Quantcast

Thread: WTB: Outback Joey

Road Rasher

Genesis WTB: Outback Joey

Yes I know this game is very rare, but I also know at least a couple of forum members have possessed a copy at various points. I am willing to pay a "reasonable" premium over the last known sale prices for either a loose cart (last sold for $3K AFAIK) or a complete set (last sold for $6500 AFAIK).

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Good luck! I saw a guy on Facebook picked up a complete set recently.

To be honest I feel like I almost never see this game show up anyway, there were a couple on ebay several years ago but I don't remember what they ended at. Think it was just shy of $1000
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    To be honest I feel like I almost never see this game show up anyway, there were a couple on ebay several years ago but I don't remember what they ended at. Think it was just shy of $1000
    There were 4 on ebay a month or two ago. Unfortunately, the one I purchased turned out to be fake (got my money back thankfully). One was a complete set, but the seller wanted too much (almost $14K). Waited too long for one (largely in the vain hope that the seller of the complete set would bring his price down to earth a bit). There's still one left. I was pretty close to getting that one. Some messages back and forth, they suggested a compromise number, I dithered for a couple of days before sending an offer for that amount, they rejected it and relisted it at a higher price than they were previously asking (was listed at $3750, now listed at $5K)

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask of Destiny View Post
    There were 4 on ebay a month or two ago. Unfortunately, the one I purchased turned out to be fake (got my money back thankfully). One was a complete set, but the seller wanted too much (almost $14K). Waited too long for one (largely in the vain hope that the seller of the complete set would bring his price down to earth a bit). There's still one left. I was pretty close to getting that one. Some messages back and forth, they suggested a compromise number, I dithered for a couple of days before sending an offer for that amount, they rejected it and relisted it at a higher price than they were previously asking (was listed at $3750, now listed at $5K)
    Oh wow I thought I had watches but apparently I need to refine them. I wonder if the complete set is the one the other guy on Facebook picked up. Eeeesh, $14K is pretty insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

loose cart for sale on ebay right now:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/293970387417

edit: two, actually
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/114611316527

Quote Originally Posted by billybob884 View Post
    loose cart for sale on ebay right now:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/293970387417

edit: two, actually
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/114611316527
    They are fake and useless without the controller to begin with.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by NinMicroSega View Post
    They are fake and
    If they're fake, they are very good fakes (unlike the one I previously bought and returned) and the sellers both have very good feedback scores (unlike the seller of the fake).

useless without the controller to begin with.
    Now, this depends on what you plan on doing with them

Anyway, I am currently the high bidder on the cheaper of the two on ebay currently

If they're fake, they are very good fakes (unlike the one I previously bought and returned) and the sellers both have very good feedback scores (unlike the seller of the fake).

Now, this depends on what you plan on doing with them

Anyway, I am currently the high bidder on the cheaper of the two on ebay currently
    Good luck, man. I'm still shocked nobody has dumped the ROM yet.

They are fake and useless without the controller to begin with.
    I know they're useless without the controller, but they look pretty damned real to me (unless you just meant the listing is fake... like maybe using pictures from someone else's post? That I've heard of happening before)

Good luck guy! Please let us know how it turns out

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Has Outworld 2375 AD ever been discussed around these parts? Or the alleged "heartbeat versions" of NHLPA Hockey and PGA Tour Golf II? There's a discussion on Reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/lostmedia/c...ly_the_rarest/

I have no expertise on the topic -- I only just found out about these things in the course of looking into Outback Joey, since this thread piqued my curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Has Outworld 2375 AD ever been discussed around these parts? Or the alleged "heartbeat versions" of NHLPA Hockey and PGA Tour Golf II? There's a discussion on Reddit:

I have no expertise on the topic -- I only just found out about these things in the course of looking into Outback Joey, since this thread piqued my curiosity.
    I only found out about those supposed versions by looking up OJ, too.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post

So there was someone on reddit claiming to have a prototype of PGA Golf II, but there wasn't ever any follow up or video footage of it running, so could very well be fake:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollect...tour_golf_for/

Thread Information