Quantcast

Thread: MutiConsole Hookups

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Default MutiConsole Hookups

I really don't know now to word this, But I will try the best I can

I moved to my brothers like 6 years ago, He's not a Gamer at all

I have like 15 Consoles, I have like 2 Powerstrips to Protect..He thinks I would start a fire

Where I lived before I had my Gen/32X/CD in 1 Powerstrip , PS3, PS2, GameCube, Xbox, N64, 7800, 2600, Wii, SNES & My Indy II sharing the other one

I can't even explain it to him

With a 15 Amp Circuit Breaker, Does mAh or Watts Matter

Like adding up all the Consoles in a 15 Amp Circuit Breaker

Playstation - 17 Watts
    SNES - 17 Watts

Tell him a fire couldnt possibly start because only two of those consoles continually stay on (The Wii and the PS3, and even those settings can be changed) and with only one television you can only play one video game console at the time. If there is no power being fed to the power strip, then nothing can get overloaded and start a fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Master of Shinobi

Retro consoles power consumption is so low it's almost negligible. The risk of starting fires because of a powerstrip is if you connect an oven, microwave, heater, etc. 16 bit consoles don't even reach 10W when any small heater is usually 700-1000W. Most cheap powerstrips can take up to 2500W, at least here in EU.

Do account for voltage difference between US & EU (it's aprox half in USA), but still, you'll be very far from any fire hazardous config
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cart sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

To be fair, I had a (cheap) power brick melt once. Those bricks are always warm, even when the console is off.

I try to turn my power strips off if they aren't being used.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Perhaps for the Gen/CD/32X consider getting one of those all in 1 combo power cords (if you haven't already). That would free up some outlets to redistribute some of the consoles to the two power strips. It may be the sight of those bulky old style power bricks that are causing his concern, they just have a burn down the house look to them.

What is an Indy ii? TV? One of those cool old Indy 500 consoles? An SGI Indy?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Tell him a fire couldnt possibly start because only two of those consoles continually stay on (The Wii and the PS3, and even those settings can be changed) and with only one television you can only play one video game console at the time. If there is no power being fed to the power strip, then nothing can get overloaded and start a fire.
    The Xbox is actually a fire hazard, if he didnít get the power cord with a circuit breaker. I canít even use that cord now, because my Xbox trips it. I keep it unplugged when Iím not using it. I need to crack it open to see about replacing the cap.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information