Quantcast

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: The 2021 Haul Thread. Let's see what you got this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of NiGHTS tbh and never played the PS3 version, but if it's anything like the 360 version it's not really in the same class as the Saturn game. I loved BLiNX mind and really enjoyed Balan its looks and feels like a Platform game based in the NiGHTS Universe
    F

Not too sure on the 360 version but this game ran like smooth buttery silk on the PS3. I had originally mastered this game on the Saturn with perfect score runs so yeah I think it's safe for me to judge this game runs amazing on the PS3. The Saturn version was fun but god damn it looks dated as hell.

You're not gonna convince me that Balan is a game that even comes close to NiGHTS in terms of quality. Naka just has lost his touch over the years.
    05/05/15

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Billy Hatcher wasnít all that great either.

Who was Balan made for, children? It even rips off a song from Mario Odyssey.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5rs0jjkw8
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-10-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Now that is fucking nice. Take good care of those controllers.
    Do you know if a repair/replacement solution was found for the controllers? I have a Neo CD and remember there was something about it at teh drama club.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    If youíre not a big fan of Nights, then why would you use that as a reason to like Balan?

Edit*

* Just checked out a video of the game. Oh, hell no! It looks like some crap European Amiga platformer that was converted to a 3D world.
    The game claims to have 80 costumes but there are really only 10 power-ups. Rest are redundant. Some of them are just designed to randomly kill you. Some not by design but just being a bad game, you can use to skip entire levels by flying over them to the end. Those Balan mini-games you don't have to press anything actually despite the game telling you. Yeah, the overly simple controls make things so much worse. Square made an entire studio for Naka for this game. It bombed heavily. Sales and reception. This is the last time Naka is going to attempt a platformer as well. Good. NiGHTS sucks. Billy sucks. Rodea sucks. Balan sucks. The guy is really overhyped. He was a good programmer but a lousy director overall. Some exceptions.

EDIT not only does it rip off Mario music like you posted but I think it ripped off The Wonderful 101 music when getting a new costume. lol wow
    Last edited by Leynos; 05-10-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    The game claims to have 80 costumes but there are really only 10 power-ups. Rest are redundant. Some of them are just designed to randomly kill you. Some not by design but just being a bad game, you can use to skip entire levels by flying over them to the end. Those Balan mini-games you don't have to press anything actually despite the game telling you. Yeah, the overly simple controls make things so much worse. Square made an entire studio for Naka for this game. It bombed heavily. Sales and reception. This is the last time Naka is going to attempt a platformer as well. Good. NiGHTS sucks. Billy sucks. Rodea sucks. Balan sucks. The guy is really overhyped. He was a good programmer but a lousy director overall. Some exceptions.

EDIT not only does it rip off Mario music like you posted but I think it ripped off The Wonderful 101 music when getting a new costume. lol wow
    I like Burning Rangers and Nights. They aren't the greatest games ever, but they had a lot of good gameplay elements that are quite unique and fun.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I do like Burning Rangers. Esp the OST.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Thanks, fellas. I got one from a local shop about 10 years ago, but it was in rough shape and it stopped reading games after maybe a year, so I was pumped to come across this one. Games were a heck of a lot cheaper back then though, sheesh. Looking over ebay, it seems like half the library goes for over $100 nowadays.
    NeoCD seems to get a really big price bump when the Polymega Beta units started shipping and people could see how effective they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Not too sure on the 360 version but this game ran like smooth buttery silk on the PS3.
    Nothing to do with the frame rate (the Saturn version was all over the shop anyway) It didn't control as well on the 360; very much like how Super MonkeyBall didn't control well on the Xbox, to the Cube version.
    Plus it was a cheap HD remake by Sega China the visuals just don't compare (for me).

It's just one of those weird Japanese games that I like even when it has a load of issues. Sort of like Wolf Team Mega Drive games. I really enjoyed Balan even with all its issues.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Btw I know you meant it as a joke but...

Time to upgrade your console
    This is a really shitty thing to say seeing as most people have been trying to do just that but the shortages, price-gouging and overall lack of systems have made this next to impossible to get a PS5 or Series X. I know you have both systems but try and be a little more understanding of the members here who haven't had the luck you've had in obtaining not one but both consoles.
    05/05/15

Thereís nothing in that Nights video that would hint to the game having control issues. It looks like the guy is getting super responsive controls.

Thereís nothing about Balan that looks like playing it on Series X would make it a better gaming experience. An Xbox 360 could run a turd like that. Starfox Adventures was pushing better visual effects than that game.

Itís just TA being TA.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-11-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Btw I know you meant it as a joke but...

? I did and made it clear. But for it's worth sorry; I had issues with my own Pre Order of the PS 5, but that's just the case with consoles sometimes, remember when 360's were being sold for over £1,000 on eBay due to MS not making enough and that was the case for months. SEGA took months to sort out the supply of the DC in Japan. I even booked the day off work to make sure I would be able to get my Pre Order in for the Series X and was online from 6:AM waiting to strike. So glad I did too, the best console I've owned since the 90 consoles
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Time to upgrade your console
    Dreamcast is the most powerful thing ever made. It can broadcast Dreams and thinks. A console from the 9999th generation. Hard to upgrade past that yo!

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Billy Hatcher wasnít all that great either.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5rs0jjkw8
    This is what I mean about dickish YouTubers without the 1st clue of their gaming history. Oddworld and no doubt others, made popular being able to control an enemy AI and forget Mario Oddesy, James Pond 2 allowed the player to extend the body of the player.

Thereís nothing in that Nights video that would hint to the game having control issues
    Since you love YouTube

To be serious for a moment, in just the same way Super Monkeyball didn't quite control or feel right on the OG Xbox and lots pad and I was always looking to go back to the Cube version.
    NiGHTS on the 360 didn't quite control or feel right and was looking to go back to the Saturn version.

Dreamcast is the most powerful thing ever made. It can broadcast Dreams and thinks. A console from the 9999th generation. Hard to upgrade past that yo!
    All that power and it can't keep the time and date . Never mind the dream was nice while it lasted.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Dreamcast knows M theory and that time doesn't exist in a linear fashion. It's still 1998 Somewhere!

Dreamcast knows M theory and that time doesn't exist in a linear fashion. It's still 1998 Somewhere!
    Dreamcast was ahead of its time, therefor it did not care what time it was.

Thread Information