Quantcast

Thread: Happy 20th PSO!

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Dc Happy 20th PSO!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

It's a shame that PS Universe couldn't capture the feel or look of the 1st game.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I wonder if this online gaming fad will catch on.

Still the most magical gaming experience ever. I never forget logging in and getting a message saying 'Hello from New York' from a player I would become great friends with on this game and also Quake 3 on the DC.
    The magical days of online gaming when players looked out for and help each other and no worries over ranking points or achievements.

I even remember the Friday night after the game launched in the UK just playing the game all night; This was at a time when it was like a sin for me or my mates to stay in on Friday after work, it was almost a religion that one went down the pub on a Friday and Saturday night. I was just memorised by the game and played the game from 4 PM right through till 3 AM in the morning the hours just flew by.

SEGA at their very best
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I wonder if this online gaming fad will catch on.
    I can't make a phone call or get one when gaming! This will never work.

On the plus side it only took me 20 minutes to download a song off Napster with my new 56K modem.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SegaDreamcast's Avatar

The PSO track "Pioneer 2" is one of my favorite game themes ever.

That song is the best.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

still one of the greats. god, i missed classes for my clan back then, haha - game literally sold me on a DC keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It's a shame that PS Universe couldn't capture the feel or look of the 1st game.
    absolutely agreed - i mostly ran through the single player, and some of the aesthetic was there, but not much else for me

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    still one of the greats. god, i missed classes for my clan back then, haha -

LOL. I was much the same. In my little valley, all young working men/women were all expected to go out after work on a Friday afternoon without fail and I mean without fail. The draw of PSO was so powerful in its early days that I used to finish work and just play the game to hell with going out on a Friday. Speaking of Friday, that night used to be great for me on the DC as for some reason I could also play Daytona USA 2001 late on a Friday night (Saturday morning) with hardly any lag even though I was USA servers and for some reason it was always best late on Friday

Great times, that I miss so much.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Old Sega is where it's at Wildside Expert Mykale's Avatar

Never did get to play this in its glory days or at all for that matter.
    Only obtained my Dreamcast when they went on liquidation around 2001? And then never bought any games for it... Good thing I kept it all these years after. It's awesome having a Dreamcast with low mileage!

I can relate in only that I had a similar experience with Final Fantasy 11 on PS2 when it was fresh and new with the network adapter. Holy shit those were magical times... so I can imagine PSO was similar in that it provided a new MMORPG experience!

I did try PSO2 and yeah... It's cool but I dunno... Maybe I just can't play MMOs anymore and prefer single player games.

It's kind of funny that I ran into this at the hub store for Half-Price-Books in Dallas. They're prices can be a bit extreme. It's probably that way because it's near Highland Park.

I played this on PC, way back when they put out a free digital version. It's probably still on the HDD of my old PC from 2002.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information