Quantcast

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL "Where is my copy of Paprium?" Thread

Press Start to Continue Nameless One N FUL FX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nano Babe View Post
    ever noticed the majority of copies being sold on eBay are NEW unplayed sealed? Fonzie's recruitment drive (not for skilled programmers we know he does all that himself) to set up multiple eBay accounts to sell it inflated price. Conspiracy theory confirmed
    The eBay sold listings run from $400-$600. So that's at least 5x what I paid. Lots of bids, so lots of interest (unless fake bidders).

Mine is still "shipping" from Vegas. I don't know why my copy is stuck playing those Vegas Slots for so long.
    Neil B. / I love old skool!
    Owner: Sega Genesis 1, bought for $1320 TTD in ~1993
    Founder: Generation 2 Integra Club, www.g2ic.com

Nameless One

Still holding hope the Kickstarter comes through...
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Mega CD Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

Ladies and gentlemen, its time again to rant about never receiving my Investor's Copy of Paprium. I just went over to the Paprium Kickstarter page and saw that there are some unhappy campers in the comments section, to no surprise. No update from WM circus since April. I've been sending more frequent questions about my purchase to the MGF site. I just might start sending them messages weekly, then daily, then maybe twice a day. MGF is the most unprofessional "company" that I've ever ordered from.

On a side note, if memory serves me correctly, someone posted awhile ago that you can beat Paprium by just jump kicking. Is this in fact the case?

Being that I have never played the game, this would be a terrible letdown if it ever arrives.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    you can beat Paprium by just jump kicking
    Well technically I suppose you could, it is useful to get you out of an hole or difficult patch but it would be boring to play exploiting that.
    Honestly Iced Snowman I really enjoyed the game and have put in plenty of hours to get all the endings, secret screens, alternative routes etc.

Is it a perfect game ? No, is it as good as SOR 2 ? No but it is still a very, very good game and well worth owning and playing.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I don't understand why so many people are selling their sealed investor edition, is that because of the high prices they go for? I mean I don't see any peeps selling their Tanglewood collector editions..let alone that many.

I would suspect if you waited that long for your investor edition, you would at least keep it.

I "invested" in many more copies than I needed just to resell them. I put them on eBay for $50, but they all went for $350-450 each. So I got quite a good return on my "investment", which is the point of such things, isn't it?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Gold Gamer Goati Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snixel View Post
    I don't understand why so many people are selling their sealed investor edition, is that because of the high prices they go for? I mean I don't see any peeps selling their Tanglewood collector editions..let alone that many.

I would suspect if you waited that long for your investor edition, you would at least keep it.
    Tanglewood is a good game! A good game that people didn't wait extra years for only to realize they could sell it for hundreds; another question would be about people buying that... Have to admit packaging a thong is strong

Retrogaming lore videos on YouTube

Twitch partner at twitch.tv/goati_

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project: beating and documenting every single Mega Drive videogame.
    All regions, unlicensed, unreleased, homebrews...

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post
    Tanglewood is a good game! A good game that people didn't wait extra years for only to realize they could sell it for hundreds; another question would be about people buying that... Have to admit packaging a thong is strong
    Paprium is a good game too. I understand the frustation of the release but the quality of the game itself is really good imo.
    And Tanglewood also included a beanie in their collector edition which I would probably never wear. The thong is a humoristic wink and actually fits the theme of the game.

@zebbe explanation probably makes most sense.
    Last edited by snixel; 08-11-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Gold Gamer Goati Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

I respectfully disagree but yeah, being able to sell a copy for 300+ will do that

Retrogaming lore videos on YouTube

Twitch partner at twitch.tv/goati_

I livestream different systems and Japanese exclusives with some language competence.
    Since 2014, though, I carry on the Megamarathon project: beating and documenting every single Mega Drive videogame.
    All regions, unlicensed, unreleased, homebrews...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Xhojn's Avatar

I backed the latest Kickstarter as I would like to play the game along with owning Pier Solar as well so fingers crossed..... I did it knowing the reputation of the company and what everyone has been saying so if the stuff never gets delivered than it's shitty but I backed knowing it could be a possibility. It wouldn't be the first Kickstarter that I'm still waiting for rewards sadly.

Wildside Expert Hairlesswookiee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snixel View Post

I would agree with you that I don't like buying games with the intention of flipping them to make money, but I also realize that someone that bought the game with that intention was so frustrated by having to deal with delays, broken promises, etc. that they don't want to touch the game anymore so why not make money off of selling it? And to be honest, the people paying these prices are probably interested in playing the game and would rather pay the inflated price for a guaranteed copy instead of playing the waiting game to get a copy from the devs.
    Toys: PS5, PS3,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I "invested" in many more copies than I needed just to resell them. I put them on eBay for $50, but they all went for $350-450 each. So I got quite a good return on my "investment", which is the point of such things, isn't it?
    why didn't you sell them at a fixed cost ? Isn't this pure speculation and what has been artificially driving up retrogaming prices for years now? Aren't those iniatives what are making the retrogaming scene a thing for privileged people instead of a popular hobby like it was not that long ago?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

At the risk of sounding like a jerk...an item only has the monetary value someone gives it. There are some 600 games for the Sega Genesis and at this point tens of thousands for other consoles. I take solace knowing I'll never play Paprium or pay an extraordinary amount for this overhyped game. Anyone who pays hundreds for this game is a stone-cold dope. The amount that individuals pay for video games is absolutely ridiculous these days and we should all feel ashamed that someone thinks a video game is worth more than $50 even with inflation.

The people who still haven't gotten this game should file a class action lawsuit for being ripped off at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    why didn't you sell them at a fixed cost ? Isn't this pure speculation and what has been artificially driving up retrogaming prices for years now? Aren't those iniatives what are making the retrogaming scene a thing for privileged people instead of a popular hobby like it was not that long ago?
    It was a big risk I took considering the many years of delay and all the comments like "lol Fonz is smoking crack with your cash, good luck seeing that money again or the game in your hands". I only asked for what I initially paid for the game and if others who decided to be safe with their cash during all those years lated wanted to pay more for the game, it's completely fine by me. I never even got paid for my work at Watermelon so making a return from all that free work by doing this was a good solution to me. There was never a limit set on those investor editions anyway, so this wasn't scalping and neither did anyone miss out on the game for my "investment". In fact, I even made it more accessible.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

The amount that individuals pay for video games is absolutely ridiculous these days and we should all feel ashamed that someone thinks a video game is worth more than $50 even with inflation.
    Yeah, would be so nice to score a PAL copy of Lakers vs Celtics or WCS2 for only 50 bucks

Thread Information