Quantcast

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2021 Haul Thread. Let's see what you got this year!

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

You keep buying all of those Switch games and some around here might start accusing you of being a Nintendo fanboy. :P

I decided to buy Final Fantasy III from a guy on Ebay. The price was reasonable ($12 shipping was not) and the cart was in pretty decent shape. I thought I'd still had the box an manual for it, but it turns out that I only had the manual now, and for some odd reason, it was in a case with the map from Mystic Quest and the original Final Fantasy. When I was notified that the item had finally shipped, I'd noticed that it was coming from Missoula Montana, where my brother lives. I joked with him (told it better be a legit cart) about him selling it to me. It gets even funnier, because when I powered up the cart to see if the saves were still good, one of the save names (Joe) was the name of my brother. I had to send him a picture and joke with him about it more.

I was up in Denton Texas on Thursday. I had some time between jobs, so I went to the Mall there, to check things out. This guy had a videogame store and I decided to check it out. His prices weren't great, but I thought I'd support a brick and mortar place of business. He had this clean RR64 cart, and I already had the box and manual from when I'd owned the game a long time ago. Now its complete and almost like new.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-09-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I sat down & gave the game a serious try. It's terrible. Not like garbage terrible but it's not as fun as I thought it should be considering Naka had a hand in it. New Super Lucky's Tale is much better overall then this game.
    If you played the demo on the Switch it's terrible. If you played it on PS V, Series X it's such a different game. Its much better on the One X too.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Played it on PS4 and it was terrible. Never touched the Switch demo. Funny the demo still sits on my PS4.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Played it on PS4 and it was terrible. Never touched the Switch demo. Funny the demo still sits on my PS4.
    Time to upgrade your console
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    If you played the demo on the Switch it's terrible. If you played it on PS V, Series X it's such a different game. Its much better on the One X too.
    Played it on the PS5. I really wanted to like the game TA. I really did but it's just lacking very very badly. I don't usually hate on stuff from Naka but this one did it.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Played it on the PS5. I really wanted to like the game TA. I really did but it's just lacking very very badly. I don't usually hate on stuff from Naka but this one did it.
    At least you tried. I think it's like NiGHTS, BLiNX where they aren't amazing have issues, but just feel and look different enough to warrant a playthrough and where Ohshima-san art direction is amazing along with the lovely music
    Balan for me plays and feels like a Platform version of NiGHTS.

Really enjoyed it along with Sackboy A Big Adventure, which for me is the best platform game I've played in years
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Here's the thing. NiGHTS on PS3 is a better game then Balan. That's about all I can say.
    05/05/15

I'm not the biggest fan of NiGHTS tbh and never played the PS3 version, but if it's anything like the 360 version it's not really in the same class as the Saturn game. I loved BLiNX mind and really enjoyed Balan its looks and feels like a Platform game based in the NiGHTS Universe
    F
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

If youíre not a big fan of Nights, then why would you use that as a reason to like Balan?

Edit*

* Just checked out a video of the game. Oh, hell no! It looks like some crap European Amiga platformer that was converted to a 3D world.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05-10-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Just picked up a Neo CD. It was just too clean to pass up. Not quite new in box because the seal was broken, but the controllers and booklets were still sealed in their little bags with original tape. The console and wires had been opened, but it is so clean, I wonder if it was ever played with. And whenever you see these controllers nowadays, the clicky d-pads are usually messed up, so I'm very happy about this.

It's alive!

Now that is fucking nice. Take good care of those controllers.
    05/05/15

Iím jelly. Thatís a sweet pickup!

Thanks, fellas. I got one from a local shop about 10 years ago, but it was in rough shape and it stopped reading games after maybe a year, so I was pumped to come across this one. Games were a heck of a lot cheaper back then though, sheesh. Looking over ebay, it seems like half the library goes for over $100 nowadays.

Thread Information