Quantcast

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Zilog and Moto Youtube channel

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert zilogandmoto's Avatar

In this week's video, Sega tries to save you a trip to the local pool hall...or church basement.

Rocky: I see three of him out there.
    Paulie: Hit the one in the middle!

Well, Andre Agassi Tennis time again...yay. But, believe it or not, I gave the Master System version a better rating than the Genesis version. Take a look to see why!

This week, I went with Chakan after it was suggested via the youtube comments as a Halloween themed video. I wanted to like it, I really did, but it's just far too hard. I'm not sure what the developers were thinking, or if they were thinking.

Wildside Expert

Always liked the look of this one, never took the plunge and played it though.
    Looking at the footage it's got the usual terrible Sega of America grainy graphics and horrid GEMS music - why was American game development so far behind Japan and Europe in the 80's and 90's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    Always liked the look of this one, never took the plunge and played it though.
    Looking at the footage it's got the usual terrible Sega of America grainy graphics and horrid GEMS music - why was American game development so far behind Japan and Europe in the 80's and 90's ?
    Honestly, my complaints were not about the graphics and sound. I thought they were both fine, especially for cramming things into an 8 Mb cart. The issues I had were more with the gameplay, with far too many respawning enemies, no health pickups, and loose control.

This week, I reviewed a game that I probably should have done for Halloween instead of Chakan. Oops. It's Rastan Saga II, with all it's large sprites and primitive animation. That probably sounds bad, but I did like it.

Out Run for the Master System. It's Out Run...just smaller.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Here's a video about a game that I used to play in a laundromat!

I was not, and have never been, a fan of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. But I was always curious about Jason David Frank, and why was he always a featured guest at the big conventions around here. Well, after this week's video, I think I know, and it definitely will be different without him.

The concept behind Virtual Pinball, a game where you could create your own pinball table, while also playing 20+ built in games sounded like an amazing idea. Unfortunately, what I found out was (and kind of already knew), was that design and theme are crucial to a good pinball machine, and without those special touches, you just end up knocking a ball around for 5 minutes.

In a clear indicator that the holiday's are starting to get to me, today, I review...an encyclopedia?

In the last review of 2022, I take a look at Bimini Run. I'll admit, from a gameplay perspective, it's somewhat simple, but I really like what they tried to do, and I think it's impressive for how early it is.

Back to the reviews to start Season 5, and unfortunately I'm starting out another year with a tribute to someone we lost. Pele! has kind of a rough reputation, but honestly, I didn't think it was that bad!

32X Time! And this one is a good one. It does have some slowdown issues, but overall I liked it a lot, and it has a nice soundtrack.

This week, I go back to the Asterix series, and review Sega's followup to the original Asterix, Asterix and the Secret Mission. Not a bad title in it's own right, but it doesn't do anything new.

Thread Information