Quantcast

Thread: Midnight Raiders 32X CD

Default Midnight Raiders 32X CD

12 years researching Tec Toy releases and I have never seen or heard about anyone owning this one, even though I knew it had a decent chance to exist (pictures in posters, tec toy's newsletter and the 32X console boxes).

It is in the hands of a Japanese collector but he doesn't have any contact info on his site nor uses facebook, instagram or twitter. My only hope is that he find this post or other posts about this and take more pictures of it, specially the back of the box (for my research and archiving).

Obs. Too obscure to be a fake and looking at his site, it seems he takes his hobbie serious.

Master of Shinobi

If this exists, and that box isn't a mock-up, this could be the rarest game on a Sega console.

That collector had a picture of Surgical Strike 32x too, didn't he? That was eventually found, so you never know.

Damn, my post wasn't posted.

SEGA CD releases are very obscure and quite a few games I've seen only once or have so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is real. I could try to determine the veracity if I could see the back of the box but I was unable to find and any contact information on his site.

A game like this that requires two super expensive hardware for brazilian standards (8x the minimum wage of 1996 for the 32x + SEGA CD) probably had a very small run, like Surgical Strike that you can count in one hand the number of known people that had the Tec Toy release.
    Last edited by ReBirFh; 01-14-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReBirFh View Post
    Damn, my post wasn't posted.

SEGA CD releases are very obscure and quite a few games I've seen only once or have so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is real. I could try to determine the veracity if I could see the back of the box but I was unable to find and any contact information on his site.

A game like this that requires two super expensive hardware for brazilian standards (8x the minimum wage of 1996 for the 32x + SEGA CD) probably had a very small run, like Surgical Strike that you can count in one hand the number of known people that had the Tec Toy release.
    Do you have a link to the page where you found this? I also am a big fan of the SegaCD and enjoy the hunt of figuring out stuff like this (spent a couple years researching MegaCD games to ensure I had a definitive list as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Thread Information