Quantcast

Thread: CADASH BOX ART VARIANTS?

Default CADASH BOX ART VARIANTS?

Hey Genesis/Mega Drive fans!

So, I picked up another copy of Cadash recently (to resell) and was surprised by a few things re the games cover:

1. The rear/spine colour is blue (not purple)
    2. The spine 'code' 11086' is missing, the logo colours have been altered, the replaced by a and the smaller 'Genesis' logo was enlarged.
    3. Cover license omits 'for play on the sega genesis system' (just says 'Licensed by Sega Enterprises)
    4. On the rear, the barcodes match but the TS-0058-40 is missing. As is the patent info.

What is that all about? Upon inspection the cover art looks, feels and smells vintage! So can anyone confirm they released 2 different cover styles?
    The carts are identical and are both genuine Sega boards.

Whilst we're on the subject (and this is my second post on suspect case swapping):
    I'm in the UK and I cannot believe how many sellers case swap - it's disturbing to me that they have the nerve to take something authentic and just swap the cases/covers out like it means nothing to them. It really winds me up actually! Is nothing sacred anymore?! If I receive one more 'sports box' or Accolade I am going to emigrate!

Anyway, hoping someone can offer some insight on this. Pics attached.

Thanks!
    Glitchy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

What you have with the blue one looks like it may be a reproduction from The Cover Project:
    http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=13004

Mine is purple, I'm in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Add to my rant then, these people who are not being honest with what they are selling. Of course they may not of been aware but generally they are selling Sega games and should know better! I am moving back to the US after all this pandemic business so I shall look forward to buying legit authentic and preserved genesis games once again. I foolishly sold them all in 2017 and seem to be paying dearly for it! Cheers for the info, I was not even aware of the cover project, but just noticed it as a pinned thread. I am still amazed the person responsible for this reprint even managed to find the exact paper used on originals which swayed me, I can usually spot them a mile off. It seems a lot of resellers in the 90's video stores here were swapping cases and artwork back then just to 'improve' and sell a damaged one. Shame. More fool me I guess. Thanks again.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert McValdemar's Avatar

I own the game since many years when repros where less common and even I have the purple one.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I'm not sure about repros recently, I haven't bought much Genesis stuff for awhile.

I know these kinds of thing are all over AliExpress:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000528610957.html
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Thread Information