Quantcast

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL "Where is my copy of Paprium?" Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I take that message to say "We still intend to fulfill the order, we just don't know how right now" but it's far from clear and straightforward. I have no idea whether or not I'll ever get my pre-order and I wouldn't be surprised either way. It's far from clear with Watermelon/Fonzie.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

September 8 2021 and still no Paprika in sight. If he doesn't have a clue on how to deliver, then go out of business and transfer all the preorders/paprika assets to someone who can. There's no point in hanging on to our preorders if you can't deliver shit! That cheat should've set aside a "just in case" fund before diving into this mess!!!!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GameUser-16-32-128 View Post
    then go out of business and transfer all the preorders/paprika assets to someone who can.
    Wasn't he doing exactly that though?
    What ever came of that? all I saw was that he was gonna sell it all and then right after that he announces a new game. like wtf?

I don't think we'll ever get that MegaWire thing.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I don't think we'll ever get that MegaWire thing.
    I believe Fonzie said the Megawire wasn't going to happen and the game was complete in that long interview he had earlier this year.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

He likely asked for way too much money and nobody bit.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

Received new email about 20 minutes ago:

Dear X,

Thanks for your patience,
    Some updates for you.

Unfortunately we cannot resume shipments. PAYPAL is playing dumb paying us only a fraction of what you had originally paid.
    First, we won't give-up on you. Anyone still waiting for their games will receive them eventually.

Second, we will not take any further loans to deliver and we are in the impossibility to restore e-commerce services.
    It is heartbreaking for us but we have no choice but to flip our vest 180° and embrace digit-fart.

We are porting PAPRIUM to more modern platforms and we will proceed with a crowdfunding campaign in the next few days.

To clear any doubt, we will ensure people awaiting their copies will get served first and be certain nothing can beat the original SEGA hardware, a lot of surprises to be reveleated!
    All our other products that were to be announced in April 2020 are postponed until further notice.
    All difficulties do not apply to the ???? project, which is still on schedule thanks to the few individuals who dared circumvent the GAFAMs grip!

We will also make a FAQ video in next few days, you can post your questions in comments, we will answer them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxUKyIOF9co

Important notices:
    We are still processing tickets at the moment, for the few of those who didn't get an answer yet, more patience is needed, do not double-post tickets.
    For returned parcels, incorrect parcel content or technical issues, we have registered your requests and are still processing them / we will get back to you.
    For those still awaiting refund, we will be processing those soon through a partner's paypal account.
    For urgent matters, until our situation is resolved, please refrain from posting email or tickets, please call +33(0)7 81 08 84 61, thank you for your understanding.

Keep faith,
    WM

Quote Originally Posted by mrbogus View Post
    I believe Fonzie said the Megawire wasn't going to happen and the game was complete in that long interview he had earlier this year.
    I thought that was a reply about people saying the game needed fixing, and he said the game was good and all and didn't need fixing. not sure if he actually said the Megawire wasn't going to happen.

Sports Talker

First time I have been here in months (after my copy thankfully arrived), but I got this laughable email yesterday...

Dear cawley1,

We are still processing your ticket, please do not double-post, we will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks again for your patience.

Best Regards,

WATERMELON TEAM

So that relates to a ticket I raised around 10th March, asking about the lack of updates on the tracking number I had been given at the time! Can't believe they would even bother sending anything at this point.
    I mean, seriously, how difficult is it once an item is produced to actually get it to people that have paid for it, and update customer questions in a timely manner?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One SBlaise84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrobins09 View Post
    It is heartbreaking for us but we have no choice but to flip our vest 180° and embrace digit-fart.

We are porting PAPRIUM to more modern platforms and we will proceed with a crowdfunding campaign in the next few days.
    Wait, so all those years in seclusion and the cost to Fonzie/Watermelon's reputations were completely wasted on battling piracy? The game getting ported to modern systems would all but guarantee piracy at some point down the road.

And how does this make everyone who paid a premium price for a "Genesis/Megadrive exclusive" feel? Will this crash the price on eBay once it's possible to play on modern systems? Assuming of course it ever happens...
    Last edited by SBlaise84; 10-15-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    And how does this make everyone who paid a premium price for a "Genesis/Megadeive exclusive" feel?
    I honestly never cared about that, I just wanted a nifty new brawler for my beloved Mega Drive. I could care less about ports.
    I do care about the fact that Fonzie wasted tons of money on anti piracy and thongs and broken arcade machines and male strippers and black cumblobs and the megawire technology that will NEVER get used.

All that money could have been used to get people like cawley1 his game sooner, but now we can all participate in "saving" Watermelon just so our fellow Sega fans can get their game.
    Only for Fonzie to use the money he makes from Steam to fund more troublesome games.

Its never gonna end.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

How is it that you guys are getting emails from WM and I received nothing from them? I paid for my damn Paprika game during the supposed "second run" way back in January. So now the swindler decides who gets to receive communication and who doesn't?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

Dunno. I got the one I shared but I didn’t receive the email that went out a week or so ago. Not sure why that is

Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar

I can't believe these are going for $600+ on eBay.
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Actually going for, or just trying to sell at that?

Wildside Expert Hairlesswookiee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Actually going for, or just trying to sell at that?
    They're selling at these prices. Here's one that just ended on the 15th for $600. There's some other ones that have gone for $750 and another one that was almost $1000.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/28448415745...UAAOSwYtZhY4SF
    Toys: PS5, PS3,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Thread Information