Quantcast

Thread: Playing Wonder Boy in Monster Land via Converter

Road Rasher

Default Playing Wonder Boy in Monster Land via Converter

I 'd like to play Wonder Boy in Monster Land on my Mega Drive via the Master System Converter.
    The Converter manual states that I need the original Master System pad to do this. I've also read on the internet about problems when the game is played with a Mega Drive pad.

My questions are:
    Does the game work properly when it is played with the Sega Control Stick (not pad) via Converter (I assume it should, but I want to make sure before I buy the stick)?
    Are the any Mega Drive pads (including third-party controller) that work with the game?

(I'm using an European Converter and a PAL model 1; although I don't think that regional differences matter in that regard.)

I'm pretty sure the original Sega Master System Control Stick will work for Monster Land with the power base converter on your Sega Genesis/MD just the same as the original Master System gamepad... bit it's not a great joystick.

The best option would be to buy Kirkzz Joyzz Wireless Controller Gamepad:

https://krikzz.com/store/home/52-seg...ontroller.html

It's compatible with Master System games and it's an incredibly good gamepad. I highly recommend it.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Blake00's Avatar

Funnily enough I bought an original Master System gamepad for my Mega Drive for this very problem haha. Wonder Boy 2 was my favourite master system game so I was devo as a kid when I discovered it didn't work on my Mega Drive with the converter. However several decades later a couple of years back I saw on a forum that Master System controllers work with Mega Drives for converter games so I hit ebay and got one. Sure enough it worked great and I can play Wonder Boy 2 on my Mega Drive with no probs!

I also saw on a forum that apparently you can play WB2 with a mega drive controller if you chop/cut one of the button cables but I wouldn't recommend that.

Thread Information