Quantcast

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 285

Thread: THE OFFICIAL "Where is my copy of Paprium?" Thread

  1. #241
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Paprium Refund

    I had given up hope that I would ever receive the game or a refund, but my refund arrived in my Paypal account today.

  2. #242
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Congrats!
    I'm still a little worried my game will never arrive.

  3. #243
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox2013 View Post
    I had given up hope that I would ever receive the game or a refund, but my refund arrived in my Paypal account today.
    Good to hear

  4. #244
    WCPO Agent thesegadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox2013 View Post
    I had given up hope that I would ever receive the game or a refund, but my refund arrived in my Paypal account today.
    Thanks for sharing this news about your refund. I'm sure there are others waiting and this is some hope.

    Hopefully others will let us know when their refunds come in so we can get even more confirmation that it's happening.
    Sega Dude

    Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

  5. #245
    Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm excited! 12 Feb will be the one-year anniversary of my "shipping" date!
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

  6. #246
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,646
    Rep Power
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N FUL FX View Post
    I'm excited! 12 Feb will be the one-year anniversary of my "shipping" date!
    I feel for you, an entire year of missing out on that sweet sweet buyers remorse that the rest of us are enjoying.

  7. #247
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    If itís a means to an end and people who originally backed the game end up finally receiving their copies then shouldnít we be pleased the Kickstarter has been a success? Already it seems some refunds have been issued to those who requested them so it does seem like Fonzie is trying to right his wrongs (although he would never admit he did wrong and just blame PayPal, Air France etc).

    People wishing it didnít hit its funding goal, especially those who have not yet received their copy or refund, seems to me a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

  8. #248
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I feel for you, an entire year of missing out on that sweet sweet buyers remorse that the rest of us are enjoying.
    Are you saying that as someone who received the game and don't like it or received a broken game or as someone who bought and never received it?

    I'm honestly curious as I've heard mostly good things and I came into knowing about Paprium not until 2020 and didn't get a copy either but am interested in playing it. I really don't want to pay the ridiculous eBay prices for a game I hear that could be busted and I'm not talking about the console incompatibilities but bad assembly.

  9. #249
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,646
    Rep Power
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodcan View Post
    Are you saying that as someone who received the game and don't like it or received a broken game or as someone who bought and never received it?
    Received it and didn't like it, the gameplay is extremely shallow. 95% of the game is about graphics and nothing else.
    there's no gameplay depth, you just walk around and slap slap slap slap or jump kick if you get bored of slapping.
    the throws look ridiculous and don't feel like throws, the punches sound like you're slapping cardboard and the AI is.. well there is no AI.

    Very little time was spend on the actual gameplay, it becomes very obvious once you let go of the first excitement of the (impressive) graphical and musical presentation.

  10. #250
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Received it and didn't like it, the gameplay is extremely shallow. 95% of the game is about graphics and nothing else.
    there's no gameplay depth, you just walk around and slap slap slap slap or jump kick if you get bored of slapping.
    the throws look ridiculous and don't feel like throws, the punches sound like you're slapping cardboard and the AI is.. well there is no AI.

    Very little time was spend on the actual gameplay, it becomes very obvious once you let go of the first excitement of the (impressive) graphical and musical presentation.
    Ah, thanks, that's good to hear someone's honest perspective to temper my expectations and maybe not try to get a copy off eBay. I definitely didn't want to spend $600-1000 for it already since my preorder in 2021 fell thru but after hearing this even less-so. Sounds like 99% of the content creators and people commenting on Twitter were in shock and awe over the visuals and audio....that is besides the people focusing on the fudgery of Fonzi instead of the game itself.

  11. #251
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,646
    Rep Power
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodcan View Post
    and maybe not try to get a copy off eBay.
    Yeah don't buy it from ebay or Fonzie, both are a waste of money. maybe when it comes out on Steam you can wait for a discount and grab it with like 10% off (doubt he'd ever discount it more)
    but even then its too expensive for what you get. most likely you'll eventually buy it and be amazed at the presentation and you'll feel all like "OMG THIS GUY WAS INSANE, THIS IS AWESOME THIS IS GREAT!"
    but then you play it for an hour and your hand is tired because its doing the same slapslapslapslap over and over, and you start to realize that unlike SOR2 this game has no depth.
    You're not gonna be studying tactics and upping that difficulty the better you get. You're just gonna be bored and put it back in the box and play another better game.

    There's a reason Paprium discussions died down so quickly..

  12. #252
    Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,088
    Rep Power
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    If itís a means to an end and people who originally backed the game end up finally receiving their copies then shouldnít we be pleased the Kickstarter has been a success? Already it seems some refunds have been issued to those who requested them so it does seem like Fonzie is trying to right his wrongs (although he would never admit he did wrong and just blame PayPal, Air France etc).

    People wishing it didnít hit its funding goal, especially those who have not yet received their copy or refund, seems to me a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.
    This would be the fourth(?) "means to an end" attempted by Fonzie.

    Doesn't that mean those who keep sending him money are the ones cutting off their own noses?

    Every time he does this and still gets money it tells him that he never has to fulfill the long lost orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

  13. #253
    Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I feel for you, an entire year of missing out on that sweet sweet buyers remorse that the rest of us are enjoying.
    I hear ya. I read the reviews, viewed some videos, and I have a feeling I will find it monotonous too. But I guess I still want something for the money. Maybe an updated version eventually? Sigh.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp
    . . . the throws don't feel like throws
    These are the little things for me that make a game great for me, as I'm sure many of us recognize. I have a problem with the throws in Streets of Rage 4. The way the character flies across the screen weightless is off-putting, while Streets of Rage 2 REALLY did it right and you can sense the weight. I don't know how they did it but it works. I even submitted a comment to the SOR4 developers but got no reply.
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

  14. #254
    Road Rasher Iced Snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I'm almost coming up on that 10 year mark since I pre-ordered this. Its still shipping from Las Vegas, per the last time I logged into MGF. As far as the Kickstarter, I saw it and laughed at the idea of supporting it.

  15. #255
    Road Rasher Iced Snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N FUL FX View Post
    I hear ya. I read the reviews, viewed some videos, and I have a feeling I will find it monotonous too. But I guess I still want something for the money. Maybe an updated version eventually? Sigh.
    I guess I still want something for the money, as well. Check this out, I emailed this question to the MGF back on August 6, 2021:

    Shipping History: 12/02/2021 - 23:47 - Las Vegas USA - Shipping...
    I haven't received my Investor's copy of Paprium. Is there any update of when it might be shipped to me? Next month? 3 months? 6 months? Near the end of 2021?

    I actually got an answer back 6+ months later on February 17, 2022:

    "Sorry for our delayed response. Order deliveries will come back, you will get up dated. Have a nice day. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other concerns.
    Best Regards, paul_wm"

    That's pretty, pretty vague. Thoughts?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •