Quantcast

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 168

Thread: The 2021 Haul Thread. Let's see what you got this year!

  1. #151
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,925
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    ? I did and made it clear. But for it's worth sorry; I had issues with my own Pre Order of the PS 5, but that's just the case with consoles sometimes, remember when 360's were being sold for over £1,000 on eBay due to MS not making enough and that was the case for months. SEGA took months to sort out the supply of the DC in Japan. I even booked the day off work to make sure I would be able to get my Pre Order in for the Series X and was online from 6:AM waiting to strike. So glad I did too, the best console I've owned since the 90 consoles
    I'm not really super pissed at you but seeing as I now finally own a PS5 I sat and played with it for a long time and while I was enjoying it, I did get pissed at the poor handling of the market on this thing. Mainly my loathing hatred for scalpers more then anything. Hell I didn't even tell anyone I know in real life I got one outside of Gamevet and that's it.

    It's an amazing system but fuck Sony and retailers for letting this and the Xbox Series X systems fall into the shithole of a 2ndary market that it's in now.
    05/05/15

  2. #152
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,516
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Yeah, and you should probably offer me something for my PS5 Demonís Souls thatís just collecting dust on my shelf. I donít think itís your kind of game though.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  3. #153
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,219
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    The key with any new console is to do whatever it takes to buy it on launch day, preferably more than one. Then don't connect it to the Internet for any reason, even if they tell you it won't work otherwise. Version 1.0 of the firmware is always the easiest one to jailbreak and if you decide you don't like it there will always be someone willing to pay a premium for a unit with a low serial number.

  4. #154
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,516
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    I can hold out, because my PC runs those games a hell of a lot better than those consoles. I only want a PS5 for improved PS4 games and for the Sony exclusives. The scalpers can suck my D.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  5. #155
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm not really super pissed at you but seeing as I now finally own a PS5 I sat and played with it for a long time and while I was enjoying it, I did get pissed at the poor handling of the market on this thing. Mainly my loathing hatred for scalpers more then anything. Hell I didn't even tell anyone I know in real life I got one outside of Gamevet and that's it.

    It's an amazing system but fuck Sony and retailers for letting this and the Xbox Series X systems fall into the shithole of a 2ndary market that it's in now.
    It's hardly an issue for just SONY or MS. Graphics cards have been affected and even Nintendo; Nintendo Switch had also been going for a song on eBay when supplies of the non light units dried up.
    It also happened with the 360 too and that began eBay sellers making a profit out of people's dashed hopes on new consoles . I alone was offered £800 in cash for my 2nd hand £300 XBox 360 at Christmas 2005 with a person in work so desperate to get their kid a 360 for Christmas . A bloody Amazon driver helped himself to my pre order of SONY VR unit and I remember even the Aim controller going for loads of eBay once....



    I made sure to get the Pre Orders in and if not for a silly mix up for my credit card expiring, I would have had no issues getting my PS V Pre-order in either. I don't blame the corps we're in a pandemic and it's been hard for everyone.
    I just would have liked more shops to only allow pre-orders for the Series X or PSV, if you had previously bought a new console from them before, that would have helped to stop some of the scalpels, but you're be never going to stop it.
    Me and 7 friends have a battle every year to get our NFL Europe tickets, each and every year.


    This was the last one, hope this years is back on

    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  6. #156
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,516
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Switches are going to be in short supply, because Nintendo is preparing for their upgraded version of the console. Nvidia ceased production of the Tegra X1 chip a couple of months ago. Still, I had no problem getting a Switch @ 3 months ago.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  7. #157
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,925
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, and you should probably offer me something for my PS5 Demonís Souls thatís just collecting dust on my shelf. I donít think itís your kind of game though.
    I was actually thinking about buying the game since a friend tried to talk me into it.
    05/05/15

  8. #158
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,219
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Switches are going to be in short supply, because Nintendo is preparing for their upgraded version of the console. Nvidia ceased production of the Tegra X1 chip a couple of months ago. Still, I had no problem getting a Switch @ 3 months ago.
    Nvidia did not cease production of the Mariko chips. Two months ago there was an Internet rumor that Nvidia would stop producing them sometime in 2021, but so far that has not occurred. The current Switch supply problems are due to the global semiconductor shortage. That's why I don't see the Pro launching right now. Why kill your own momentum on a top selling system when you have no chance of meeting demand for the new one? Spring 2022 would be a much better time for new hardware.

    The Switch that's getting harder to find however is the V1 (Erista chipset). Those are becoming highly collectible if they're in grade A condition.

  9. #159
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,516
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Nvidia did not cease production of the Mariko chips. Two months ago there was an Internet rumor that Nvidia would stop producing them sometime in 2021, but so far that has not occurred. The current Switch supply problems are due to the global semiconductor shortage. That's why I don't see the Pro launching right now. Why kill your own momentum on a top selling system when you have no chance of meeting demand for the new one? Spring 2022 would be a much better time for new hardware.

    The Switch that's getting harder to find however is the V1 (Erista chipset). Those are becoming highly collectible if they're in grade A condition.
    That's what Nintendo does. There were at least 3 revisions ( I know there were probably more) of the Nintendo DS and nearly as many with the 3DS, with the New 3DS XL having the improved processor. Obviously, this current model of the Switch will have a replacement by 2022. CES would be the time to showcase such a product.

    I see Switches at Walmart all of the time and I got my Switch from a Best Buy back @ February. I saw 3 switch Lites and 3 of these Animal Crossing Edition Switches today.




    The chip shortage you speak of comes from TSMC in Taiwan. It's not just the pandemic that is causing the slowdown; it's shortages and restrictions of water that are occurring in the country due to a massive water drought. Nvidia's Tegra X1 is not a part of that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-13-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  10. #160
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,219
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    That's what Nintendo does. There were at least 3 revisions ( I know there were probably more) of the Nintendo DS and nearly as many with the 3DS, with the New 3DS XL having the improved processor. Obviously, this current model of the Switch will have a replacement by 2022. CES would be the time to showcase such a product.

    I see Switches at Walmart all of the time and I got my Switch from a Best Buy back @ February. I saw 3 switch Lites and 3 of these Animal Crossing Edition Switches today.

    The chip shortage you speak of comes from TSMC in Taiwan. It's not just the pandemic that is causing the slowdown; it's shortages and restrictions of water that are occurring in the country due to a massive water drought. Nvidia's Tegra X1 is not a part of that.
    It may not be apparent in stores yet but Nintendo's own president says they can't meet their production goals:
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...ch-production/

    Why launch new hardware when you're still trying to ramp up production for the current gen? It makes no sense. It would be nice if it happened though. The Switch is fun but kind of quaint, makes me feel like I'm back on a 2007ish PC with the uneven framerates and shimmering pixels.

  11. #161
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    It may not be apparent in stores yet but Nintendo's own president says they can't meet their production goals:
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...ch-production/

    Why launch new hardware when you're still trying to ramp up production for the current gen? It makes no sense. It would be nice if it happened though. The Switch is fun but kind of quaint, makes me feel like I'm back on a 2007ish PC with the uneven framerates and shimmering pixels.
    Exactly.

    I have to say that the PS V is a little disappointing after all the hype. The UI is a step backwards from the PS4, everything now needs a few more button presses from before, the lack of allowing you to add multiple storage options is a complete joke
    Sackboy is amazing and so is AstroBot mind.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  12. #162
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,516
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    It may not be apparent in stores yet but Nintendo's own president says they can't meet their production goals:
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...ch-production/

    Thatís still over 2 million units a month. I donít think even when everything was right in the world, that AMD could get that many chips out of TSMC for the PS5 and Xbox series consoles, while also providing their desktop CPUs and GPUs. Walmart just flat out stopped shipping those consoles to stores, because theyíd sell out online.

    Nintendo didnít have to release those special edition Switches either, just to generate sales, but they did anyways. They do whatever they want, wether it makes sense, or not.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  13. #163
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,516
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    I've purchased quite a few items these past 2 weeks.


    I picked up Super Lucky's Tale for $17 at Walmart. I think Walmart is also clearing out any remaining 3DS games they have. I got both of these titles from 2 different locations for $9.80 each. I also picked up this Gamecube Wavebird clone from a MicroCenter for $25. The z button is a little stiff, but the rest of the controller seems to be just fine.




    I got a message from Movie Trading Company, about their Memorial Day weekend sale, where you can buy 2, get one free. I think that the prices of these items are about $5 too much for each, but I still saved about $10.






    I had a half hour to kill, before I could check in on my next job site, so I decided to visit a nearby Half-Price-Books. I saw this Marvel vs Capcom 3 guide from Brady and couldn't resist picking it up.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  14. #164
    ESWAT Veteran Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    6,347
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    I love Mario Kart 7 on my 3DS. Have you got the SEGA 3D classics for the 3DS gamevet? It's awesome

    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  15. #165
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    9,516
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    I got that last year. Iím currently at @ 25 games for the 3DS.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. steveuw1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •