Quantcast

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2021 Haul Thread. Let's see what you got this year!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I got a $500 Best Buy gift card from my wife for Christmas, with the idea that I could buy a PS5 when it was more available. Obviously, that's not happening anytime soon. I made a trade with BonusKun for the spare physical copy Grandia collection he had and I decided I might as well get a Switch, since I probably won't be able to get a PS5 for another 6 months. I also picked up a Pro COntroller and this cool Zelda Switch portable pouch.

Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

^Nice! Enjoy! You might also like Octopath Traveler. If you need suggestions feel free to ask. Switch is also a good system for old arcade games esp Shmups as well.

For me. It's a mail call. First time trying this RPG series and for DMC4 I wanted to play the special edition. Never finished it on 360 but did like it.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I got a $500 Best Buy gift card from my wife for Christmas, with the idea that I could buy a PS5 when it was more available. Obviously, that's not happening anytime soon. I made a trade with BonusKun for the spare physical copy Grandia collection he had and I decided I might as well get a Switch, since I probably won't be able to get a PS5 for another 6 months. I also picked up a Pro COntroller and this cool Zelda Switch portable pouch.

Can't rep it seems like. Always a nice thing to see tho. Make sure you pass out your friendcode when you finally get set up.

Edit: Just realized that I don't see the card that came with the game. Hope you didn't throw it away. >_>
    Last edited by BonusKun; 02-03-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    05/05/15

Itís safe.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I don't think I should have to mention it but do not buy any 3rd party USB items for the Switch.
    05/05/15

I think that the only 3rd party peripheral I had for my Wii U was the After Glow pad that came with it from the previous owner.

I did pick up Collection of Mana today. It was only $20 at Best Buy.

I think that the only 3rd party peripheral I had for my Wii U was the After Glow pad that came with it from the previous owner.

I did pick up Collection of Mana today. It was only $20 at Best Buy.
    Damn good purchase but make sure you get Trials of Mana also. I was super pissed how shitty the remake of secret of Mana was but this one was very well done.
    05/05/15

Iím picking up Linkís Awakening today. It will use the last remaining $65 on my gift card. Down to the pennies.

Iím picking up Linkís Awakening today. It will use the last remaining $65 on my gift card. Down to the pennies.
    Hell yeah my man. Btw post your friendcode eventually. We're all waiting!
    05/05/15

Trials of Mana is one of my fave games from last year.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Children of Mana, I think it was called, was the last one in the series that I played. It was on the DS. I really got into it, it was a lot of fun.

I've still got the original Secret one on the SNES, bought it probably close to 20 years ago now, and it's a solid game from what I remember, I just haven't played it in ages. So many games, so little time. I should bust that one back out.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Hell yeah my man. Btw post your friendcode eventually. We're all waiting!
    I'm still trying to figure out this console. I can't exit a game, like I could on the 3DS or Wii U. I popped out the Link's Awakening cart and powered it down. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

I'm still trying to figure out this console. I can't exit a game, like I could on the 3DS or Wii U. I popped out the Link's Awakening cart and powered it down. I'll give it another go tomorrow.
    Home button. Main menu press X to close game. + button for other options like updated or getting coins for your purchase, etc. It's also really easy to set up accounts for other regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Home button. Main menu press X to close game. + button for other options like updated or getting coins for your purchase, etc. It's also really easy to set up accounts for other regions.
    It's very visible on the Wii U Pro Controller and the 3DS; It's right there on the bottom. I have the pro controller for the Switch and I'm hitting all of the small buttons, trying to figure out which one is home, and none of them respond right. Looking at the controller right now, in a well lit room, and the button for home (that I was pressing at the time) didn't do anything. I don't know why they changed up how the home button works with this console.

I dunno, I just press it and it works. Turning it on is weird tho as you have to hold it down. The home button is below the + button. Has a house on it. For some reason, they never enabled it to light up on Switch but does light up when connected to Steam.

Thread Information