Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zilog and Moto Youtube channel

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One zilogandmoto's Avatar

Default Zilog and Moto Youtube channel

Hi all, I've finally hit that magical 50th post, so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dave, and I created a youtube channel about 2 years ago now with the crazy goal of reviewing each and every English language Master System, Genesis/MD, SegaCD/MegaCD, and 32X title. Doing one game a week, and I'm estimating I'll probably be doing this another 25 years, if youtube or any of us are still even around at that point. I've shared a few of the videos on here, where I felt like it was appropriate and contribute to discussion.

I'd like to start posting the links once a week when they're available, and perhaps keep them all to one thread. So, having said that, I want to be considerate of all the other forum users and use proper etiquette to do so. If anyone has thoughts on this, or which forum is the appropriate one for that thread, please let me know.

Here's the year end recap video for Season 2 (2020) that went up today, where I talk about the various games I looked at in the last year on the channel, and then next week regular programming will resume with a review about Winter Olympic Games for the Genesis.

And Season 3 is off, albeit a bit late. I usually try to get these videos uploaded every week on Monday morning, but that didn't happen this time.

This week, it's Winter Olympic Games for the Genesis from US Gold/Tiertex. It's...not good. Which is sad, because clearly the graphics and sound had some work put into them.

Slowly getting back into the swing of things after the holiday, it was definitely appreciated to have a decent game come up this week. And it was a pleasant surprise, as it's yet another game I hadn't played before. Rampart, for the Genesis. FYI, totally underrated element of this game is the soundtrack. The intro is killer.

Wildside Expert

Will check this out 👍

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by zilogandmoto View Post
    Rampart, for the Genesis. FYI, totally underrated element of this game is the soundtrack. The intro is killer.
    Also, way better port than the SNES one in terms of gameplay and retaining elements from the arcade.
    This, Roadblasters and Marble Madness are the best Tengen ports for the Mega Drive.

Yeah, I watched some of the SNES port to compare it to when writing the review, and it seemed like they were more interested in showing off graphical features than keeping the game true to the original. And yeah, I only gave Roadblasters 2 stars, but it was a very solid port as well, the 2 stars was just due to the fact that it loses a bit going from a steering wheel to a Dpad, and I can't imagine anyone sitting down and playing through 50 levels of that.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Also, way better port than the SNES one in terms of gameplay and retaining elements from the arcade.
    This, Roadblasters and Marble Madness are the best Tengen ports for the Mega Drive.
    It would have been cool if Tengen had bothered to put in the voice samples from Road blasters in the Genesis version. The Atari Lynx had all of them.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It would have been cool if Tengen had bothered to put in the voice samples from Road blasters in the Genesis version. The Atari Lynx had all of them.
    That was probably the only omission that I really noticed. And the voice samples in the arcade game weren't that great to begin with, so seemed like they just didn't want to redo them on the Genesis hardware.

New week, new video, and just one away from episode 100. This week, it's The Ninja for the Master System. This is a fun title, and it was interesting reading about it's origins in the arcades and how the game was altered. Also, that original arcade game is pretty rare, but Galloping Ghost JUST put it out on the floor, so yet another reason to visit.

I'm really enjoying these videos. Do me a favor tho sir and give yourself an avatar of some sort so I don't accidentally think you're a random spam bot and hit the "Ban" button by mistake. >_>
    05/05/15

*Disregard, I figured it out. I wasn't on the correct screen. Oops.*
    Last edited by zilogandmoto; 02-02-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Avatar or not, here's the big episode 100 for the channel, and what other game could episode 100 possibly be than Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis!

A little behind schedule this week unfortunately. Had a lot of stuff going on. But, still have to press on, so here's a look at the first WWF game ever released for a Sega console, and one that is quite different from it's SNES sibling.

Rocky: I see three of him out there.
    Paulie: Hit the one in the middle!

If you enjoy mediocre board games with...I'll be nice..."mediocre" graphics and sound, BOY HAVE I GOT A GAME FOR YOU!

Hi all, here's a game that I don't think people talk about much, it's Muhammad Ali Heavyweight Boxing for the Genesis. Fun fact, it was developed by Park Place Productions (i.e. the company behind Joe Montana Football, John Madden Football and NHL/EA Hockey), and it has one of Tommy Tallarico's earliest soundtracks. Note, none of those things necessarily makes the game good. It's just okay.

Thread Information