Quantcast

Thread: Castlevania ressurection prototype/demo discovered

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Media Castlevania ressurection prototype/demo discovered

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

shit yes! always wondered how much (if any) of this game got done...looks more alpha than beta, yeah? damn, i'd love to wander around for as long as it'd let me before the inevitable crash, haha. this is honestly the most exciting dump since either toejam & earl or RE2.

I was always disappointed that this game got cancelled. I remember going into Gamestop multiple times trying to get some information from the staff about when the release date is or when I can pre-order a copy. I guess I was either in denial or never imagined that the Dreamcast wasn't doing great. Hopefully this circulates soon so we can all give it a play.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

It has been released now.

Quite early sample, but interesting to have this around at least.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

I got a chance to play this for a little while last night. Yeah it's definitely a very early build of the game, but overall it's what you would expect when you think of the consoles from that era. Reminded me very much of the N64 games but obviously had some better (IMO) visuals. As a Castlevania and Dreamcast fan I'll have to say it's a shame this game never got the green light and production to see the light of day. Perhaps Konami never really had confidence in the Dreamcast and at the time just wanted a placeholder to say they have a new Castlevania game in development.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Can you play on PC or do I need to burn this to a disc? Not even sure I can do the latter anymore.

I got distracted and forgot to download it and now it's taken down. So there goes that.

Thread Information