Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Winner Is You 2021 Edition

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    TBD on the Professor's involvement with the Claus...
    I appreciate you bringing it up nonetheless.

10. Darkwatch - PS2

Definitely not a game you play for the story, writing, etc., but it was enjoyable for me regardless. I also had a lot of fun with the boss fights but wasn't a fan of the jumping. It could have used more enemy variety, but I think the game was short enough where this isn't that big of an issue. I looked through the games I have completed since 2017, and the closest thing to an FPS was Maken X, and this made me want to start playing them again.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

I just finished

Nero/Dante
    Vergil
    Lady/Trish

Campaigns in DMC4 SE. Love this game. PLayed the original version on 360 but this version is a massive upgrade. I have the Asia English physical release. Sadly unlike Switch games. English copy does not mean US DLC will work. Oh well. This game has aged in some ways but it's still great fun. Seems a little humble next to Bayonetta which came out a few short years later. DMC5 improves on some things but DMC4 does some things better. Love these kinds of games. It took us from 2008 to 2019 to get another DMC game. Bayonetta 2 is 2014 and still waiting on Bayonetta 3. At least NG collection and Scarlet Nexus next month!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Metal64's Avatar

I think that the only game that I beat this year was jojo venture

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Still the best Olympics video game I've ever played, Capcom's Gold Medal Challenge. Seriously, did Capcom make a bad game on the NES? It features a ton of events, and a strategic marathon that you periodocally adjust in stages throughout the overall game. Some of the events are just button mashers, but many involve timing and strategy. Plus, Hungary is a playable country which is rarely the case in these types of games. My grandparents immigrated to the US from Hungary. I played through it a couple times over the past week in preparation for the upcoming Tokyo games. I also picked up Olympic Gold something or other on the Genesis recently, so I'll be playing that one soon as well.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Cotton Reboot

Great remake and the original game is in there as well.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Just finished MX 2002 as the first game in my moto-quest to play every MX game in my collection. Decent game. Little on the easy side. Riding feels pretty good, if a little floaty. But there's definitely technique and mastery to a good flow. Some of the tracks were kind of bleh, but a few of them were pretty fun. Graphics, pretty good for a Xbox launch game, can't complain. The freestyle side of the game, I never really got the hang of it. Not a required aspect for completion. It was okay to mess around with. Soundtrack kinda meh, but I actually do kinda enjoy Fat Lip as a clearly Beastie Boys inspired song that was in a lot of early 2000s sports and racing games.

Next I'll be jumping over to everyone's favorite love-to-hate it, Motocross Championship for the 32X! Already tried it out. I don't like the fighting elements, but there is some strategy to this game... think I'm already seeing what a lot of people fail to see in the game. Clearly the original owner of this copy was a fan, he's got every password for every track in all CCs written down in the notes of the manual! So obviously, this game is playable and was well-like at one point. We'll see how it goes.

Thread Information