Quantcast

Thread: Sega Astro City Mini sound issue

Default Sega Astro City Mini sound issue

I bought this thing and love it, but I do wonder how do I get sound from the built-in speakers? To me, they are about as silent as a politician caught in a sex scandal or Crono from Chrono Trigger.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

I don't have one, but I just googled it real quick: Are you playing via HDMI or on the unit itself? If on the unit, did you adjust the volume settings like this:

https://twitter.com/astrocitymini/st...96888718524419

Thank you! I used the HDMI, but after removing the cable the screen on the unit itself as well as the speakers began to work. So I guess you can only use the built-in speakers (and screen) if not using the HDMI cable. It's too bad, but we used external speakers and my monitor to play some Crack Down on lunch . Crackshell played Crack Down .

Hope everything goes well writing the book!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Thank you! I used the HDMI, but after removing the cable the screen on the unit itself as well as the speakers began to work. So I guess you can only use the built-in speakers (and screen) if not using the HDMI cable. It's too bad, but we used external speakers and my monitor to play some Crack Down on lunch . Crackshell played Crack Down .

Hope everything goes well writing the book!
    I think there is an option in the settings or something to adjust this and allow it to use either one? Then again, I might be thinking of my Dragon's Lair replicade that I know has an audio option and that option is specifically to specify if you want audio through HDMI output or from the actual speakers on the mini cab.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I think there is an option in the settings or something to adjust this and allow it to use either one? Then again, I might be thinking of my Dragon's Lair replicade that I know has an audio option and that option is specifically to specify if you want audio through HDMI output or from the actual speakers on the mini cab.
    No, with the Astro City Mini it's like Zebbe says. Connecting it to a TV/monitor through the HDMI output automatically disables the built-in speakers. This is one of the reasons the device has an audio output, so you can use plug in some headphones or external speakers in case you connect the Astro City Mini to a monitor lacking built-in speakers instead of a TV. The option settings for sound are very minimal, you can only adjust the volume in five possible levels and you can't even do that in-game, you need to exit to the game selection screen to even do that.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Thread Information