Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL "Where is my copy of Paprium?" Thread

Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar

$99k already. I am shocked.
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

I FINALLY got an e-mail from the "honorate" villain and he now expects me to wait for who knows how long (another 10 years!?), for the "updated" edition along with a free manga.

So now he's got a ridiculous "kicstarter" started and already blind gullible fools have backed this new scam of his, including two who threw their money at the "MEGAPOPE". If only I could see their faces when they realize what they've gotten themselves into.
    Last edited by GameUser-16-32-128; 10-21-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by N FUL FX View Post
    $99k already. I am shocked.
    At this pace it will definitely make that $300k goal.

Master of Shinobi

a third of the goal on its first day with 59 days remaining, lol here at Sega-16 we live in a parallel universe where we think everybody hates Fonzie and his game and PR methods but the hard truth is we are niche EVEN in the MD retro community, as you can see with those figures.

He said himself (in a recent French itw IIRC) that he'd launch a campaign to secure new funds to be able to ship old purchases and finish the other projects (most notably the Steam port), etc. so he already acknowledged the ponzi scheme (he's collecting money for something new whereas he'll be using it to fund something old, at least at first, even if from his perspective he is solving the paypal problem and that justifies not coming clean on this operation)
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I've been away for like 7-8 months, but did Paprium ever get any kind of patch to fix any of the bugs or enemy AI sometimes being dumb and barely being aggressive at all?

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    I've been away for like 7-8 months, but did Paprium ever get any kind of patch to fix any of the bugs or enemy AI sometimes being dumb and barely being aggressive at all?
    Make your best guess! One thing I wonder sometimes is if the game would retain better value if not updated? I mean if there is a patch for that megawire thing and you chose not to implement it?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    Fonzie addressed that during a Youtube interview, they asked him what he thought about the many claims that the game needs fixing.
    He stared at his shoes for a little while, then laughed through his thick beard. and uttered.. "neh, the game is good. its GOOD! Ha Ha they are trolls!" then he proceeded to "hohohohos in French"

True story, look it up.

Master of Shinobi

no it hasn't been updated. Or at least he hasn't released any bugfix publicly. Of course the Megawire isn't still a thing. The only thing he promised recently is that the Steam version will have bugfixes and the new batch of carts (and the old ones awaiting shipment) will have bugfixed versions too (those people who will get the digital version early and the manga when it ships, as a sorryforthewait apology).

So we (current cart owners) are left behind as most of us won't pay for a megawire just for little AI bugfixes here and there, provided that the megawire will exist at all.

Boy I wish the megawire was just a free software that you download and then connect a 3.5 to 2.5 jack from the PC to the cart connected to console for power, and it would just flash the rom.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Boy I wish the megawire was just a free software that you download and then connect a 3.5 to 2.5 jack from the PC to the cart connected to console for power, and it would just flash the rom.
    That's what it was going to be when it was conceived. My first prototype used just a regular TRS audio wire from a computer headphone jack to another computer microphone jack, and it could transmit data. The idea was to make an app for cellphones and computers to serve as the "modem" for the MD.

2021 will be the year 2Dream!

Master of Shinobi

oh great thanks, at this point I do not care for online gaming or online score keeping, just the ability to update to the latest rom via the 2.5 "audio" jack (which can transmit data at -I guess- low bitrate, but that would not be a problem for this).

Wildside Expert

I swear I ordered this game but it was so long ago I think I used an email address that is now dead. I can't find any receipt

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by stewy View Post
    I swear I ordered this game but it was so long ago I think I used an email address that is now dead. I can't find any receipt
    you should login into magicalgamefactory homepage and if you know your account details still look there. or you can search in your past history of paypal account of yours. if it is too far back you could ask PayPal Support to help you finding it. This should help you for reference:

Merchant
    WATERMELON GAMES LIMITED
    watermelon@watermelon-games.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

After kickstarter backers fund 50% of Paprium's funding goal, Fonzie gives an update on the state of the campaign, the game, stretch goals and more

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3338145

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    At least he's finally being honest about running a ponzi scheme.

Anyone who buys in now deserves to lose their money.

I can't believe this is allowed on kickstarter now. The whole point of the MGF grift was because kickstarter was thought to have had some level of accountability.
    I feel like it's time to change the phrase to be a "Fonzie Scheme" at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I feel like it's time to change the phrase to be a "Fonzie Scheme" at this point.

HAHAHA - good one

Thread Information