Quantcast

Thread: GG Aleste 3

Default GG Aleste 3

Just found this detailed review of the game. Impressive graphics and you can turn on or off the system limitations.

I think they should have included the real Aleste 1 for the MSX instead of the toned down MS port, and Aleste 2, the best of the series, but they're probably planning a second compilation like Konami did with Castlevania.

I ordered the PS4 version a few weeks ago and GG Aleste 3 was my main reason for that lol
    Please check out my YouTube channel

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Received the Switch version recently (figured it would be appropriate as there are game gear games),and not having ever played any of these 8bit entries, I'm extremely impressed by all of them.

Perhaps I wasn't giving the MS and GG enough credit in their ability to run shooters at a decent intensity, but these games aren't really cut down much at all compared to typical 16 bit shmups. Sure, the original two GG Alestes are really easy - I cleared II on my first credit - but they are designed for handheld play so fair enough.

The usual excellent M2 gadgets with useful information like weapon icon descriptions and such elevate the games even higher.

Then of course, there is GG Aleste 3. I haven't played this seriously yet, but from a cursory look, it seems fantastic. As far as I'm concerned, the way M2 create new games to authentic hardware spec is high art. Not just some retro styled homage, but the real deal, from a team with a serious pedigree.

And all this plus a brand new Aleste on the way for current gen, Aleste Branch.

People already extracted the rom but the encryption is high level, just like Super Turrican DC.

Thread Information