Quantcast

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL "Where is my copy of Paprium?" Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by GameUser-16-32-128 View Post
    Still no game and I'm too late to ask a refund from PP. Putting my faith and money on a sub-par beat-em-up from a shady arrogant "genius" was seriously the worst thing I've done in a long time. Sick and tired of WM and that mustachioed villain's excuses.
    dick-dastardly.jpg

Like A Boss

Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    It just dawned on me. I could die before my Investor's copy of Paprium is mailed to me.
    You're one of the original investors and didn't receive it? I wish I knew the method of how people were getting theirs before others.
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

Quote Originally Posted by N FUL FX View Post
    You're one of the original investors and didn't receive it? I wish I knew the method of how people were getting theirs before others.
    That is correct. I pre-ordered it on March 16, 2012 and I gots nuthin'. Maybe its because I'm a filthy American and not French or African or Japanese, idk.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N FUL FX View Post
    When the email first went out you had the option of logging in and specifying your shipping information. I waited a bit myself as I thought it might be a scam but once copies started to roll in I finalized my investor enrollment and got a copy. It took a month or two to ship but I got mine that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

It's weird to see this thread in such a spot. It's even more frustrating to see so many examples of the game being sold at obscene mark-ups on ebay, and even worse to see that Fonzie doesn't say a word.

This is such a weird experience. There's a small subset of people that got the game, and it's like a weird Sega Genesis survivor's guilt. The game's development, marketing, and delivery was so tumultuous that I don't even like playing the game.

Do we even have an estimate on how many actual carts for into people's hands? It's gotta be pretty low. Less that 10k?5k?

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    When the email first went out you had the option of logging in and specifying your shipping information. I waited a bit myself as I thought it might be a scam but once copies started to roll in I finalized my investor enrollment and got a copy. It took a month or two to ship but I got mine that way.
    I remember logging in and putting in my shipping address. Still got nuthin'. Glad u got yours.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    I remember logging in and putting in my shipping address. Still got nuthin'. Glad u got yours.
    I am in the US myself, I wonder if the difference is I opted to pay for the tracked shipment when I finalized it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I am in the US myself, I wonder if the difference is I opted to pay for the tracked shipment when I finalized it all.
    Ya know what, I DID NOT pay for that extra $10 in shipping. The mere thought of giving any extra money to Fonzie was, and still is, revolting. You could be right on your theory.

I find it sometimes very difficult to comment on this subject without sounding smug or sarcastic. as one of the many apparently the did receive their game I feel sorry for that those that didn't, The eBay prices are just totally ridiculous let's be honest, if you're Rich maybe you can sometimes justify buying a prototype of a kind Sonic Game or metal slug for the Neo Geo aes. but it's crazy to think that paprium at any point could of received a reprint. and yes obviously I'm more than aware that while some bought multiple copies of the Game to resale and received them while others only bought single copies and were clearly not resellers don't. it's just Bizarre situation

Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar

Sure, I did this as well. Got the "Shipping from Las Vegas" message but nothing since --- well actually I don't know, considering the site hasn't worked in months.

I thought all the shipping was tracked. I don't remember being offered the option to fork over $10 additional. Hm. It all seems sooooo loonnngggg agggoooo (echo added via BLAST PROCESSING)
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

An interesting video by Slope's Gaming Room.

Slope's Gaming Room - The Paprium SCANDAL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhHp5Q7LUbs

I really hope Fonzie is able to get all the games to the community members. Keep the pressure on, Sega-16!

The last correspondence I recall from Watermelon said something about them coming back in August. The website is back up now with a new message from Fonzie. I'm also able to check my order status again.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

waiting for my copy like..

Quote Originally Posted by ichbinian View Post
    The last correspondence I recall from Watermelon said something about them coming back in August. The website is back up now with a new message from Fonzie. I'm also able to check my order status again.
    "Unfortunately, since 2017, we can no longer sell our products online. More precisely, we can sell, but we cannot get paid.
    Yet, we have to suck-it-up and deliver every single time.

Our only options would be to either: Sell through distributors, which would rise our product price above reasonable levels; Or reduce sales volume & budgets to avoid attracting the LOCUSTS thus resulting in lame games; Or more disgrace!

The internet, where you could sell your own products at price and quantity without a butt-plug-leash is long gone!

It's to the journalists to do their jobs and inform the mass about how things are turning into and it's the people to decide what they want for their future and take real action! It's not just about the games, the time where A**z*n & friends controls everyones life and wallet is already THERE!

Back to our business, we are now exploring alternate ways and we will succeed! Thank you for your understanding,"

- Fonzie, President of WM

☝ After reading this, I don't even know what to say.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Yet more of the bastard's pathetic cryptic excuses. No mention of where the rest of the unshipped/unfulfilled orders are and once again trying to avoid fault, like a typical con he is.

"we have to suck-it-up and deliver every single time." Suck-it-up and deliver? He hasn't delivered anything to the rest of us who are still waiting!!!

"Back to our business, we are now exploring alternate ways and we will succeed!!" You bet he'll succeed in finding alternate ways scamming more people into buying more of his 6+ years "in development hell" games and false promises. It's ridiculous how he's trying to desperately stay in business and pretending nothing bad happened.

Thread Information