Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me some good 90s TV shows

I guess I could recommend you SF mini-series "Treasure Island in Outer Space" which was made in the mid-80s but I watched it back in 1991 on TV. It is European production and special effects are quite bad in some scenes, but it has its charm and it looks like something you would watch on Sega CD. It stars Anthony Quinn and Ernest Borgnine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasu...in_Outer_Space
    Last edited by Carl Sagan; 03-03-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Road Rasher

On the subject of Babylon 5 and obscure, I recently decided to go down the laserdisc rabbit hole and acquired this series that I'd completely forgotten about for two decades:

The actual name of the show was Hypernauts, and it was basically Saturday morning Babylon 5. They made a show for kids using B5 resources just to prove that they could, which was pretty insane, but it was abruptly canceled halfway through the first season thanks to the Disney acquisition of ABC. The remaining episodes only aired outside the US, and it miraculously got a LD release in Japan (pictured). The show is also noteworthy for being an unintentional B5 easter egg in the episode where the white star jumps out of Jupiter. Pause it at the right moment, and you'll discover a single frame of animation from Hypernauts that managed to find its way into the wrong show.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

If you're willing to branch out from the Sci-Fi genre then two Bruce Cambell series come to mind. Jack of All Trades and Brisco County Jr. are both fun watches, and Brisco even has some sci-fi leanings in points.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinderl View Post
    On the subject of Babylon 5 and obscure, I recently decided to go down the laserdisc rabbit hole and acquired this series that I'd completely forgotten about for two decades:

The actual name of the show was Hypernauts, and it was basically Saturday morning Babylon 5. They made a show for kids using B5 resources just to prove that they could, which was pretty insane, but it was abruptly canceled halfway through the first season thanks to the Disney acquisition of ABC. The remaining episodes only aired outside the US, and it miraculously got a LD release in Japan (pictured). The show is also noteworthy for being an unintentional B5 easter egg in the episode where the white star jumps out of Jupiter. Pause it at the right moment, and you'll discover a single frame of animation from Hypernauts that managed to find its way into the wrong show.
    Wow - surprised I never came across this before. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    If you're willing to branch out from the Sci-Fi genre then two Bruce Cambell series come to mind. Jack of All Trades and Brisco County Jr. are both fun watches, and Brisco even has some sci-fi leanings in points.
    I remember watching Brisco County Jr when it first aired. It premiered a few weeks before the X-Files and it was running in the 8:00pm slot with the X-Files at 9:00pm. I liked it more than the X-Files at the time but have never watched it since. Never heard of Jack of All Trades, though.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Sharpe. I think that might have been late 80s but ran through the 90s. Very good swashing of buckles.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Like G's Avatar

Have you heard of "Early Edition"? It is a series about a guy who receives tomorrow's newspaper one day in advance and tries to avoid disasters or solve issues in the future. Very unique premise for a late 90s series.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Oh yes, I remember that. It was quite a unique spin on the travelling do-gooder format.

It was on the Sci-Fi network but it also reminds me of an early Supernatural type of show. First Wave:
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Another good show from the Sci-Fi network....The Invisible Man:
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Quantum Leap
    Eerie, Indiana
    Ben Stiller Show
    Get a Life
    Freaks and Geeks

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Outlaw Star

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Dark Skies - is an obscure SF show in the style of "X-Files" so it takes conspiracy theories very, very seriously. It even has Carl Sagan character who is working with the government to cover-up alien visitations.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115151/

Thread Information