, I love a challenge but this is beyond worth even trying to repair as no idea what else the idiot forked! Why the F@ck do people do this crap to boards? If you don't know what you're doing don't try fixing it and leave it to somebody that does FFS!! Love the re-cap job too!

Would have had a go at repairing till I noticed the 2 lifted pins on IC2. I hate running wires all over the board as some twat has already done on this, would mean me having to lift IC2 to fix forked traces, Nah!!!

Awesome pick ups
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Those dev units look super slick! Jealous you were able to grab so many even if they have issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Death Adder's minion

I was so lucky! The Dev units have not been butchered like the Mega-CD 1 I bought above, so hopefully ill get the other 2 of the 3 working :-) the one that powered up prob just needs a new Belt as not ejecting, that's a keeper as it once belonged to Sega! All will need a Mainboard re-cap! ill start a new post on the refurbs once I get time to pull them apart!

Death Adder's minion

How not to install a save game Battery!! obviously whoever fitted this was not aware you can get a rechargeable 2032!

Thread Information