Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2021 Haul Thread. Let's see what you got this year!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

First pickups of 2021!

Last week, I went to a pawn shop close to my work for the first time in a long time. A while back, they moved all of the games behind the counter, and because of the glare from all of the lights, it was really hard to see what they had. After COVID, they wouldn't let anyone behind the counter to get a closer look at the tltles. This time, I noticed the games returned to the display case where they used to have them, and it is much easier to see everything. I looked at some of the games and settled on three that I wanted, and the employee said five bucks for the three of them.

I've been interested in those two original Xbox games for a while, but I'm not familiar with the 360 game. I figured I could give it to that friend of mine who buys every Atlus game he can find if I don't like it.

This week, I stopped by a thrift store as they happened to be socking a shelf with games. I snagged these for $2.50 a piece:

That completes my Mobile Light Force/Castle Shikigami collection.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I haven’t seen that Castle of Shikigami III game in forever. I’ve been wanting to get it for awhile. $2.50 is a really good steal.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Gotta agree! Shikigami III for $3 is a great price, and it's also got Reika from Time Gal as a cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Yeah, I was stoked when I saw Castle of Shikigami III put on the shelf, which is a game I've been trying to keep an eye out for a while. I also didn't realize that Reika from Time Gal had a cameo in this game. I liked everything about Time Gal. Well, except for playing it. (Does that count as a drawback?)

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I feel sorry for the poor sap that probably had his Wii games given to the thrift store while he was off to college, or joined the military. My friend’s uncle had his old classic truck sold by his parents while he was off in the military, because they’d thought that it was rusty old piece of junk taking up space. It was the 60s, so they’d sold it to someone for a measly $50.

When I went off to Arizona for tech school, my parents had moved to a different town. My stupid sister and her husband moved into the house, before my mom had moved everything out. My mom did manage to save my yearbooks, but I never saw my Star Wars Trading Cards, records, or early 80s’ video game mags again. I wouldn’t be surprised if she and her loser husband had pawned my records.
    Last edited by gamevet; 01-18-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I feel sorry for the poor sap that probably had his Wii games given to the thrift store while he was off to college, or joined the military. My friend’s uncle had his old classic truck sold by his parents while he was off in the military, because they’d thought that it was rusty old piece of junk taking up space. It was the 60s, so they’d sold it to someone for a measly $50.

When I went off to Arizona for tech school, my parents had moved to a different town. My stupid sister and her husband moved into the house, before my mom had moved everything out. My mom did manage to save my yearbooks, but I never saw my Star Wars Trading Cards, records, or early 80s’ video game mags again. I wouldn’t be surprised if she and her loser husband had pawned my records.
    Yep, families have a great talent for throwing out things that are actually valuable and keeping worthless garbage, at least from my experience.

I heard on the radio last week that some kid financed his medical school education by selling his childhood Pokemon cards.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I've been pretty lucky that my parents don't really get rid of stuff without asking me. I moved out of their house maybe a decade ago as well, and up until recently still had a large number of items still in my childhood bedroom (but admittedly a lot of it is/was junk). I do wonder if my Mom lost a lot of her stuff as a kid because she is probably closer to the opposite end, but not a total hoarder. I think the only stuff I have left there are some very nice CRT monitors in the basement at this point.

It was pretty crazy when I went back a couple years ago and pulled a box out of the closet that still had all my N64 boxes and the like, they were almost perfectly mint sitting in their Toys R Us bags. I knew they were there but hadn't looked at them in long time and forgot how good a condition I'd kept them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Thread Information