Quantcast

Thread: New Asuka 120% game for Genesis / Mega Drive

Default New Asuka 120% game for Genesis / Mega Drive

I'm kind of surprised no one here picked up on this bit of news, but apparently Opera House is making a new Asuka 120% game... one for the 16-bit Sega Genesis and the other for modern shits. Pretty cool!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/asu...4BWcabty955Vts

Quote Originally Posted by The web page I linked to
    Sources are kinda weird but here we go: on this video, Opera House (a japanese company that I haven't heard in aaaages) has confirmed that they are working on two new Asuka 120% games, the classic fighting game franchise by Fill-in-Cafe of the nineties, one of the pioneers of "anime fighters".

The first game is called Asuka 120% Reborn (a pun of り・ぼーん ), based on the X68000 version with a new character (a boxing girl) and new content that will be released for Megadrive (!!!) and later on Switch with an exclusive story mode. Then Asuka 120% O-Nyuu (that I guess お・にゅー can be read as "all new"?) will use "modern hardware" and the characters will be made with 3D models.

Asuka 120% is a fun series, I really like it so this is huge news for some people yet sure this sounds like a very Indie/Doujin approach to it, so let's see what will happen.

If you don't know what Asuka 120% is, take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ci-IxitQ3c
    They linked the Saturn version so that's what the Youtube video on the page is about, not the Genesis version. The video embedding code has changed so I don't know how to do it on the forum any more. Anyway it will be interesting to see!

This sounds great. I hope to hear more info about this soon. It would be so cool if they could somehow recreate the zooming with software scaling.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

That's pretty random. Hopefully the MD based on a demake of the Saturn version and not simply an addon to the 68k/FM-Towns/PCE versions. I can do without the scaling if it's gonna be choppy or "16 colors".

I want images or videos.

Outrunner

Ah man, super hyped! I was wondering if the renaissance was gonna continue after we’d already been spoilt by the likes of Tanglewood, Xeno Crisis and Paprium in the last couple of years and it looks like a resounding “yes”!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Hansuke's Avatar

I wonder how much MEGA power the cart is gonna be?
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=148033&dateline=16159  41118

Nameless One

This is something I didn't know I needed, but I'll take it. What are the chances of getting a Genesis version? It's tough seeing games not being released for the Genesis, like Mad Stalker

Cool beans!

Thread Information